• 121(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Pi2 has been giving me all sorts of troubles on 2 different set-ups lately. It's cool that is can do a number of awesome things but the headaches I've been experiencing just don't make it a good option. And I'm not even talking 3D I'm talking playing back a DVD rip with only 2.0 audio. Slow, juttery if it even plays at all. And that's on a full gigabit wired connection.

Anyone know anything about future Pi versions?
the PI2 is pretty solid here, not sure if it helps but ive been on millhouse 1127, since 11-27 its been great
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-12-21, 14:08)Dave the Minion Wrote: Pi2 has been giving me all sorts of troubles on 2 different set-ups lately. It's cool that is can do a number of awesome things but the headaches I've been experiencing just don't make it a good option. And I'm not even talking 3D I'm talking playing back a DVD rip with only 2.0 audio. Slow, juttery if it even plays at all. And that's on a full gigabit wired connection.

We can't fix things without reports. Not sure if you are using a stable or Milhouse build, but the Milhouse builds have fixes a lot of DVD playback issues in the last few days (note: these are related to the VideoPlayer merge rather than being Pi specific issues). If you have an issue then please report it in the Pi forum. DVD playback should not be slow or juddery.
Now I'm really confused about áll these 3D formats... If I get this right, BD3D iso is the best and true 3d. Is Kodi able to playback this under Linux?
On Win I believe PowerDVD is required?
I would like to use a Braswell board for this, N3150, and not a pi2.
Is it possible or will it be possible? Thanks
(2015-12-21, 22:55)gurabli Wrote: Is Kodi able to playback this under Linux?
Good question. Until recently, I, and several of us here, had thought "yes". And, RPi is the only device I'm aware of that did under Linux. But, based on recent comments by Koying and someone posting "split vertical" being reported for Pi2's 3D MVC playback, don't know what to think now.

In Pi2's Settings > Videos > Acceleration (I'm using the latest Kodi 17 build), there's an option to enable 'Support MVC Video (Full Frame 3D)'.

But, perhaps only Koying or popcornmix can definitively answer if we're getting full frame-packed output from Pi or not... 1080p to each eye as encoded on a BD 3D ISO or MVC MKV file (same way a 3D Blu-ray player would decode and output).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
"On Win I believe PowerDVD is required?"

Yep.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-12-22, 00:12)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 22:55)gurabli Wrote: Is Kodi able to playback this under Linux?
Good question. Until recently, I, and several of us here, had thought "yes". And, RPi is the only device I'm aware of that did under Linux. But, based on recent comments by Koying and someone posting "split vertical" being reported for Pi2's 3D MVC playback, don't know what to think now.

In Pi2's Settings > Videos > Acceleration (I'm using the latest Kodi 17 build), there's an option to enable 'Support MVC Video (Full Frame 3D)'.

But, perhaps only Koying or popcornmix can definitively answer if we're getting full frame-packed output from Pi or not... 1080p to each eye as encoded on a BD 3D ISO or MVC MKV file (same way a 3D Blu-ray player would decode and output).
When I tried 3d on the pi2 tvservice reported frame packed. But you are confusing MVC with frame packed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, I don't think so... my suspicion is that Pi2 is outputting in framepacked, but the way it's decoding is by splitting the full left/right data into half resolution, which is what gets reassembled. I'm hoping I'm wrong about this. Koying, and I'm guessing Milhouse/popcorncornmix, know this stuff more than anyone else and hope they can shine a light. Maybe under Linux, it's full 3D, but using Koying's hack under Android, which Zidoo picked up and others also might, it's half-resolution?

One thing I've started to notice lately is that my HiMedia Q5's 3D ISO output just looks superior (better 3D, more detail and punchier) than anything else I have that does 3D.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I guess one would need some sort of hdmi analyser to really know.

EDIT: I really doubt that the RPi will be downscaling a 1080p frame to half resolution, then upscaling it again to build a frame packed output. That just does not make sense.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wonder if it would be possible to have the same quality of encoding and way under Linux (not just pi2), as with a BD player, that is BD3D, the same that PowerDvd can do under win?
Let's add some confusion Wink
Framepacking is basically just a special Full Top-and-Bottom, with a black band in between ( http://www.hdfever.fr/wp-content/uploads...ontent.jpg )

That's the "picture" which is sent to the TV, the difference being that it's not "rendered" by Kodi, but sent directly to HDMI from the decoder.
You can see it as framepacking being a hidden 1920x2205 mode on your TV.
(2015-12-22, 00:12)hdmkv Wrote: (I'm using the latest Kodi 17 build)

Off topic, but huh?

Why 17 when 16 isn't even released yet? What am I missing hereHuh
The latest Milhouse nightly build for the Pi is running Kodi 17
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-22, 10:07)Koying Wrote: Let's add some confusion Wink
Framepacking is basically just a special Full Top-and-Bottom, with a black band in between ( http://www.hdfever.fr/wp-content/uploads...ontent.jpg )

That's the "picture" which is sent to the TV, the difference being that it's not "rendered" by Kodi, but sent directly to HDMI from the decoder.
You can see it as framepacking being a hidden 1920x2205 mode on your TV.

So is the Pi using Full Top-and-Bottom just like in the picture?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-22, 13:17)movie78 Wrote: So is the Pi using Full Top-and-Bottom just like in the picture?

Yep, AFAIK
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17