• 123(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Well not sure if you need more detail but the Marantz receiver says when playing an 3D ISO:

Audio
Sound Mode DOLBY HD
Input Signal Dolby HD
Format 3/4/.1
Fs 48kHz
OffSet 0dB
Video
HDMI Signal Info.
Resolution 1080p:24Hz 3D> 3D
Color Space ---
Pixel Depth ---
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

I can say with 100% confidence that the output from 3D BD ISO is frame packing on the Pi2 and Zidoo X6 Pro. Despite what they claim on their forum, so far VidOn output has been only half Top and Bottom on Amlogic S8xx and S905. I don't have HiMedia Q5, so cannot comment on that.
(2015-12-22, 16:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 16:19)movie78 Wrote: I still have my, how do verify rendered/output in full 3D?

HDMI capture card, HDMI analyser or HDMI device that gives detailed info about the HDMI mode.
Without that, start playback on 3D TV. Whilst playing, unplug and connect to 2D TV. Then connect back to 3D TV
Yes, a protocol analyzer/external video processor will confirm the 3D output format. I have noticed differences in the mouse cursor shape and side under the different 3D output formats. It has so far been consistent with the findings on the analyzer/video processor/capture card.
Is the new Tronsmart S95 Vega a good option? It's got an amlogic s905 with 2Gb ram, and VIDOON XBMC with licence for always. And it's compatible with audio HD on HDMI.
I think @Rew452 has a HDMI Analyzer....

@Rew452

Do you mind helping out on this matter?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-22, 20:30)wesk05 Wrote: I can say with 100% confidence that the output from 3D BD ISO is frame packing on the Pi2 and Zidoo X6 Pro. Despite what they claim on their forum, so far VidOn output has been only half Top and Bottom on Amlogic S8xx and S905. I don't have HiMedia Q5, so cannot comment on that.
I'm quite confident Q5 is outputting full 3D. Judging by my eyeballs, but it has the best 3D quality of all the 3D boxes I've tried. And it's an Android external player solution as with Zidoo X6. And HiMedia H8 is basically using the same h/w and s/w solution as Zidoo.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-22, 22:06)hdmkv Wrote: And it's an Android external player solution as with Zidoo X6.

On the X6, it is only calling librkffplayer.so library. I am not sure whether that can be labelled as using an external player, but then it is for the Kodi developers to give the verdict on that.
I'm no coding expert, but recall Koying saying it was an external player solution w/Kodi player UI wrapper around it.
My HT
(2015-12-22, 22:27)hdmkv Wrote: I'm no coding expert, but recall Koying saying it was an external player solution w/Kodi player UI wrapper around it.

What happened to the rest of your post on 3D?
Please see @ wrxtasy's thread here. I'll add a link to it from my post #1 here as well tomorrow, which also needs another refresh.
My HT
(2015-12-23, 00:19)hdmkv Wrote: Sorry, here it is Smile ... I just sent it to wrxtasy to post in his new 'Pick the Right Kodi Box' thread... but, maybe you or others have some feedback, changes? Thanks!
However, a full 3D Blu-ray is encoded using a technology called MVC (Multiview Video Coding), with an effective resolution of 3840x1080, which is then rendered (combined for output) via the method called "frame packing" to the 3D display.
Blu-ray MVC is encoded using 1920x1080 resolution, which when decoded and rendered as frame packing will have a resolution of 1920x2205 for an effective resolution of 1920x1080 for each eye.
Fixed... thanks!
My HT
Ahh Peer review, to keep us all on our toes !
Yes 3D, by hdmkv plugged into the Hardware thread.

3D, by hdmkv has a nice ring to it don't you think ? Wink

Let me re-send you the forum-formatted version of above again.
My HT
(2015-12-22, 22:18)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 22:06)hdmkv Wrote: And it's an Android external player solution as with Zidoo X6.

On the X6, it is only calling librkffplayer.so library. I am not sure whether that can be labelled as using an external player, but then it is for the Kodi developers to give the verdict on that.

Yes.zidoo x6 only calling librkffplayer.so library.Another way to decoding.Don't need any external player
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17