• 95(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Issue on Ubuntu launching NetflixXBMC addon.

Could be a path issue, looks like trying to open openssl from wrong folder /usr/lib/python not ./.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-master

Hope it's that simple, and how would I change?

Log clipping:
19:48:57 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:48:58 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
19:48:59 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: URL: https://signup.netflix.com/Login
19:49:01 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: Setting Country: CA
19:49:01 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/WiHome
19:49:03 T:139973562976000 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
19:49:07 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:49:07 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:49:07 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/dad/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-master/default.py", line 27, in <module>
import resources.lib.pyOpenSSL
File "/home/dad/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-master/resources/lib/pyOpenSSL/__init__.py", line 66, in <module>
import OpenSSL
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 11, in <module>
from OpenSSL._util import (
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 7, in <module>
binding = Binding()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 63, in __init__
self._ensure_ffi_initialized()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 95, in _ensure_ffi_initialized
cls._register_osrandom_engine()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 70, in _register_osrandom_engine
raise RuntimeError("osrandom engine already registered")
RuntimeError: osrandom engine already registered
19:49:07 T:139974543472384 NOTICE: ERROR importing OpenSSL handler
(2015-12-23, 05:56)mikeofedm Wrote: Could be a path issue, looks like trying to open openssl from wrong folder /usr/lib/python not ./.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-master

The path is not the issue, the addon is using regular python modules which aren't located in the kodi folders, perfectly normal.

(2015-12-23, 05:56)mikeofedm Wrote: RuntimeError: osrandom engine already registered

This is the problem. Here https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2287 (at the very end) updating the cryptography module to 1.1 fixed this issue for other people.
(2015-12-23, 11:25)xanes Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 05:56)mikeofedm Wrote: Could be a path issue, looks like trying to open openssl from wrong folder /usr/lib/python not ./.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc-master

The path is not the issue, the addon is using regular python modules which aren't located in the kodi folders, perfectly normal.

(2015-12-23, 05:56)mikeofedm Wrote: RuntimeError: osrandom engine already registered

This is the problem. Here https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/2287 (at the very end) updating the cryptography module to 1.1 fixed this issue for other people.

You can also try my version, I think zero has this already fixed.
(2015-12-23, 03:23)sagrath Wrote: Hello!! this working like a Charm!! Much faster than the other version...
One Suggestion:

When add one movie to library, it would be nice if the movie have his own folder, not the .strm file on the root of folder
Because this way, we cannot download the other arts to them, like discart, logo etc.

But, thanks for the great plugin!

Changed. (And also fixed encoding-problems)
(2015-12-23, 13:03)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 03:23)sagrath Wrote: Hello!! this working like a Charm!! Much faster than the other version...
One Suggestion:

When add one movie to library, it would be nice if the movie have his own folder, not the .strm file on the root of folder
Because this way, we cannot download the other arts to them, like discart, logo etc.

OH!!! Very Thanks Logi85.. this is awesome!

And why do not make a Repo? So all updates would be automatically received in kodi , no need to download the .zip file and manually update . Either way , the plugin is great . Congratulations!
Big Grin
Logi85:

Is this going to work on Windows 7?

I have tested it on two machines with the same result -- I can access my Netflix information (such as my list for both Movies and TV Shows) but whenever I try and start to play something a DOS window flashes on the screen for a second and then I am kicked right back into KODI.

I can manually start CHROME on these test systems and watch something so I know that CHROME is not the issue.

A second question -- How difficult would it be to get this working with Firefox instead of CHROME - as of last week Netflix now supports direct HTML 5 playback using Firefox without the silver-light plugin. I find the Firefox playback to be smoother with Netflix than CHROME and there a number of plugins for Firefox that give a "almost" keyosk - full screen mode.

So is it possible to get this to start Netflix using Firefox?
(2015-12-23, 20:00)msmith8228 Wrote: Logi85:

Is this going to work on Windows 7?

I have tested it on two machines with the same result -- I can access my Netflix information (such as my list for both Movies and TV Shows) but whenever I try and start to play something a DOS window flashes on the screen for a second and then I am kicked right back into KODI.

I can manually start CHROME on these test systems and watch something so I know that CHROME is not the issue.

A second question -- How difficult would it be to get this working with Firefox instead of CHROME - as of last week Netflix now supports direct HTML 5 playback using Firefox without the silver-light plugin. I find the Firefox playback to be smoother with Netflix than CHROME and there a number of plugins for Firefox that give a "almost" keyosk - full screen mode.

So is it possible to get this to start Netflix using Firefox?

Hi MsSmith,

i think you have not installed chrome to default folder so the launch-script cannot start chrome.
please have a look into resources/launchBrowser.cmd

The default path is: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
I think you simply have to edit this path to match your installation.

And yes, it should be possible to launch Firefox instead.
Just change the path to Firefox and modify the parameters to match your needs.
%1 is the URL to the video.
(2015-12-23, 15:43)sagrath Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 13:03)logi85 Wrote:
One Suggestion:

And why do not make a Repo? So all updates would be automatically received in kodi , no need to download the .zip file and manually update . Either way , the plugin is great . Congratulations!
Big Grin
Hi sagrath, I'm waiting for zero perhaps he could integrate my changes into a repository. I also hope that all netflix-plugins some day will be merged into one version.
I just modified zeros version cause I don't want to wait anymore for a netflix-solution ;-)
(2015-12-23, 21:00)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 15:43)sagrath Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 13:03)logi85 Wrote: Changed. (And also fixed encoding-problems)

Big Grin
Hi sagrath, I'm waiting for zero perhaps he could integrate my changes into a repository. I also hope that all netflix-plugins some day will be merged into one version.
I just modified zeros version cause I don't want to wait anymore for a netflix-solution ;-)

Oh that´s good to know! I hope this too, this is a great plugin, and a perfect solution until now. I also hope when the web interface is fully integrated on kodi, this plugin can be evem better.

And can be used with another browse? Like Edge? Because Chrome and Firefox is limited on 720P, and Edge And Safari is a 1080p.
How about putting a field in the settings where we can sets the path of the desired browser ? that way everyone chooses the one they like best.

Thanks in advance!
(2015-12-23, 22:09)sagrath Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 21:00)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 15:43)sagrath Wrote: OH!!! Very Thanks Logi85.. this is awesome!

Big Grin

Oh that´s good to know! I hope this too, this is a great plugin, and a perfect solution until now. I also hope when the web interface is fully integrated on kodi, this plugin can be evem better.

And can be used with another browse? Like Edge? Because Chrome and Firefox is limited on 720P, and Edge And Safari is a 1080p.
How about putting a field in the settings where we can sets the path of the desired browser ? that way everyone chooses the one they like best.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can use another browser. I just uploaded a new version.
There are 4 relevant files:

windows:
resources/launchBrowser.cmd
resources/sendKey.vbs

linux:
resources/launchBrowser.sh
resources/findChromeWindow.sh

In the launchBrowser-File, you have to modify the browser started with its parameters.
In the other file, you have to modify the Window Name of Your Browser (In Title), so remote-control works.

Setting the netflix-cookie however is not easy to implement for all available browsers, so the best solution would be to login with your favourite browser and cache the login.
Then, it should work with any browser.
Update: remote control under windows should now work.
Fantastic!!!!! Thanks one more time!!!

RoflRofl

Quick update:

when installing the new zip I received the following message: " it was not possible to install due to invalid structure " . Something is wrong?

Quick update 2:

Nevermind, just reboot kodi and now it's OK!
Hello I am running kodibuntu and I have two strange things happening.

If I go to my list and select a tv show I get this error in the log

14:31:45 T:2830101312 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/addon.py", line 36, in <module>
list.seasons(name, url, thumb)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/resources/list.py", line 399, in seasons
content = json.loads(content)['video']['seasons']
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864) failed
14:31:45 T:2830101312 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

If i select continue watching from the context menu it is fine it plays the next episode.

Other issue is no remote.

I have brought over the code from chrome launcher plugin

netflix.lirc file and put the following in launchBrowser.sh

url=$1
#start my changes
# lets find out if irxevent actually exist before we try to call them.
command -v irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
IRXEVENT=$?

if [ $IRXEVENT -eq 0 ]; then
killall irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

# http://stackoverflow.com/questions/59895...-stored-in
#DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
#echo "Director: $DIR"
irxevent -d netflix.lirc &
else
echo "irxevent is not installed, can't do remote control"
fi

/usr/bin/blackbox &
# end my changes
# notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url" &

That has got me up and running but the stop button does not work and back takes me back to kodi and then relaunches the plugin and starts playing again.

Should my remote work without my hacks ??

Cheers

Chris
(2015-12-23, 22:30)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 22:09)sagrath Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 21:00)logi85 Wrote: Hi sagrath, I'm waiting for zero perhaps he could integrate my changes into a repository. I also hope that all netflix-plugins some day will be merged into one version.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can use another browser. I just uploaded a new version.
There are 4 relevant files:

windows:
resources/launchBrowser.cmd
resources/sendKey.vbs

linux:
resources/launchBrowser.sh
resources/findChromeWindow.sh

In the launchBrowser-File, you have to modify the browser started with its parameters.
In the other file, you have to modify the Window Name of Your Browser (In Title), so remote-control works.

Setting the netflix-cookie however is not easy to implement for all available browsers, so the best solution would be to login with your favourite browser and cache the login.
Then, it should work with any browser.
Same problem here. I checked LaunchBrowser.cmd everything is correct regarding my paths. I even double clicked LaunchBrowser.cmd and it loads up Chrome just fine in fullscreen. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and Jarvis Beta 4. Here is my log if it'll help?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2015-12-24, 06:37)sirhcjw Wrote: Hello I am running kodibuntu and I have two strange things happening.

If I go to my list and select a tv show I get this error in the log

14:31:45 T:2830101312 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/addon.py", line 36, in <module>
list.seasons(name, url, thumb)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/resources/list.py", line 399, in seasons
content = json.loads(content)['video']['seasons']
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864) failed
14:31:45 T:2830101312 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

If i select continue watching from the context menu it is fine it plays the next episode.

Other issue is no remote.

I have brought over the code from chrome launcher plugin

netflix.lirc file and put the following in launchBrowser.sh

url=$1
#start my changes
# lets find out if irxevent actually exist before we try to call them.
command -v irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
IRXEVENT=$?

killall irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

# http://stackoverflow.com/questions/59895...-stored-in
#DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
#echo "Director: $DIR"
irxevent -d netflix.lirc &
else
echo "irxevent is not installed, can't do remote control"
fi

/usr/bin/blackbox &
# end my changes
# notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url" &

That has got me up and running but the stop button does not work and back takes me back to kodi and then relaunches the plugin and starts playing again.

Should my remote work without my hacks ??

Cheers

Chris

Hello,
please clear cache from addon-settings and try again, perhaps there is something wrong inside.
Remote: If your remote works under kodi, you don't have to use this script, cause my addon will catch input from kodi and control the browser.
So it would be the better way to integrate your remote to kodi.
In your script, the launching of chrome has to be a blocking call. That means, the commandline without "&" (which spawns a new process and continue the script). It has to be a blocking call cause in this way kodi knows when playback ends. If it is no blocking call, kodi thinks after launching the playback ended.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217