Accidentally deleted all recordings
ahhhh - I clicked on a sub folder of the Recorded TV in Kodi and selected delete all recordings in folder and it deleted all recordings, not just the ones in the subfolder.

Is there any way to undelete or recover them??

(I guess not...)?
(2015-04-10, 23:07)archie456 Wrote: ahhhh - I clicked on a sub folder of the Recorded TV in Kodi and selected delete all recordings in folder and it deleted all recordings, not just the ones in the subfolder.

Is there any way to undelete or recover them??

(I guess not...)?

It is a bit of a worry if you selected one sub-folder and it managed to delete recordings that were not in the folder as well. You should be able to find logs on the MediaPortal side that give an indication of what happened. I don't know enough about the Kodi logging.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to keep a backup. I use backup software daily to back up all of my media to two different locations. That way, in the event of a disk failure or human error, I can recover everything quickly.
Just tried to reproduce this (after backing up all my recordings).
Kodi (Helix) is only sending the recording id's from the sub folder to MediaPortal for deletion as expected, so I cannot reproduce it.

Edit:
However, I did find a small problem in the TVServerKodi plugin that caused transferring an empty list to Kodi. So as far as I can see, the recordings are safe, but only the entire list in Kodi was empty. This should be fixed with TVServerKodi plugin v1.10.0.128
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
How do I backup recordings - I'll try to reproduce...
Copy them to another disk, the same as you would back up any other file Smile
But if I do that then they wont be listed the mediaPortal database?

I ran into a similar issue when I deleted a recording manually in explorer and the MediaPortal database kept listing it until I manually updated it.
I meant copy (not move!) them to another disk so you have a backup.

If you do then need to restore them, you would have to re-import them into the MediaPortal TV database.
The problem is that I have loads of TV recordings to manually reimport them would take ages.
Just had this problem, and found this thread.

What I think is happening is as follows:

1. Select recording - delete - deletes one recording (OK)

2. From top list select single folder - delete - delete all folder contents (OK)

3. In a folder, select .. - delete - delete all in parent folder (everything) !!!!!!!

I think that deletion of .. should be blocked.
(2015-12-23, 21:18)nsi-ltd Wrote: Just had this problem, and found this thread.

What I think is happening is as follows:

1. Select recording - delete - deletes one recording (OK)

2. From top list select single folder - delete - delete all folder contents (OK)

3. In a folder, select .. - delete - delete all in parent folder (everything) !!!!!!!

I think that deletion of .. should be blocked.

It would be good if deletion of multiple recordings had to be confirmed.

My wife often highlights the program in the list, without realising that she is focusing on a folder, and deletes. She wouldn't realise she was deleting multiple recordings.

The way MediaPortal handles recordings is very nice in this respect. If there is only one recording in a folder, then don't show the folder - just the recording. Then you wouldn't need to have the ability to delete on a folder at all.

Is there any way this can be added to the plugin?
Unfortunately I cannot easily prevent this. The PVR addon receives a DeleteRecording command for each individual recording,
I've heard that it should not be possible anymore in Kodi 16 (Jarvis)

The one recording => skip folder part is a nice suggestion. Will put this on my (long) todo list.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I have been advised that this is fixed in 15.2, and therefore in OpenELEC 6.0 as well. I have confirmed this, and upgraded accordingly. There is now no context menu for the '..' entry!
FYI ... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2310848
(2016-01-14, 22:43)margro Wrote: The one recording => skip folder part is a nice suggestion. Will put this on my (long) todo list.

@margro,
If/when you do this, could you please add an option in the Config to turn it off? I personally love the way all recordings are in folders.

Thank you!
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accidentally deleted all recordings0