• 96(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
(2015-12-24, 09:15)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 22:30)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 22:09)sagrath Wrote: Oh that´s good to know! I hope this too, this is a great plugin, and a perfect solution until now. I also hope when the web interface is fully integrated on kodi, this plugin can be evem better.

And can be used with another browse? Like Edge? Because Chrome and Firefox is limited on 720P, and Edge And Safari is a 1080p.
How about putting a field in the settings where we can sets the path of the desired browser ? that way everyone chooses the one they like best.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can use another browser. I just uploaded a new version.
There are 4 relevant files:

windows:
resources/launchBrowser.cmd
resources/sendKey.vbs

linux:
resources/launchBrowser.sh
resources/findChromeWindow.sh

In the launchBrowser-File, you have to modify the browser started with its parameters.
In the other file, you have to modify the Window Name of Your Browser (In Title), so remote-control works.

Setting the netflix-cookie however is not easy to implement for all available browsers, so the best solution would be to login with your favourite browser and cache the login.
Then, it should work with any browser.
Same problem here. I checked LaunchBrowser.cmd everything is correct regarding my paths. I even double clicked LaunchBrowser.cmd and it loads up Chrome just fine in fullscreen. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and Jarvis Beta 4. Here is my log if it'll help?

Hi, what is exactly the problem? Please check that the script will not terminate until your browser is closed. (so there is a command-line, which closes if you close your browser)
(2015-12-18, 00:21)logi85 Wrote: @steads, Thank you for testing!

1) yes I know, it is really difficult to parse the right informations by netflix. I hope perhaps zero would have a look on it cause he knows his code much better.

2) Yes this is a good idea, I'll have a look on it. Currently every information will be loaded at entering a section.

3) I'll add an Info to the screen. You can simply press the back-button (In most cases backspace). I have only tested without keyboard (using cec-remote). I'll also try to monitor the process-termination of chrome. if it's possible, it would be possible automatically go back to the previous screen. I use the black screen to react on events (to make it possible using a remote to control netflix/chrome)

Update: please check the newest commit. should now work for you.
Also, I added basic windows-support. (at least with chrome). but feel free to modify resources/launchBrowser.cmd to launch another browser.

4) I think this would be a nice feature, but first the plugin has to come stable. I started coding on it cause I'm waiting for a long time for a stable addon (I think like most of us).

Thx!

p.s.: feel free to add issues to zeros or my github account. this would help.

pps: my changes are not integrated yet by zero. If you want to try them, use https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix

I just wanted to add an update on the netflix on kodi thingy (: Got mine to work by download the version from the quote and not the one from page 1
I run Windows 10 - and latest kodi 15.2 isengard - installed Chrome and enabled widewine which has to be done manually and it works thank you all for making it possibel, are now watching netflix through kodi (: would love an update which make it possibel to use the Kore remote from your phone.

And Hi all my first post (:
Video playback is working with Windows 10, Kodi 15.2 here.
My only issue is that I can't get SendKeys to send the right thing to exit from Chrome (the other key commands work). The script, sendKey.vbs, has
if key="close" then
cmd = "%{F4}"

I am using a Harmony One remote that is set up to send keys as an MCE keyboard. I don't have a close button, so I tried
if key=“escape” then
cmd = "%{F4}"

since I have the Exit button sending {esc}, but that didn't work, either. So, I also tried sending <ctrl>-<shift>-Q since that's the key combo that's supposed to quit Chrome in Windows. I tried
if key=“escape” then
cmd = "^+q"

and got nowhere. Can anybody help me with this? I'm guessing there are others who would like to have a solution to this, too.
Thanks!
(2015-12-24, 20:09)mathgeek97 Wrote: Video playback is working with Windows 10, Kodi 15.2 here.
My only issue is that I can't get SendKeys to send the right thing to exit from Chrome (the other key commands work). The script, sendKey.vbs, has
if key="close" then
cmd = "%{F4}"

I am using a Harmony One remote that is set up to send keys as an MCE keyboard. I don't have a close button, so I tried
if key=“escape” then
cmd = "%{F4}"

since I have the Exit button sending {esc}, but that didn't work, either. So, I also tried sending <ctrl>-<shift>-Q since that's the key combo that's supposed to quit Chrome in Windows. I tried
if key=“escape” then
cmd = "^+q"

and got nowhere. Can anybody help me with this? I'm guessing there are others who would like to have a solution to this, too.
Thanks!

I have the EXACT same setup. I am curious how to change this as well. To be more specific about the use case. On my harmony remote, I have "x" mapped to the stop key. I'd love to hit stop on the remote and close the chrome browser window (i.e. send the alt+f4 to the chrome window). Same goes for "P" for Play, etc... which are the other keypresses I have mapped to my harmony remote.
(2015-12-24, 23:45)moronim Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 20:09)mathgeek97 Wrote: Video playback is working with Windows 10, Kodi 15.2 here.
if key="close" then
cmd = "%{F4}"

if key=“escape” then
cmd = "%{F4}"

if key=“escape” then
cmd = "^+q"

Thanks!

I have the EXACT same setup. I am curious how to change this as well. To be more specific about the use case. On my harmony remote, I have "x" mapped to the stop key. I'd love to hit stop on the remote and close the chrome browser window (i.e. send the alt+f4 to the chrome window). Same goes for "P" for Play, etc... which are the other keypresses I have mapped to my harmony remote.

Hi,
please reset the script and use my newest version. I added q and escape to close, p to pause/play.
If some mappings are still missing please post then I'll add them to configuration.
FYI: in play.py in Function onAction().. is the mapping. But however, comment missing, so all can benefit.

Merry X-Mas!
Trying to find a working Netflix addon with either one that works. I am concentrating on NetfliXBMC and finally got a log. Here is a portion:
15:35:29 T:6988 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
15:35:29 T:8452 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
15:35:30 T:6988 INFO: Python script stopped
15:35:30 T:6988 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6988 terminating
15:35:30 T:8452 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
15:35:30 T:10344 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
15:35:30 T:8452 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
15:35:30 T:8452 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
15:35:30 T:8452 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video)
15:35:30 T:8452 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/]
15:35:30 T:11472 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Can anyone make any sense of it? I hope I got enough info but if not you can tell me what I am missing. Oh I guess I should tell you the problem I am having. I start NetflixBMC and immediately get an error announced saying look at the log. In the mean time I have a dialogue box saying "Talking to Netflix...Starting Login." Progress always gets stuck at 25% and I must force Kodi closed.
(2015-12-24, 13:54)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 09:15)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 22:30)logi85 Wrote: Yes you can use another browser. I just uploaded a new version.
There are 4 relevant files:

windows:
resources/launchBrowser.cmd
resources/sendKey.vbs

linux:
resources/launchBrowser.sh
resources/findChromeWindow.sh

In the launchBrowser-File, you have to modify the browser started with its parameters.
In the other file, you have to modify the Window Name of Your Browser (In Title), so remote-control works.

Setting the netflix-cookie however is not easy to implement for all available browsers, so the best solution would be to login with your favourite browser and cache the login.
Then, it should work with any browser.
Same problem here. I checked LaunchBrowser.cmd everything is correct regarding my paths. I even double clicked LaunchBrowser.cmd and it loads up Chrome just fine in fullscreen. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and Jarvis Beta 4. Here is my log if it'll help?

Hi, what is exactly the problem? Please check that the script will not terminate until your browser is closed. (so there is a command-line, which closes if you close your browser)

When I click on something to watch it shows that it's sending data etc to Netflix or whatever but then doesn't open my browser (Chrome) I use Chrome x64 is this makes a difference? I checked the paths though in the bat and it matches mine. My log is posted in the quote if you missed it.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Hi, the path should be another path. You can try to double click the launch browser.cmd script.if your browser will not come up, the path would be wrong.
(2015-12-24, 13:52)logi85 Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 06:37)sirhcjw Wrote: Hello I am running kodibuntu and I have two strange things happening.

If I go to my list and select a tv show I get this error in the log

14:31:45 T:2830101312 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/addon.py", line 36, in <module>
list.seasons(name, url, thumb)
File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix-master/resources/list.py", line 399, in seasons
content = json.loads(content)['video']['seasons']
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864
14:31:45 T:2993448768 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflix/?mode=list_seasons&name=Royal%20Pains&thumb=%2fhome%2fkodi%2f.kodi%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.video.netflix%2fcache%2fcover%2f70143864.jpg&url=70143864) failed
14:31:45 T:2830101312 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

If i select continue watching from the context menu it is fine it plays the next episode.

Other issue is no remote.

I have brought over the code from chrome launcher plugin

netflix.lirc file and put the following in launchBrowser.sh

url=$1
#start my changes
# lets find out if irxevent actually exist before we try to call them.
command -v irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
IRXEVENT=$?

if [ $IRXEVENT -eq 0 ]; then
killall irxevent >/dev/null 2>&1
fi

# http://stackoverflow.com/questions/59895...-stored-in
#DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
#echo "Director: $DIR"
if [ $IRXEVENT -eq 0 ]; then
irxevent -d netflix.lirc &
else
echo "irxevent is not installed, can't do remote control"
fi

/usr/bin/blackbox &
# end my changes
# notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url" &

That has got me up and running but the stop button does not work and back takes me back to kodi and then relaunches the plugin and starts playing again.

Should my remote work without my hacks ??

Cheers

Chris

Hello,
please clear cache from addon-settings and try again, perhaps there is something wrong inside.
Remote: If your remote works under kodi, you don't have to use this script, cause my addon will catch input from kodi and control the browser.
So it would be the better way to integrate your remote to kodi.
In your script, the launching of chrome has to be a blocking call. That means, the commandline without "&" (which spawns a new process and continue the script). It has to be a blocking call cause in this way kodi knows when playback ends. If it is no blocking call, kodi thinks after launching the playback ended.

Ok so I have sorted out the remote mostly now.

It works without irxevent but the stop button still does nothing.

The back button kills chrome but i just need a little bit more tweaking in thr launch script to kill the window manager as well i will post it once i have it working.

My other issue of browsing persists after a clear of cache any other suggestions please?
Please have a look on https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix/issues/3 and give me the same informations. Could be a locale problem. Will have a look on it after Christmas.
BTW.: what should the stop button do? Close chrome?
I have the back button killing the window manager now and dropping back to kodi but the script just runs again continues playing?
(2015-12-26, 01:17)logi85 Wrote: Please have a look on https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix/issues/3 and give me the same informations. Could be a locale problem. Will have a look on it after Christmas.
BTW.: what should the stop button do? Close chrome?

Thanks.

I was expecting stop button to exit and drop back to the screen you started playback from.

Otherwise how would you exit playback and return to kodi?
Currently the back Button or escape or x
Hi logi85, thanks for development on this add-on.

A friend and I both run OE but have managed to get your add-on working by modifying the code to point to a remote control script file to launch Chromium (as you know, OE doesn't support a Chrome installation).

Any chance you could implement a feature into the add-on to call a script instead of relying on a copy of Chrome to be installed? Would make a lot of OE owners happy. Smile

We basically follow this instruction but install your (modified) add-on instead of the one suggested.
logi85:

Thank you so much for this!

I now have this addon working with Windows 7 - 32 bit and Firefox (latest version now supported by Netflix with HTML 5 direct playback) and it looks very good. I prefer Firefox over Chrome as the Netflix playback appears to be smother. I use a number of addons in Firefox to achieve an almost seamless full screen effect when Firefox starts the Netflix playback.

One small bug if you could please please fix.

To play a Netflix file the addon makes a call out to launchBrowser.cmd located in the Users folder - in my case to: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix-master\resources\launchBrowser.cmd

The problem is that this call out will fail if the users folder name has a space in it such as: C:\Users\Michael Smith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix-master\resources\launchBrowser.cmd

Could you please modify your code to put quotes around the call out - this will correct for anyone who has a space in their user name.

I had a hell of a time figuring this out as all my HTPC - KODI systems are setup with C:\Users\Michael Smith\... and everything was failing with a DOS box flashing on the screen -- even though manually clicking on the launchBrowser.cmd file was working. I was able to capture the flashing screen DOS box using Snagit and observed that it was failing because of the space in the user name. I created a new user profile on a test system with a single user name "Michael" and everything started working - but to change this on all my HTPC systems is a real pain - and I suspect that a lot of other people will also have a problem with this if their user name has any spaces.

Thanks in advance.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217