• 176(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
where are the sources. this OE versions mean nothing to a Kodi dev like me
sorry, my fault: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...b202620791
(2015-12-24, 15:53)the-dreamer Wrote: feels like a k.o. for kodi & TV.

why? what is the advantage of passing through AC3 via HDMI (your log shows that you use HDMI)
(2015-12-24, 16:20)FernetMenta Wrote: where are the sources. this OE versions mean nothing to a Kodi dev like me

It's your master tip packaged as a tar.gz the hash is first 6 letters of your latest commit.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-24, 11:25)fritsch Wrote: @jjslegacy: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/ <- here, check the two mkv files (w3fdif still uploading) and see if they work.

Thanks Fritsch - I will test out today.

I tried to use ffmpeg with -vf yadif=1,format=yuv420p
The resulting file was about 7x smaller so not sure this is ideal. I was hoping to maintain as close as poissble an exact replica of the bluray rip.
(2015-12-24, 17:07)jjslegacy Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 11:25)fritsch Wrote: @jjslegacy: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/ <- here, check the two mkv files (w3fdif still uploading) and see if they work.

The resulting file was about 7x smaller so not sure this is ideal. I was hoping to maintain as close as poissble an exact replica of the bluray rip.
Easily possible. I used crf 22 x264 for testing + yadif and for testing w3fdif.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-12-24, 16:56)FernetMenta Wrote:

why? what is the advantage of passing through AC3 via HDMI (your log shows that you use HDMI)

processing of DD in AVR. Only to mention Midnight Movie features...
(2015-12-24, 17:09)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:07)jjslegacy Wrote:

The resulting file was about 7x smaller so not sure this is ideal. I was hoping to maintain as close as possible an exact replica of the bluray rip.

I sadly don't speak ffmpeg and all of its options - what would be an example command of converting while maintaining the best quality I can? I don't care how long it runs for the most part

Thanks!
(2015-12-24, 17:18)jjslegacy Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:09)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:07)jjslegacy Wrote: Thanks Fritsch - I will test out today.

The resulting file was about 7x smaller so not sure this is ideal. I was hoping to maintain as close as possible an exact replica of the bluray rip.

I sadly don't speak ffmpeg and all of its options - what would be an example command of converting while maintaining the best quality I can? I don't care how long it runs for the most part

Thanks!
Check thevquality first, please.
(2015-12-24, 17:11)the-dreamer Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 16:56)FernetMenta Wrote:

Enable AC3 encoding and you'll get AC3 to you AVR but AE is still able to fine adjust speed.
I'm seeing some problems with skipping video. After two or three times playback is frame by frame and OSD is also not responding.
Will get log later today if needed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-12-24, 17:19)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:18)jjslegacy Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:09)fritsch Wrote: Easily possible. I used crf 22 x264 for testing + yadif and for testing w3fdif.

Thanks!
Check thevquality first, please.

Both played fine in the theater - hard to tell exactly since it's not easy to A/B between them but if I was guessing I would say the w3fdif looks a bit better.. Doesn't quite look as good as the original though with the backgrounds around 22seconds having more detail etc

Going to try something like this - -vf yadif=1 -c:v libx264 -crf 15 -c:a copy

overkill I am sure but we will see
(2015-12-24, 18:02)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 17:11)the-dreamer Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 16:56)FernetMenta Wrote: why? what is the advantage of passing through AC3 via HDMI (your log shows that you use HDMI)

Enable AC3 encoding and you'll get AC3 to you AVR but AE is still able to fine adjust speed.

as i said before. generally it works and it had also worked on kodi 15.2. i wanted to report this issue to help.

I don't think that audio decoding and then reencoding to ac3 is an option. quality loss might be hearable but for sure cpu usage will be higher and is not usable on lower power cpu.

I can imagine if that will be going into kodi 17 final there will be much more people which will be bothered by no passthrough audio during TV. For trash TV it will be no problem. But if you are on Cinema Channels like sky has then you want DD without transcoding.

As i asked before: is disabling passthrough only temporary?

Why it worked most of the time after this commit: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...a1f6d23439 Why i see a/v sync time goes up and the player let the audio async up to 7 secs? Why it is suddenly no problem when i rezapp or change the audio channel and then back to ac3 channel.
passthrough with realtime streams did never work correctly and was never designed to be working. it just was there by chance and now its gone until someone submits a proper solution for review.

If you want to watch some hight quality movie you can use PCM. If quality is important for you, the sound manipulating featured like dynamic range compression of your AVR should be no option either.

Quote:As i asked before: is disabling passthrough only temporary?

If someone wants to submit some code for review, be my guest. I don't work on it because because compared to a lot of other things on my todo list this is low low priority.
(2015-12-24, 14:46)fritsch Wrote: @Milhouse: All your passthrough stuff is fixed and (still) working? Any reports from the other thread with sync problems?
The last build I published (and personaly extensively tested) is #1220, and this had no obvious passthrough issues although I'm not using any live tv/pvr functionality so can't speak for that. I don't recall anyone reporting sync issues with #1220 (two reports of seek issues, but not sync).

I'm currently away from my gear so not in a position to test more recent changes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18