• 125(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
@ArieS, MKV chapter support is one of several requests already made to HiMedia directly. In fact, it has been a while since they've provided an update, so will check with my contact there. But, yes, if you stop an ISO or any video at whatever point, next time you will get a pop-up asking if you want to resume from that point or from start. The point of using the external player for videos other than 3D is HD audio and 23.976. Not sure if internal Kodi player supports either on this box.

@Skank, probably worth a try to install the experimental Kodi Android build you're referring to w/o wrapper on Q5 and see what the results are, at least for HD audio.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-24, 16:43)jmalcolm001 Wrote: [size=small]DUNE just announced their new Dune HD Solo 4K...

Same Sigma chip as http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/08/24/p...wdfunding/

Dual-core, HDMI 1.4b, no mention of VP9... Seems veeerrry expensive for what it is...
(2015-12-24, 16:43)jmalcolm001 Wrote: [size=small]DUNE just announced their new Dune HD Solo 4K, ....

Well it's Sigma which for me means no Blu-ray 3D subs unless dune figures something out. Will have to see and wait. 299 euro's is a lot indeed.

For the ones interested in the 3D subs soap see:
VTEN SIGMA SMP8757
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Threw a bunch of Koying / Zidoo 3D MVC code at OpenELEC 6.0.0 / Kodi 15.2 for the WeTek Core to see what pops out.
No 3D TV here to test with tho, which is a bit of a problem.
I'm really not expecting much.

SD card .img file HERE
.tar file HERE

Great... going to try it out in a bit and report back. Taking a few days break from the connected world from tomorrow... Happy Holidays everyone! Smile
My HT
Too bad i don't have the WeTek Core.........Blush

Its been a long year searching for the perfect All in one Kodi.
Hope 2016 will be the year!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@wrxtasy, here are the results w/your new OpenELEC build w/MVC; not an extensive test:
  • 3D MVC MKV's and ISO's play, but w/o picture. Sound starts to break apart, and stop after a few seconds
  • 3D ISO has the 'Play in 3D mode' option as in Zidoo X6 and early Pi builds that took advantage of their GitHub code
  • DD5.1 plays fine; channel mapping is correct
  • TrueHD5.1 and 7.1 play in 2.0
  • DTS5.1, MA5.1 and MA7.1 all play in standard DTS, but I get sound out of all 7 speakers and LFE correctly
  • LPCM 5.1 and 7.1 play in 2.0
Could not connect with network as with other WeTek OpenELEC builds I've tried on WeTek's forum, so had to test via attached USB drive.
My HT
Yes Happy Holidays Ho Ho Ho !

Thanks for testing hdmkv, experimental it was after all. I could play 3D test ISO's in 2D mode just fine when I tested, with only PCM 2.0. The Network connectivity issues are due to MAC address spoofing in OE only I've found, causing lots of router confusion with the Hardcoded MAC addresses in retail versions of the Core. Codesnake may have forgotten to take this spoofing out of the OpenELEC bootloader from the Core test box days. Hmmm.

I'm becoming increasingly disappointed in MINIX and their association with VidON, yes I know I go on about it a bit. But sharing GPL2 licensed, modified 3D Kodi source code would benefit the entire AMLogic Kodi community.
I mean C'mon - Zidoo did this without even being asked and those guys are not even a Kodi forum Sponsor. Their work helped 3D on the RPi2. I've even seen Zidoo's bug fixes, mainlined into the ffmpeg package we all use.

Maybe I have just not found what I'm looking for yet, I'm going to ask MINIX directly very soon. That conversation should prove interesting to say the least. Wink

(2015-12-15, 16:12)movie78 Wrote: So the S905 is not capable of Full Frame packing (2205X1920), wasn't the Minix S812H with VidOn XBMC capable of displaying FULL FramePacking?

S905 do have some issue on BD 3D playback, that's the problem of the chipset, we and Zidoo are waiting for their developers to finish the development.
(2015-12-24, 18:05)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 16:43)jmalcolm001 Wrote: [size=small]DUNE just announced their new Dune HD Solo 4K...

Dual-core, HDMI 1.4b, no mention of VP9... Seems veeerrry expensive for what it is...

Thosewont have kodi right.. Sad ill pass then.
Hdmkv are you going to test that experimental build?
He already has Skank, results in Post #1867

I've just finished compiling OE 3D MVC Experimental v2:
its Over to the WeTek forums for that - HERE

(2015-12-25, 10:45)Skank Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 18:05)Koying Wrote:

Thosewont have kodi right.. Sad ill pass then.
Hdmkv are you going to test that experimental build?

Why wouldn't you be able to run Kodi, as it can boot into Android?
(2015-12-25, 12:33)wrxtasy Wrote: He already has Skank, results in Post #1867

I've just finished compiling OE 3D MVC Experimental v2:
its Over to the WeTek forums for that - HERE

I didnt mean the experimental 3d mvc build
I meant the experimental hd audio build for android for q5
(2015-12-11, 16:49)Skank Wrote: Roger got it Smile
Meanwhile enjoying my 2 himedia products

About your atmos and dts x setup upgrading plans
Im going to go atmos too... i would seriously consider going 7.1.4 instead of 7.1.2.. makes a huge difference !!
For me , im going 7.1.4 with focals...

Hey, I am currently in the works of changing out to a 7.2.4. I would like to offer a suggestion if your not offended by it. I am an insane Focal fanboy, however, because you are going to a audiophile grade home theater, Focal is not what you should be using...keep them for music. May I suggest you look into something like these: XTZ Cinema and depending on your budget Ken Kreisel Sound Quattro. These kind of speakers are designed specifically for reproducing studio master tracks. With something like Focal, they are made to give you superb stereo imaging, but where the imaging places the audio may not fall into the 3D placement of Atmos or DTS:X, thus you are having to rely heavily on your DSP (and yes Yamaha makes one of the better DSP for Cinema out there) to correct the stereo imaging of the Focal's. The 2nd downfall of using Hi-Fi speakers is that they are very far away from being tonally neutral, which studios master their audio in, thus you will end up with mixed audio performance. Some tracks will appear muddled in the Center channel (which is usually the speaker that takes the biggest hit with both warm or bright speakers). Being warm or bright always has an effect on music that makes things "come alive" depending on your preference of which you prefer, but it destroys cinema imaging. It may sound great in a demo, better than anything else you have heard, but if you go pure home theater, the difference in the 3D imaging, and the ability to handle extreme dynamic changes (explosions with bullets and a storm...to birds chirping near a gentle stream) will blow your mind away. Bonus advantage, their footprint is so good that you will still have placement room (if you wall mount the cinema speakers) to have a beautiful set of ___ music/Hi-Fi speakers. With speakers like what I posted, there is no other way to get genuine Atmos or DTS:X. Now as a disclaimer, I have never heard the XTZ speakers, but they are suppose to be close enough to the Kreisel's that the $$$ difference may make the XTZ a better buy and save you some $$$ for some Focal towers for your music needs.
Hi, What's the best of these devices to run Kodi with full privileges, most importantly, the device is not heated during operating and commentary !
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17