Release Transparency!
Transparency! - A Fanart Skin

watch gallery

Download:
Transparency! is available through the kodi.tv addon repo:
Settings > Add-ons > Install from repository > Look and feel > Skin > Transparency!

New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).

Questions / Problems:
- First thing to do is read the FAQ
- If that leaves your question unanswered, please post it in a new thread.
(please include xbmc version and the plaform you're using. a screenshot and a Debug Log can be very helpful too!)

Credits:
Thanx to all the translators and bug testers!
Special thanx to everyone submitting feature suggestions!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for always keeping this awesome skin up to date Smile
(2015-12-27, 08:32)Frozin Wrote: Thanks for always keeping this awesome skin up to date Smile

+1 I fully agree. We can always count on this beauty to be updated to the latest even before we ask for it.

Thanks for the great work Ronie
Like the new 'fresh look' but one of the changes I'm not so fancy about is the larger home screen buttons and font, with all three custom buttons up, I end up with a menu scroll. Or have I just overlooked something?

Great stuff, at tireless effort.

Kodi 16rc2 Transparency! v 10.0
(2016-01-31, 00:06)PatK Wrote: Like the new 'fresh look' but one of the changes I'm not so fancy about is the larger home screen buttons and font, with all three custom buttons up, I end up with a menu scroll. Or have I just overlooked something?

Great stuff, at tireless effort.

Kodi 16rc2 Transparency! v 10.0

Edit "C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p\Includes_Home.xml"
Search for <include name="VerticalMenu"> and from that point on, change every mention of the number 58 to the number 48. Once you get to the section called <include name="HorizontalMenu"> you are finished. All the menus will now fit on the screen without scrolling.
Hi Ronie,

(2016-03-02, 14:49)ronie Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 14:48)DarkHelmet Wrote: Ronie, this is a tough contender for your transparency skin that I've been using for years.

Estuary is a giant piece of crap.

thanks for clarifying the obvious for everyone out in the open.

If I remember correctly T! was based on confluence in parts. Will you take parts of Estuary for Transparency?
it started out as a mod of PM3.HD actually, the default skin before Confluence.
if there's any part of Estuary you feel should be added to T!, let me know and i'll have a look.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah right. It was even PM3.HD. Man, long time ago.

I'll check Estuary out at some point and see if anything might fit for T!.
(2016-02-27, 17:13)Antlers Wrote: Edit "C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p\Includes_Home.xml" Search for <include name="VerticalMenu"> and from that point on, change every mention of the number 58 to the number 48. Once you get to the section called <include name="HorizontalMenu"> you are finished. All the menus will now fit on the screen without scrolling.
Appreciate the effort, all is viable on screen now. had a back-up called skin.transparency.old and the system took from that, talk about confusing, I should have known better (this has been an issue in the past) all is well now. Lesson hopefully learned 'just because you've renamed it slightly doesn't mean it's out of the loop.
Hi Ronie, I'll try writing here because I don't seem to have much luck in starting a discussion elsewhere.

With all the magnificent developments on smart playlists, videonodes, etc. I beg you to add support for http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortcuts to Transparency!. We still are not able to customize the main menu entries, as an example. Not without modifying XML files, which is against what you explicitly state as the skin's objective.

The current fixed structure of the menu was perfect years ago, when the customization reachable through Kodi wasn't so damn enticing. Now... it's really a shame not being able to make Transparency! work for us as Kodi allows.

And the sad thing is this is the only limit I'm facing... I've been trying skin upon skin and always come back preferring Transparency! but menu customization is not enough... Sad

Thanks for your time and efforts.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
perhaps one day, but currently no plans in that direction.
(2016-04-01, 10:23)ronie Wrote: perhaps one day, but currently no plans in that direction.
Thanks for your reply ronie. I switched to Aeon MQ, even though it doesn't use Skin Shortcuts it allows full menu customization, which is something I could not do without anymore.
I wish to thank you for all these years during which I've used your skin. It became, for all of my family, Kodi/XBMC itself. So much so that when I was trying other skins everybody was complaining "what is this?"... Smile

Thanks, really.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
you're welcome :-)
Hi Ronie,

I posted this in the Transparency for Isengard a month ago, but I think, you are too busy here to look to the old threads.
But my request is also valid for Jarvis:

I wonder, if there was a possibility to show the "play, pause, stop" icons automatically, while playing music with Kodi and Transparency.
I use a touch-screen and when, for example, anyone call me on the phone while I'm listening to music, it last too long until I can pause the song: tap on the arrow-icon on the left top of the Kodi-window and then tap on the pause-icon in the new window.
This will be faster, if the control-icons appear in the title and timeline section on left bottom.
Is there an adjustement in any of the Transperency files to achieve this?
If not, can you add this in future versions of Transperency? It will be great!

Greetings

Holgip

Edit: I made a picture to show you a suggestion of what I mean:

Another problem I discovered: I watch the CD-List always in "List"-Mode. In Transparency 8.8 I can globally switch to List-Mode, in version 9.1.2 I can't. The list always is displayed in "Fanart"-Mode, so I have to switch every CD to List-Mode.
I compared the options of the two versions and find, that in ver.9.1.2 the option View options/List-Music use Artist-Album order for Albums is missing. Is that the reason, why I can't switch to List-Mode globally?
sorry, no plans to add a full set of player controls to the touch-screen controls.

(2016-04-25, 12:59)holgip Wrote: Another problem I discovered: I watch the CD-List always in "List"-Mode. In Transparency 8.8 I can globally switch to List-Mode, in version 10 I can't. The list always is displayed in "Fanart"-Mode, so I have to switch every CD to List-Mode.

view mode selection is controlled (and remembered) by kodi itself, not the skin.
i'm not aware of any changes in kodi in this regard.

what if you navigate all the way up to the root of the music library, and select list mode there?
i think it should use that setting for all underlying folders then...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency!0