• 3(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
Hi Stumpedify.

Thanks a lot for the detailed description - it helps a lot. And great with the screenshots.

(2015-12-21, 12:00)Stumpedify Wrote: Now there are two other issues I'm having.

The first is music fanart doesn't seem to work properly for me. I'm not sure if it's handled differently to videos or not, but I can only get the fanart to work through Artist Slideshow while playing that particular artist. I'm not sure CDArt Manager is downloading anything at all. It says CDArts: 0 in the bottom right, but there is art saved in the artist music folders.

Your settings for fanart are correct.

It looks like you have no fanart scraped for your artists (and almost no other info as well?)

Try entering the artists node and select artist information. Select Choose Art (can't remember the correct term, as I'm currently at another computer) and fanart and let me know what you see. If no fanart image is available, that's your problem.
Universal Artist Scraper is the scraper used for scraping artist fanart.
You can also try checking in View Options if fanart backgrounds are disabled.

Also, try checking which version of script.skin.helper.service you have installed. The required minimum version for Rapier is 1.0.11
You can go to Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons to check the version installed.

(2015-12-21, 12:00)Stumpedify Wrote: And quickly my second, more minor issue, of which I'm not sure if you're the one to ask for help about...

Extendedinfo doesn't seem to be downloading banners, is that normal? I wanted to be a bit fancy and create some custom menu setup to explore the information it holds, so I created a page for on air TV shows, but in thumbs info view, it only seems to display the banners of shows I have in my library, the rest are blank. It downloads the fanart and thumbs for the other shows though, just not the banners.

EDIT: About the extended info banner issue, I actually have no idea. Is it the same with the other views?

It's most likely not a skin issue, but I'll check later tonight at my regular PC.
Ok, it's working now. Thanks.

I went into the artist information and yeah, when I clicked on get thumbs/fanart there wasn't any to chose from, but it allowed me to set it manually, so I did that. But also while in the artists node chose to query info for all artists and now the information is showing up as well and it found the art for the other artists while it was at it. Who knows why the universal scraper didn't find that the first time around...

The strange thing is, I'd tried the query info option many, many times, yet this time it decided to work...

So the information is there, and the art is working now too. Not sure why it's working now though, when I hadn't tried anything new... oh well.
(2015-12-21, 12:53)Stumpedify Wrote: Ok, it's working now. Thanks.

I went into the artist information and yeah, when I clicked on get thumbs/fanart there wasn't any to chose from, but it allowed me to set it manually, so I did that. But also while in the artists node chose to query info for all artists and now the information is showing up as well and it found the art for the other artists while it was at it. Who knows why the universal scraper didn't find that the first time around...

The strange thing is, I'd tried the query info option many, many times, yet this time it decided to work...

So the information is there, and the art is working now too. Not sure why it's working now though, when I hadn't tried anything new... oh well.

Great that you got everything working.

You can go to System > Settings > Music > Library > ENABLE Fetch additional information during updates.

Then Kodi will always query additional artist and album information when it updates the library. You can still also do it manually though.
(2015-12-21, 12:16)Gade Wrote: EDIT: About the extended info banner issue, I actually have no idea. Is it the same with the other views?

It's most likely not a skin issue, but I'll check later tonight at my regular PC.

This is what I get in banner view:

It's using the wrong images for the banners there I think.
Regarding the extendedinfo banner issue, I just checked, and it's exactly the same for me.

So I guess extendedinfo doesn't download banners the same way as posters and fanart.

I'll check with the Rapier code for banners if I can change anything.
(2015-12-21, 13:02)Stumpedify Wrote: This is what I get in banner view:

It's using the wrong images for the banners there I think.

Yeah, Rapier defaults missing banner images to thumbs (which in this case are posters). So the stretched images are missing banner images.
Anybody interested in fanart backgrounds (movies, music, videos, tv shows - random, recent, in progress, unwatched) being available for custom categories?

Adding this, will break ALL current backgrounds for custom categories.
Just installed Rapier to have a look, and it's very nice - there are a few things I think would make this perfect for me (and may already be there, and i've missed them in the vast options the skin has Smile)

Is it possible to disable the Power,Favourite and Option buttons in the top bar on all windows? (eg. load the LiveTV view, press backspace - it's the first 3 buttons on that menu I'm talking about.)
I tried out Kiosk mode hoping that would do the trick but it only disable the options button IIRC.

Is it possible to view the home widgets (movies, tvshows etc) as posters rather than just text?

And lastly, the weather widget location seems off compared to the other home widgets - assuming most people will always have at least 'recently added' turned on (for movies/tv) if they use widgets at all, then I think it may be sensible to standardise the weather widget location to the same as those so that it looks consistent?

Anyway, just my thoughts.. great work on the skin, and merry xmas / new year!
(2015-12-27, 15:59)Swifty Wrote: Just installed Rapier to have a look, and it's very nice - there are a few things I think would make this perfect for me (and may already be there, and i've missed them in the vast options the skin has Smile)

Is it possible to disable the Power,Favourite and Option buttons in the top bar on all windows? (eg. load the LiveTV view, press backspace - it's the first 3 buttons on that menu I'm talking about.)
I tried out Kiosk mode hoping that would do the trick but it only disable the options button IIRC.

Hi Swifty.

Thanks for the kind words and all the ideas.

Currently it's not possible to disable those buttons. And you probably also need the Extra Options button for the extra buttons and functions in the menubar.

If you're up for it, you can edit the xml's yourself to disable the buttons.

(2015-12-27, 15:59)Swifty Wrote: Is it possible to view the home widgets (movies, tvshows etc) as posters rather than just text?

Currently no, but it's a good idea.

I'll consider it and see if it fits with the skin design and maybe at some point make it a skin option.

(2015-12-27, 15:59)Swifty Wrote: And lastly, the weather widget location seems off compared to the other home widgets - assuming most people will always have at least 'recently added' turned on (for movies/tv) if they use widgets at all, then I think it may be sensible to standardise the weather widget location to the same as those so that it looks consistent?

That's a very good point.

I've changed that and redesigned the weather widget at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other skin related questions.

Merry xmas and new years to you too Smile

Cheers
Gade
Thanks Gade - new weather widget looks great Smile

I'll have a look at the other two things today and submit a PR if I can get them working nicely, in-case you'd like to include them in the proper releases.
Thanks.

Sounds great. Smile
I love this skin!.

Just installed it on my Xtreamer Wonder and it runs great.
Only 2 issues I have is

1:
I want to export the skin settings, but it wants me to put the skin on drive C:? Big Grin the xtreamer is running android.
So it would be awesome if I could select SMB or something and export it to a network drive.

2:
Is it possible to change what the menu items is called?
I see that you are from Denmark, so am I.
I want the Weather item to be called Vejr :p but it's still just called Weather even though the kodi language is set to Danish.
So, is it possible for me to change it somewhere? or is it a job for you? Smile

Happy new year! and thanks for this great skin
(2016-01-03, 02:14)mLgz0rn Wrote: I love this skin!.

Just installed it on my Xtreamer Wonder and it runs great.
Only 2 issues I have is

1:
I want to export the skin settings, but it wants me to put the skin on drive C:? Big Grin the xtreamer is running android.
So it would be awesome if I could select SMB or something and export it to a network drive.

Hi mLgzOrn.

Thanks for the kind words, and nice to hear from another dane. I thought I was the only one from Denmark using this skin Smile

Go to File Manager (General > File Manager) to add the sources you need, and the drives you don't see in the export skin settings dialog.

(2016-01-03, 02:14)mLgz0rn Wrote: 2:
Is it possible to change what the menu items is called?
I see that you are from Denmark, so am I.
I want the Weather item to be called Vejr :p but it's still just called Weather even though the kodi language is set to Danish.
So, is it possible for me to change it somewhere? or is it a job for you? Smile

Happy new year! and thanks for this great skin

I actually recently added additional home screen category images for a lot of countries, uncluding Denmark.
https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/tree/ma...ies/danish

It will be available both in the next development and in the next official update.

I do the danish translations of the skin myself, so please let me know if there's anything you don't agree with Smile

Happy new year!
Gade
(2015-12-24, 01:04)Gade Wrote: Anybody interested in fanart backgrounds (movies, music, videos, tv shows - random, recent, in progress, unwatched) being available for custom categories?

+1 for this

right now i have to manually have seperate folders of fanart regarding each catergory
adding this feature would save me trouble in the future! Smile
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2016-01-05, 03:01)Furby8704 Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 01:04)Gade Wrote: Anybody interested in fanart backgrounds (movies, music, videos, tv shows - random, recent, in progress, unwatched) being available for custom categories?

+1 for this

right now i have to manually have seperate folders of fanart regarding each catergory
adding this feature would save me trouble in the future! Smile

Sounds great!

I remember others asking for this as well, so it's already added and will be available in the next development/official update.

Just be aware that you have to change to this new setting for each custom category after the update. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2