• 49(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2015-10-16, 14:12)BigGav77 Wrote: In follow up to my post here is the image i get

Any Ideas ?

Other than that fab add-on. Dont know what id do without it Smile[/php]

The only way around this issue was to not have it return to Lazy TV when a show ends.
Hi, I like your addon, thanks for that! Good to know that I'm not alone

But the notification at startup analysis bothers me. Is there a way to turn this off (except turning the analysis at startup off)?
It would be nice if your script could be startet with parameters (eg 'analyse the tv shows'), so I could turn the analysis at startup off and trigger this manually via API (is this already built in)?

btw: merry xmas!

edit: just took a look at your code, and commented the notification out.
If it doesn't mind I would create a (my first) pull request on github with a setting to 'disable notification at startup'. And I noticed a few missing german translations, could update them as well
Fantastic addon, Did not know what I was missing until I tried it.

I have noticed one annoying thing though, when used in conjunction with Trakt.tv addon set to popup with the ratings windows, if I also have LazyTV set to return to lazytv after playback, the ratings popup ends up behind the lazytv screen (big or posters) and I have to exit lazytv to rate the show.

That is quite annoying so I have had to disable return to LazyTV after playback for now and restart it after each show.
(2015-12-25, 16:30)SLiX Wrote: But the notification at startup analysis bothers me. Is there a way to turn this off (except turning the analysis at startup off)?
It would be nice if your script could be startet with parameters (eg 'analyse the tv shows'), so I could turn the analysis at startup off and trigger this manually via API (is this already built in)?

On the first page of the Settings there is an option title 'Announce Database Analysis on Start-Up'. Turn that off and the notification will no longer appear.
(2015-12-26, 02:04)BrettS Wrote: Fantastic addon, Did not know what I was missing until I tried it.

I have noticed one annoying thing though, when used in conjunction with Trakt.tv addon set to popup with the ratings windows, if I also have LazyTV set to return to lazytv after playback, the ratings popup ends up behind the lazytv screen (big or posters) and I have to exit lazytv to rate the show.

That is quite annoying so I have had to disable return to LazyTV after playback for now and restart it after each show.

Yep, there isn't a good way to orderly present windows from multiple different addons.
(2015-12-27, 01:10)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 02:04)BrettS Wrote: Fantastic addon, Did not know what I was missing until I tried it.

Yep, there isn't a good way to orderly present windows from multiple different addons.

Ok, thank you for the fast response! Still an an amazing addon and I am now using it daily!
(2015-12-27, 01:42)BrettS Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 01:10)Karnagious Wrote:

Ok, thank you for the fast response! Still an an amazing addon and I am now using it daily!

Actually, try replacing the default.py file in the LazyTV addon folder with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rps1la4557n4h...lt.py?dl=0

It waits 2 seconds for the TrakTV window to open, then stays in a loop until that window is closed. Only then opening the LazyTV window.
(2015-12-27, 02:14)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 01:42)BrettS Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 01:10)Karnagious Wrote: Yep, there isn't a good way to orderly present windows from multiple different addons.

Actually, try replacing the default.py file in the LazyTV addon folder with this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rps1la4557n4h...lt.py?dl=0

It waits 2 seconds for the TrakTV window to open, then stays in a loop until that window is closed. Only then opening the LazyTV window.

Hi,

I tried this and it didn't work. The LazyTV Window still opens over the Trakt window.

I edited the script so it waits 10 seconds instead of 2 seconds, which gives me time to rate the show, but it definitely still opens over the top. Is it possible that my skin changes the trakt window name or such? I am using titan which does seem to skin the trakt window to match the colours to the skin.

Thank you!
(2015-12-28, 03:54)BrettS Wrote: Is it possible that my skin changes the trakt window name or such? I am using titan which does seem to skin the trakt window to match the colours to the skin.

The skin would simply use the addon xml name.

Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rps1la4557n4h...lt.py?dl=0

It looks for 'trakt' in the window name. That should cover all the xml names that are used. It also logs the window name, so we can see what xml name is being used.
(2015-12-28, 04:49)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 03:54)BrettS Wrote: Is it possible that my skin changes the trakt window name or such? I am using titan which does seem to skin the trakt window to match the colours to the skin.

It looks for 'trakt' in the window name. That should cover all the xml names that are used. It also logs the window name, so we can see what xml name is being used.

I just tried it and it worked beautifully. Thank you very much.

Your support for your addon is amazing.

I have only used it once so far I will let you know if there are any issues.
(2015-12-27, 01:09)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-12-25, 16:30)SLiX Wrote: But the notification at startup analysis bothers me. Is there a way to turn this off (except turning the analysis at startup off)?

On the first page of the Settings there is an option title 'Announce Database Analysis on Start-Up'. Turn that off and the notification will no longer appear.

Meanwhile I figured this out, too Big Grin
Thanks for your response!
(2015-01-21, 01:27)Karnagious Wrote: Thanks!

Unfortunately, I cant see anything in the log that would provide a clue.

I dont really know anything about external players, as I have never used them myself. This is the code that plays the playlist

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(xbmc.PlayList(1))

I thought the Player would be whatever player you had set as default, in which case the playback problem would be a general Kodi issue and it might be worthwhile reporting in their bug fix forum.

I am re-doing the whole addon, so I will try to pay special attention to this issue in that new code.

Hey Karnagious,

I saw that you were working on this issue sometime last year. I just wanted to check in and see if you'd made any progress on this. The default player murders the audio when pushing to my home theater system so I need to playback videos over in Daum PotPlayer, but it's kind of a deal breaker if I cant use your extension. Hope to hear back soon. Happy New Year!
(2015-12-28, 06:15)BrettS Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 04:49)Karnagious Wrote:

I just tried it and it worked beautifully. Thank you very much.

Your support for your addon is amazing.

I have only used it once so far I will let you know if there are any issues.

Just a followup that this fix is still working perfectly.

I really do love your addon. I have clones of it for My old Shows and New shows and one for documentary series.

Thank you.
This plugin is the single most useful thing I've installed on Kodi so far! We're "cutting the cord" even further now by cancelling our Hulu subscription and just using our own media for TV episodes.

I've had one problem though- I've got LazyTV's smart playlist feature enabled, but I've noticed that the playlist does not update, so often does not match the list of episodes that you get from just running LazyTV. For example, I added an episode of Narcos to My Kodi library a couple days ago. When running LazyTV, it showed up immediately. Under the playlist though, it's still not there. Any ideas?

I'm on Latest Isengard w/ LazyTV installed from repo
(2016-01-10, 07:23)BrettS Wrote: Just a followup that this fix is still working perfectly.

I really do love your addon. I have clones of it for My old Shows and New shows and one for documentary series.

Thank you.

Thanks! I very much appreciate the positive feed back.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4