Apple TV3 and Kodi
I have an AppleTV version 3, is it possible to install Kodi.
If so, could you please advise what files are required and any reference material to explain the procedure.

kevsim
Negative. Get a different device.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
There's work in progress,you can install a pre-alpha version (with its limits obviously) Smile

EDIT: No,that is for the Apple TV 4,for the 3rd generation nothing to do.
(2015-12-29, 14:47)User272 Wrote: There's work in progress,you can install a pre-alpha version (with its limits obviously) Smile

If you mean this thread by Memphis, that's for the AppleTV 4. The OP was asking about the AppleTV 3, which is different and can't have Kodi (or anything else) installed or side loaded onto it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-12-29, 14:54)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 14:47)User272 Wrote: There's work in progress,you can install a pre-alpha version (with its limits obviously) Smile

If you mean this thread by Memphis, that's for the AppleTV 4. The OP was asking about the AppleTV 3, which is different and can't have Kodi (or anything else) installed or side loaded onto it.
Oh,you're right,sorry Wink
I thank you all for the replies,
Should any of you find something, could you please advise.

There was a Youtube video saying it can be done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfxUnVQ_bg, it uses a programme called MoboMarket.
The video shows opening an APK file, where MOBO for IOS is asking for a 2 different types of files which I can not find.
I did find an APK file, but when selected it opens Mobo for Android, Mobo for android starts searching for a device but can not find.

There was another programme Snow3rd, I tried this but it stops after a few seconds and says plug in the Apple TV, now matter what I do it keeps asking the same thing.
Maybe Apple TV requires Jailbreak first, how is this done?

kevsim
That video is fake. Look at the video ratings and the comments.

As of today, it is absolutely impossible for anyone (except Apple themselves) to install Kodi on an ATV3. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise.
Ned,
Thanks for the info.
kevsim
Is there any way to play Kodi on a TV?

kevsim
I do have Panasonic smart PVR. is there any programmes that work with that?

kevsim
Get a device (wiki) which Kodi supports. That's how you can play it on a TV.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Devices
(2015-12-31, 05:13)keith Wrote: Get a device (wiki) which Kodi supports. That's how you can play it on a TV.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Devices

Looks like Apple TV 4 will need to be added to the devices Wiki.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2015-12-31, 05:50)winestock Wrote: Looks like Apple TV 4 will need to be added to the devices Wiki.

winestock, it will not be until it's officially supported.

As stated in: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254313

the port has a long ways to go to be included in the platform. Might not even be 17.
The devices page has never been a list of officially supported devices. No distinction is made between experimental, good, or bad devices. It's just an index and not a list of recommended hardware.
Just use xcode and sign the kodi IOS app then install it straight through itunes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV3 and Kodi0