• 22(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Dec 29th version
Yamaha RX-A1050
Nvidia Shield TV
DTS - works
DTS-MA - works
Dolby TrueHD - works
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos - works
Dolby Digital - works
Dolby Digital EX - works

Dolby Digital wasn't working, now everything works!!!!

Thank you KODI!!!
What about the V17 for shield? Does this not support Passtrough Atmos and so on?
As we are talking Android, Plex on android is using exoplayer, apparently (http://developer.android.com/guide/topic...layer.html).
I don't quite understand what's delaying Plex, assuming google-made exoplayer works...
(2016-01-01, 12:34)Koying Wrote: As we are talking Android, Plex on android is using exoplayer, apparently (http://developer.android.com/guide/topic...layer.html).
I don't quite understand what's delaying Plex, assuming google-made exoplayer works...

They aren't using ExoPlayer, they're using mpv (or some other) I believe. Quote from Ian:

"Hi, Yes, Nvidia's native MediaPlayer can detect DTS-HD via the audio bitstream, as what's required in order to resolve that issue in ExoPlayer. However, we don't support using that video player, and if we used it, we'd lose the majority of subtitle support that our application has. As well as a number of other unreleased features.
We are talking to both Google and Nvidia about how best to resolve this. Ian"

Although from this quote, it's not clear what video player he is using so who knows!

"Hey, I've spoken to Google and identified the issue. The problem is that for some MKVs, in order to identify DTS vs DTS-HD, the player is required to extract a number of possible "extensions" from the audio bitstream. This is unfortunately not particularly easy to add into Google's ExoPlayer, although it's been acknowledged it will be necessary. This is likely to take some time, so i'm looking into modifying the player to allow our DTS-HD detection that we have in PMS to be used for identification of these audio streams. It may require users to re-analyze their DTS-HD movies if they were scanned a long time ago, but "should" at least allow the Android TV player output DTS-HD when possible. I'll try and find time to look into this properly soon, but i'm sure you appreciate that this time of year becomes pretty crazy/hectic. That makes it impossible for me to commit to any timescales, sorry. Ian"
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Nvidia's native Mediaplayer != Exoplayer, so I understand from both quotes that they indeed use Exoplayer (assuming "as what's required" is actually "as that's required").
But yeah, I understand better. Apparently, they have a demuxer issue rather than a codec one...
I have install now the Full Android Rom and with this Rom nothing work here. No dolby or dts, only Stereo. Is this a problem from the Rom? I go back to Stock Rom for now.
Android 6 Beta for shield is out.
(2016-01-01, 13:18)Schrotty Wrote: Android 6 Beta for shield is out.

Thanks for that. Will give it a test and see if this build works for the rest of you. I will be the guineapig ahah.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-01, 12:44)danjames92 Wrote: [
They aren't using ExoPlayer, they're using mpv (or some other) I believe. Quote from Ian:

They do use Exoplayer (alternative Google Android player) as their Android player.

Quote:Plex for Android

Android Switch Widget Backport - Apache 2.0
ExoPlayer - Apache 2.0
Google Analytics SDK - Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 and/or Apache 2.0
ListView Animations - Apache 2.0
Picasso - Apache 2.0
PhotoView - Apache 2.0
Slide Expandable ListView - Apache 2.0
SlidingMenu - Apache 2.0
Sticky Grid Headers - Apache 2.0
Subtitle Converter - MIT
Two Way Grid View - Apache 2.0
UnifiedPreference - Apache 2.0
ViewPagerIndicator - Apache 2.0

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/article...nformation
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-01-01, 13:19)danjames92 Wrote:

Thanks for that. Will give it a test and see if this build works for the rest of you. I will be the guineapig ahah.

I'd be terrified of losing koying's pass through upgrading to this beta though! After being so happy the last few days it would be a shame to not be able to stream HD audio any more! . Based on the fact that you need to push 20 buttons to even access the download, I think I'll wait till nvidia are a bit more confident! Seems like a great sign for the near future though!
(2016-01-01, 13:34)chocco Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:19)danjames92 Wrote:

I'd be terrified of losing koying's pass through upgrading to this beta though! After being so happy the last few days it would be a shame to not be able to stream HD audio any more! . Based on the fact that you need to push 20 buttons to even access the download, I think I'll wait till nvidia are a bit more confident! Seems like a great sign for the near future though!

I live on the bleeding edge and at least I can warn you if it doesn't work. If the damn button combo worked. Not working for me. Schrotty help!
(2016-01-01, 13:59)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:34)chocco Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:19)danjames92 Wrote: Thanks for that. Will give it a test and see if this build works for the rest of you. I will be the guineapig ahah.

I live on the bleeding edge and at least I can warn you if it doesn't work. If the damn button combo worked. Not working for me. Schrotty help!

Risk takers will rule the world!!!! I wait for your results!!
(2016-01-01, 14:02)chocco Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:59)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:34)chocco Wrote: I'd be terrified of losing koying's pass through upgrading to this beta though! After being so happy the last few days it would be a shame to not be able to stream HD audio any more! . Based on the fact that you need to push 20 buttons to even access the download, I think I'll wait till nvidia are a bit more confident! Seems like a great sign for the near future though!

Risk takers will rule the world!!!! I wait for your results!!

Someone tell me how to download it and I'm game. Maybe it's out in the US. UK here.

Other possibility it's a troll and it's not actually out.
Both Dolby Truehd and DTSMA working with my Nvidia Shield. Shield is attached to Cambridge CXR-200 receiver.
I appreciate your good work :-)
(2016-01-01, 15:02)laric Wrote: afaik there is a huge difference between 16 and 17. There is a new videoplayer in 17.

Well, in this cause we are talking Audio and pass-through in particular Smile
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11