• 77(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-12-29, 23:12)Mike_Doc Wrote: Surely if my language folder name is wrong then strings.po wouldn't work at all? whereas i reference these localized strings within the skin and they work fine there?

I guess the problem lies in the ID's you've used. Make sure that you use ID's within the allowed range for skins.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_structure#r...anguage.2F
(2015-12-31, 17:03)Mike_Doc Wrote: Also, it seems Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.TrackList) is broken? At albums level it is returning all songs in library for the Artist?
Ah, thanks for the catch. I'll look into it.
(2016-01-02, 01:44)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 11:03)skarragallagher Wrote: Any chance you are still updating the artic Zephyr skin and plan to release a version that supports pvr folder thumbnails using this awesome skin helper Big Grin

You would have to ask that to the skin dev on the skin thread ;-)
Thanks for the reply, I did, I just so happened to see the creator (jurialmunkey) post here so I figured I would try my luck Wink
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,shortcutproperty=TextColor)</onclick>
Suddenly the custom property for shortcuts is not working anymore, I tested it for hours, and I can't figure it out... it is working in other skin, with the same command, I also moved my custom colors.xml and the colors folder to that skin, and its working there, and in my skin its not. nothing is set after I hit "save".
the skinstring is working fine.
I don't see anything weird in the log.
suggestion?

edit:
just to be sure, I removed my "colors" folder, and my custom picker .xml file, and now i'm using the helper default, and still - can't set the shortcutproperty.

edit2:
Found it.
Code:
<control type="button" id="404"><visible>false</visible></control>
was needed. all good now.

edit3:
lol, wasn't enough. when I restore my own picker xml file, it was stop working again.
finally found the reason:
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="-400" end="0" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-400" time="400">WindowClose</animation>
I had those - and for some weird reason the prevent the picker from save the property. any idea why? I still need that animation
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-01-02, 01:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 23:03)im85288 Wrote: I was thinking of fitting it into the current getCast widget:

Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&movie=[MOVIENAME OR DBID]

And extending it to do a lookup in tmdb for movies/tv shows that are not in the local database.

I see, should be a pretty straightforward fix. I can add it in within a few days. Been ill last couple of days so had a few days away of my computer :-) Best wishes for 2016 btw.

If you're waiting on this, feel free to PR the fix, otherwise I'll look at it Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks Marcel, Happy new year Smile

I haven't got much time for the next week or so, but will look to PR next weekend if you don't beat me to it.
Marcel,

since an update sometime in the last few days I've been getting an error message from the skin helper service when starting Kodi.

In the log I'm getting

Code:
13:16:46 T:140690570864384   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.PluginContent import *
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/PluginContent.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from ArtworkUtils import *
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/ArtworkUtils.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from GoogleImages import *
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/GoogleImages.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                import BeautifulSoup
                                            ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:16:46 T:140690579257088   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=RECOMMENDEDMOVIES&reload=

Running OpenELEC 6.0.0 (Kodi 15.2 IIRC) and skin is Titan 3.5.x beta.

I haven't changed anything on the system, other than fire it up after a few days and it auto updated some add-ons (including Titan and this script).
Version of skin helper service installed is 1.0.24
Having the same issue as Carcharius but im with 16.0 Beta 4 .

Can you please check Smile
(2016-01-02, 01:49)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 23:12)Mike_Doc Wrote: Surely if my language folder name is wrong then strings.po wouldn't work at all? whereas i reference these localized strings within the skin and they work fine there?

I guess the problem lies in the ID's you've used. Make sure that you use ID's within the allowed range for skins.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_structure#r...anguage.2F

Thanks Marcel,

I'd gone into the 32's in strings.po but it was confusing as Kodi itself displays the 32000's I've used, that being around 50. I moved the view names to 34's and everything is good now.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi Guys, I need some help, after a recent update I am getting constant "Skin Helper Service Errors" using Kodi 15.2 and Titan stable latest version.

I can no longer use Random Movie Artwork as backgrounds either so I guess this is linked, any way to sort this out?

Thanks
EDIT: nvm think its a titan thing not an actual script problem
I had to install an addon called Beautifulsoup and all is working now. That is what the error was pointing too as missing in the log.
Error with the latest github

Code:
02:31:06 T:123145304526848   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno socket error] [Errno 7] no address associated with hostname.
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/PluginContent.py", line 7, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/ArtworkUtils.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                if urllib.urlopen("http://musicbrainzvm:5000").getcode() == 200:
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 86, in urlopen
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 205, in open
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/urllib.py", line 344, in open_http
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 904, in endheaders
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 776, in _send_output
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 735, in send
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 716, in connect
                                              File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 500, in create_connection
                                            IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 7] no address associated with hostname.

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration) and Movie sets window properties no longer work... (working with previous version).
 Estuary MOD V2 
Similar issues here:

Code:
21:54:28 T:16312   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:54:32 T:8480   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno socket error] [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 7, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\ArtworkUtils.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                if urllib.urlopen("http://musicbrainzvm:5000").getcode() == 200:
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 87, in urlopen
                                                return opener.open(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 208, in open
                                                return getattr(self, name)(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 345, in open_http
                                                h.endheaders(data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 991, in endheaders
                                                self._send_output(message_body)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 844, in _send_output
                                                self.send(msg)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 806, in send
                                                self.connect()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 787, in connect
                                                self.timeout, self.source_address)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 553, in create_connection
                                                for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM):
                                            IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
21:54:32 T:16476   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=widgets&path=skinplaylists,librarydataprovider,scriptwidgets,extendedinfo,smartshortcuts,pvr,smartishwidgets
21:54:32 T:16312   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:54:33 T:16312   ERROR: Control 3 in window 13002 has been asked to focus, but it can't

is this an error in the script, or the skin? I'd assume the script since that is what updated and is now causing errors, but wasn't sure. Either way, most widgets still work in my skin, but 'ongoing episodes' is broken, and I'm unable to select any new widget to replace it. other widgets for home menu items, like recent movies, tv shows airing today, and trending movies are all working correctly, along with a custom widget from a video add-on directory.
I'm too getting error since skin updated
script error is now fixed
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18