• 21(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
(2015-05-11, 22:06)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

I'm using the following to get all the movies in a move set by using the DBID of the movieset:

<content target="video">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>

It's working fine but the problem is that the movies are not in the right order to what I would like i.e. by year would be best.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I could possibly do to correct the order in the list?

Thanks

Mike.

cmiiw.. I thought by default xbmc sort movies by scrapping order?
there's a setting in advancedsettings.xml that forces sorting by year... would that work?
im also struggling implementing this to ace...
still cant figure out which part to replace, probably because ace's coding is too confusing
(2015-05-11, 22:06)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

I'm using the following to get all the movies in a move set by using the DBID of the movieset:

<content target="video">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>

It's working fine but the problem is that the movies are not in the right order to what I would like i.e. by year would be best.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what I could possibly do to correct the order in the list?

Thanks

Mike.

try

<content>$INFO[ListItem.Path]</content>

nevermind. fooled me into thinking it works but it doesn't. (still slimmer than using DBID though ;-) )
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
which current skin in Kodi actually implements this ?
I'm trying to wrap my head around this but all the samples are down...
Confluence doesn't seem to have it, Home.xml still uses old method...
Thanks for the feedback on my sorting issue, guess it's a wish list option for a few of us.

Another, probably stupid question, I'm still learning the art of skinning and want to attempt my first original view, so I was wondering how I would use content to say get all the films in a specific genre? would I have to start looking at creating playlists and calling them in the content tag or is there another way. Also within the same area, what would I need to do if I wanted to use content to fill a list with all films starting with A, or B, or C and so on?

Thanks

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Smart playlists - this is how I've done all the content on fTV.
Thanks Hitcher, I'll start looking into them, never used them in great detail so time to learn about them.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Edit :

I think i got it to work.. Just need to tweak the variable names...
Having trouble calling conditional variables such as rating

Code:
    <variable name="value_mfvideostarrating">
        <value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),2)">rating1.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),2) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),4)">rating2.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),4) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),7)">rating3.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),7) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),9)">rating4.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Property(Rating),9)">rating5.png</value>
    </variable>

The frontend is

Code:
            <control type="image">
                    <!-- Video Star -->
                    <width>80</width>
                    <height>40</height>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture fallback="rating0.png">$VAR[value_mfvideostarrating]</texture>
                    <colordiffuse>$VAR[value_headercolor]</colordiffuse>
                    <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>
                    <visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(1) | Container(9000).HasFocus(2) | Container(9000).HasFocus(3)</visible>
                </control>

Can't seem to find the correct way to call it.. any idea?

Edit : figure it out, it's

Code:
    <variable name="value_mfvideostarrating">
        <value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,2)">rating1.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,2) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,4)">rating2.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,4) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,7)">rating3.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,7) + !IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,9)">rating4.png</value>
        <value condition="IntegerGreaterThan(Container(510).ListItem.Rating,9)">rating5.png</value>
    </variable>
(2014-04-12, 19:32)`Black Wrote: 1. I just saw that you can use "target_url" for a custom onclick path so you don't need an extra button.

(2014-04-14, 09:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 19:32)`Black Wrote: 1. I just saw that you can use "target_url" for a custom onclick path so you don't need an extra button.

How exactly does this work? I tried it inside the content tag - e.g.
Code:
<content target_url="SetProperty(item,$INFO[ListItem.Icon],home)">path/to/content</content>

I also tried as tags in the list control. I didn't think it would work but it was worth a shot.

+1

I'm trying to get trailer to work on Ace skin..

I've tried creating button but it doesn't seem to work..
Focusedlayout action seems to be ignored as well

Can't find any skin that uses onclick action inside dynamic content..
So i'd really appreciate some help here...

thanks
HI

Why it's very hard to load plugin.video.pulsar in Dynamic List?
Mostly l get pop up messages, pulsar error pulsar is restart.

Quote:<content>plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/movies/popular</content>

thanks
(2014-05-03, 16:44)`Black Wrote: This should work:

PHP Code:
#Home window
<onload>SetProperty(RefreshList,1,Home)</onload>

#Content
<content>$VAR[PlaylistPath]</content>

#Path Variable
<variable name="PlaylistPath">
    <
value condition="!Window.IsVisible(3050)">path_to_playlist</value>
</
variable>

#Custom window
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="3050">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload>ClearProperty(RefreshList,Home)</onload>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RefreshList))</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" delay="5">WindowClose</animation>
    <controls></controls>
</window> 

That way the path gets changed on window load which triggers a refresh. Clearing the property just after setting it in onload doesn't work because it happens in the same frame so the application will not notice the change. Since AlarmClock doesn't work with ms, you need the custom window unless you can live with a 1 second delay.

I plan to add a reload function for the container which will make it much easier to manually trigger an update.

black, i tried this but i the container still wont load sometimes after changing window... any idea why?
Edit: problem solved
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I think I have found a bug ...

Lists filled from a smartplaylist do not respect that lists specified sort order.

i.e. - I have a smartplaylist for a home widget to show latest added movies (not played, last 7 days):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>m.RecentlyAddedMovies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>S:\Movies\</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>7 days</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>
It is supposed to be sorted by dateadded.

I populate the list in the skin with:
Code:
<content target="video">special://profile/playlists/video/m.RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp</content>
I have also tried:
Code:
<content target="video" sortby="dateadded" sortorder="descending">special://profile/playlists/video/m.RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp</content>
but still doesnt work. The sorting in the widget seems to be random.

If I access that playlist from the video library, then it is sorted as it should be...so it's just filling a list that's the problem.
I am on Kodi 15.2 btw.

Thanks
Try removing this -

Code:
<group>none</group>
(2015-12-19, 10:47)Hitcher Wrote: Try removing this -
Code:
<group>none</group>

That indeed worked ... though definitelly not obvious..
Thanks Hitcher Blush
Hi guys.

Maybe I overlooked some info in this thread, but is there anyway to refresh content in a dynamic list?

I have created a widget with random albums:

Code:
<content target="music" limit="20" sortby="random">musicdb://albums/</content>

And I would like it to refresh every time the home screen is opened.

I tried `Black's suggestion, but can't seem to get it working.
You could try big noid's library data provider script. It's super fast and auto refresh.
Solved my problem with resumable movies.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1