[Raspberry Pi] PVR HTS no picture, only sound
Hi,

I have a split setup with a PC running Tvheadned backend and a Raspberry Pi2 with Openelec 6.0 and PVR HTS 2.18 as client.

My current problem that many times when I switch to a HD channel the client buffers for 4-5 seconds then there is only sound and frozen picture of last channel. The problem was present with earlier OE and PVR client version as well.
It should not be a backend issue as I have another HTPC with the same Openelec and PVR client without this kind of problem. The fault affects Raspberry Pi only.

Is there any solution for this problem?
I have seen a recent report of improved behaviour from a latest master build of tvheadend backend. Might be worth a try.
Thanks for your quick response.
Actually my backend is az Openelec box (Wetek) and not a Raspberry. On the other hand I would exclude backend problems because clients on other platforms work fine.
The problem can be seen on Raspberry Pi client only.
This is the latest TvHeadend Server for the WeTek Play v.4.0.7 (Addons > add from Zip)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/di4zbhkkci706k...2.zip?dl=0

It cures a lot of buffering problems on another AMlogic platform I have.
This is an AMLogic specific problem you have with the server itself.

Thanks for your response.
As I already pointed out, the problem is specific to PVR HTS client on Raspberry Pi.

To make 100% sure I updated my backend to v4.0.7 and the client to 2.1.8 again for testing. The problem is still there. Actually zap to any HD channel never works. The only way to access a HD channel is pressing the stop button first then select the channel. Zapping directly ends up in no picture but only sound.

Logs:
ZAP OK to non-HD channel

ZAP Not OK to HD channel
The obvious question, do you have the mpeg2 licence for the RPi ?
Also try disabling MMAL and using OMX Player.

Damn, I do not have licence. Completely forgot it. I use this Pi for temporary testing only.

Anyway, enabling OMX player makes HD channel zap working but black screen on SD channels (due to missing licence). With disabling OMX the issue comes back after restart. It seems that the swicth between SW decoding and HW acceleration does not really work at channel swap. I still think this is a bug but not so severe with this explanation.

I assume that zap will work with having licence. Thanks for your support.
(2015-11-23, 20:09)sakos Wrote: It seems that the swicth between SW decoding and HW acceleration does not really work at channel swap. I still think this is a bug but not so severe with this explanation.

I did fix an similar issue issue before OE 6. Perhaps there is still something not right.
Can you produce a debug log (wiki) showing the channel switch failing?
(2015-11-23, 23:03)popcornmix Wrote: I did fix an similar issue issue before OE 6. Perhaps there is still something not right.
Can you produce a debug log (wiki) showing the channel switch failing?

I already attached detailed logs in post #5. Do you need more logs? Please specify what do you need exactly.
(2015-11-24, 08:54)sakos Wrote: I already attached detailed logs in post #5. Do you need more logs? Please specify what do you need exactly.

The complete log (not a cut down section) would be more useful.
(2015-11-24, 12:25)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 08:54)sakos Wrote: I already attached detailed logs in post #5. Do you need more logs? Please specify what do you need exactly.

The complete log (not a cut down section) would be more useful.

OK. The original log was extremely huge that is why I cut out the parts. I am going to reproduce the fault again and collect new logs. What components should be switched on in debug options?
(2015-11-24, 12:40)sakos Wrote: OK. The original log was extremely huge that is why I cut out the parts. I am going to reproduce the fault again and collect new logs. What components should be switched on in debug options?

Start with just debug enabled, and component specific debug disabled.
See new logs. Finally I left Video and Audio component logging on.
Actually I reproduced two different issues.
- At 19:53 when switching to HD channel I saw a strange picture like this: Image.
I saw this issue once several weeks ago.

- At 19:55 I got no picture but sound problem this topic about
I was getting sound with no picture on my Pi 2 with most video streams until I upped the video memory to 80MB from the default of 64.
(2016-01-02, 17:07)Jd42 Wrote: I was getting sound with no picture on my Pi 2 with most video streams until I upped the video memory to 80MB from the default of 64.

80MB is still too low for being able to browse artwork. 256MB is recommended for a Pi2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Raspberry Pi] PVR HTS no picture, only sound0