• 186(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-08-26, 10:12)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 01:10)cdoublejj Wrote: it logs me in and now instead of complaining about the api calls but, i can see my subscriptions or history or watch list.

? you can or can't see the lists? Big Grin

Did this get fixed please?

I can see my subscriptions but I cannot see watched nor watch later

Thanks
no the limits got reset more than likely.

go to older posts to see what this issue is all about.

Hope that helps.
Is it possible we can put something about the exceed limit problem in the top post and make it a sticky. I noticed a lot of ppl everywhere asks the same question and i think if we can just put it all in a front post thats always on top, maybe it can eliminate a lot of repeat questions.

Just a thought.

Jeff
One question about watchlist. It usually removes the watched videos (which is good) but it never marks them as watched or adds them to the watched history. Any way this could be added?

thanks,
chris
I read the last 5 or 6 page and i din't find a solution:
I know from 1 January 2016 this addons it's no more supported and i need to ask if it's normal whit this my trouble:
I ever used this app whitout logged and whitout used my gmail account...... it's ever worked whitout problems but i have tryed to use 5 minutes ago whit 5.1.16 and no more working.

Ever "Search" i need to try i obtain an error.... appears something like to say:
<<The request cannot be completed because... limit excedeed....>>

And after that the message disappears and i can't continue to read..............

I have tryed to watch the log files.......... and i can find some errors inside it:
Code:
03:57:36  84.475868 T:1578103840  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.9
03:57:36  84.924973 T:1957937712   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=cinemassacre
03:57:36  84.927582 T:1957937712   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=cinemassacre) failed
03:57:36  84.930809 T:1614541856  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
03:57:36  85.065125 T:1614541856  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:57:38  86.219055 T:1614541856  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.9
03:57:38  86.306953 T:1578103840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I have looked inside folder:
/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube

Infact the kodion folder not exist.............. this plugins it's no more compatible whit my version of kodi ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Quote:<<The request cannot be completed because... limit excedeed....>>

This means the amount of API calls from the kodi plugin has exceeded the amount google allows.

If you feel comfortable with playing with the code, you can setup your own API key and put it in the 15 isengard section.

There are instructions on how to do this about in this page

2196528 (post)

It's not a complete how to but it's a start you'll eventually get everything you need by reading through the threads.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-01-03, 05:02)DjDiabolik Wrote: I read the last 5 or 6 page and i din't find a solution:
I know from 1 January 2016 this addons it's no more supported and i need to ask if it's normal whit this my trouble:
I ever used this app whitout logged and whitout used my gmail account...... it's ever worked whitout problems but i have tryed to use 5 minutes ago whit 5.1.16 and no more working.

Ever "Search" i need to try i obtain an error.... appears something like to say:
<<The request cannot be completed because... limit excedeed....>>

And after that the message disappears and i can't continue to read..............

I have tryed to watch the log files.......... and i can find some errors inside it:
Code:
03:57:36  84.475868 T:1578103840  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.9
03:57:36  84.924973 T:1957937712   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=cinemassacre
03:57:36  84.927582 T:1957937712   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=cinemassacre) failed
03:57:36  84.930809 T:1614541856  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
03:57:36  85.065125 T:1614541856  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:57:38  86.219055 T:1614541856  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.9
03:57:38  86.306953 T:1578103840  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I have looked inside folder:
/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube

Infact the kodion folder not exist.............. this plugins it's no more compatible whit my version of kodi ?
(2016-01-03, 05:06)jdf76 Wrote:

This means the amount of API calls from the kodi plugin has exceeded the amount google allows.

If you feel comfortable with playing with the code, you can setup your own API key and put it in the 15 isengard section.

2196528 (post)

It's not a complete how to but it's a start you'll eventually get everything you need by reading through the threads.

Thanks
Jeff

CUT CUT
It's very interested but i don't need to login........... i never used an account and from today the search it's no working.

I need only to stay logged for back to use search function ? The app it's no more working logged out ?
I cant seem to even start the Youtube addon now. Anyone know what would cause these errors? I tried reinstalling as well.

Code:
21:20:38 T:3932  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
21:20:39 T:3932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 487, in on_root
                                                self.get_client(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 149, in get_client
                                                refresh_tokens[0])
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 131, in refresh_token_tv
                                                grant_type=grant_type)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 161, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 184, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 155, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
                                                return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
ok even if you've never logged in, the plugin still uses the main api to do a search. Since there are a ton of people using the Youtube plugin, it pretty much eats up all the API calls.

Does this make sense?

Jeff

(2016-01-03, 05:49)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 05:06)jdf76 Wrote:

2196528 (post)

Thanks
Jeff

CUT CUT
It's very interested but i don't need to login........... i never used an account and from today the search it's no working.

I need only to stay logged for back to use search function ? The app it's no more working logged out ?
I'm not a coder, but from what I'm seeing I think something is broken with your plug-in. How did you uninstall it?

Jeff

(2016-01-03, 05:51)psydeath Wrote: I cant seem to even start the Youtube addon now. Anyone know what would cause these errors? I tried reinstalling as well.

Code:
21:20:38 T:3932  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.16) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
21:20:39 T:3932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 487, in on_root
                                                self.get_client(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 149, in get_client
                                                refresh_tokens[0])
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 131, in refresh_token_tv
                                                grant_type=grant_type)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\login_client.py", line 161, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=False)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 184, in post
                                                return _request('POST', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\simple_requests\api.py", line 155, in _request
                                                response = opener.open(request)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 404, in open
                                                response = self._open(req, data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
                                                '_open', req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
                                                return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open
                                                raise URLError(err)
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:510: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
21:20:39 T:288   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
(2016-01-03, 05:52)jdf76 Wrote: ok even if you've never logged in, the plugin still uses the main api to do a search. Since there are a ton of people using the Youtube plugin, it pretty much eats up all the API calls.

Does this make sense?

Jeff

CUT CUT
YES !!! ABSOLUTELY YES!! I have created all and all it's working whitout problems!!! I can continue to stay unlogged and now search it's working whitout a problems!!

At this point i have followed this way:
1) Goes on "https://console.developers.google.com/apis" and i'm created a new project called "Youtube Trial"
2) The seconds pass it's enable the "YouTube Data API v3". Open the "Overview" - Search for "Youtube" and i have activated it
3) Now i'm back to "Credentials". Select "New Credential" and i have created a "API Key" and after choose "Browser key". Put all necessary and click save to obtain the key!!
3.1) Using Filezilla from my pc.. i have put this key inside login_client.py on the "key" line Smile
4) After that ever on "Credentials. Select again "New Credential" and i have make a "OAuth 2.0" and after i have choose "Web Client". Pui al necessary and clisk save.
4.1) I have obtained at this point the "Id" and his "secret" key. Go back and put in login_client.py

After that.... i have saved the file (remember i used Filezilla + notepad++ from windows for editing all) - > Close the application from osmc and restart !!

All it's back to working whitout a problems like a charm................. i don't have test my gmail account but i never used here.......... i need only, for now, to return to use the search function.

OK!! That's all Smile Thanks boys for all explanation Smile I'm a noob and i continue to not understand because i never need to obtain this before today....... but i hope from now it's very difficult to re-obtain the "limit" error because i start to use a my private keys/api and not a public api used by all people..... right ?

*EDIT*
This created API/Keys... you know if they have a expiration date ?

*EDIT 2*
Apparently i have found the Very limit of this my persional API.... look around my project i have found this:
Quote:Used 245 of 50,000,000 requests
I don't know how it's worked this request... if it's a daily amount... or month.. or year. And 245 what ? Potato ? Chips ? And 50,000,000 what ? Kilobyte.. MegaByte ? Lol Smile
not off the top of my head. if you created a developer account you have a gmail account which works on youtube. Yes, the key you made is private unless you give it to someone.

by the way this doesn't fix anything else, just the rate limit issue.

Thx
Jeff
(2016-01-03, 05:55)jdf76 Wrote: I'm not a coder, but from what I'm seeing I think something is broken with your plug-in. How did you uninstall it?

Jeff

Ive been using the built in kodi menu under settings to install or uninstall this add on
(2016-01-03, 06:29)DjDiabolik Wrote:
Quote:Used 245 of 50,000,000 requests
I don't know how it's worked this request... if it's a daily amount... or month.. or year. And 245 what ? Potato ? Chips ? And 50,000,000 what ? Kilobyte.. MegaByte ? Lol Smile

245 requests out of 50,000,000 requests
only thing i can think of is go to the Kodi application settings folder and make sure it's all gone.

for instance, i'm on a mac so i have two folders

/Users/jdf/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube
/Users/jdf/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

Give that a shot and then do a reinstall. If that doesn't work unfortunately i'm not sure where to go from there.

Jeff

(2016-01-03, 07:02)psydeath Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 05:55)jdf76 Wrote: I'm not a coder, but from what I'm seeing I think something is broken with your plug-in. How did you uninstall it?

Jeff

Ive been using the built in kodi menu under settings to install or uninstall this add on
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20