• 3(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
(2016-01-01, 21:54)d00dl3 Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 20:17)Memphiz Wrote: And you verified that this is not the case for other platforms? Because picons work as expected for me (tvheadend addon).
Yes i'm sure. I use the Vu+/Enigma2 Plugin also on Android, Raspberry PI and MrMC. MrMc had a similar bug in it's first version (wrong colours). I reported this and they fixed it.

Well i checked on other platforms and it is the same case. Just a heads up (again). As mentioned in the first post - those appletv4 builds are based on the most current master branch of xbmc - if you check against other platforms you need to use one of the linked testbuilds there too. And this issue is a general issue with mainline and indexed png images (mainline uses a new ffmpeg based image loader). I will ping the developer in charge for this part of the code.

Not related to my appletv4 builds but a general thing with master code...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-01-02, 18:09)rocketr Wrote: s it safe to say that we don't want to bring up any of those issues until at least 17.0 alpha as the goal right now is Kodi core functionality?

Correct, nothing addon related. But you can (unrelated to this thread, or ATV4 stuff) test it on other platforms using the builds linked in the top thread and if you can replicate a general with it on 17 notify the maintainer of the addon, who might care, but it's pre-alpha, so he might feel the same way that we do currently about 17.
I've updated the first post with the new build, from 2016-01-02.

Also updated all the other platforms builds with newer builds as well.

Fixes are:
- missing transparency when using pngs with indexed palette (user reported this with his picons) (fix came from mainline) - user might need to clear his thumbnails folder (maybe via file manager)
- up down keys were disabled in video full screen by mrmc (fix came from yab branch - i reverted this for making dvd menus usable again)
- bob-inverted is now the default interlacer for tvos when interlacer is set to "auto" (backported from MRMC)

New known issues:
- wrong black level during video playback (no clue where and how this can be fixed yet...) - also i am unsure how i can even effectively reproduce this (maybe some standard test movie or so?)

Like always, no addon support, please verify bugs with the current master builds of other platforms before reporting.
(2016-01-02, 22:27)keith Wrote: I've updated the first post with the new build, from 2016-01-02.

Also updated all the other platforms builds with newer builds as well.

Fixes are:
- missing transparency when using pngs with indexed palette (user reported this with his picons) (fix came from mainline) - user might need to clear his thumbnails folder (maybe via file manager)
- up down keys were disabled in video full screen by mrmc (fix came from yab branch - i reverted this for making dvd menus usable again)
- bob-inverted is now the default interlacer for tvos when interlacer is set to "auto" (backported from MRMC)

New known issues:
- wrong black level during video playback (no clue where and how this can be fixed yet...) - also i am unsure how i can even effectively reproduce this (maybe some standard test movie or so?)

Like always, no addon support, please verify bugs with the current master builds of other platforms before reporting.

Is the new known issue on black levels in 12/30 build to? I set the default brightness to 45% and saved it as preferences for all video playback and seems to work great
Yes, the black levels are also wrong in the 12/30 build. I compared a few movies in the 12/30 Kodi build vs the latest official release of MrMC, and the black levels in Kodi are much lighter..
The black levels can be fixed by changing Apple TV video settings to RGB Low. That made video perfect; I am thinking MrMc and Kodi no longer use the same video player ??
(2016-01-02, 14:18)Memphiz Wrote: winestock - clicking should bring up the osd - no? or click and hold maybe

That's it, click on the pad on the remote to bring up OSD.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2016-01-03, 02:47)runnerr Wrote: The black levels can be fixed by changing Apple TV video settings to RGB Low. That made video perfect; I am thinking MrMc and Kodi no longer use the same video player ??

same ffmpeg, same decoder, same gles, same shaders. essentially the player name has changed and a/v sync and structure but the deep under code is the same.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Okay, I took some screenshots and Kodi for some reason is rendering whites at RGB 235 and blacks at 16 rather than the 0-255 normally used

Setting the Apple TV to RGB low does not change how Kodi renders it but rather tells the TV that 16 is pure black and 235 is pure white...

To get Kodi to output the video at the right values the brightness and contrast need to be adjusted to 43.75 and 58.203125

Or, since you can't get the exact values entered in the GUI you can put this in the defaultvideosettings section in guisettings.xml

Code:
<brightness>43.750000</brightness>
<contrast>58.203125</contrast>

This page explains what's happening: http://iaintnoextra.tumblr.com/post/1948...low-on-the

Of course by doing either of these you are still losing a little bit of color detail since FFMPEG (or whatever is responsible) was outputting in the wrong color space and that process in this case is lossy (220 vs 256 color channel values)

Is there any place in the code that would control what color space FFMPEG is decoding at?
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Whatever this issue is I don't think its related to TVOS build... Others are having issues (see below):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250278

It might be related to this work going on with the video player:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237686
Every build so far has crashed when scanning my TV shows.

Here's the logs (second one is xmbc.old):

http://xbmclogs.com/pd9ryfjpn
http://xbmclogs.com/pa2f2pdpf

I'm not 100% sure but it seems to crash more often when processing a show with a lot of content (Family Guy for example).
(2016-01-03, 09:22)simonk83 Wrote: Every build so far has crashed when scanning my TV shows.

simonk83, have you verified this on other platform builds of 17 that this is a specific issue on ATV4? If so, can you see if you have the same issue without mysql?
(2016-01-03, 11:32)keith Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 09:22)simonk83 Wrote: Every build so far has crashed when scanning my TV shows.

simonk83, have you verified this on other platform builds of 17 that this is a specific issue on ATV4? If so, can you see if you have the same issue without mysql?

I haven't mate (I have another Kodi install but it's on Isengard I think). I'll try and install it on OSX or Windows tomorrow and see if I can replicate it.
OK, I installed the OSX version and tried to replicate the conditions as best I could (same skin, scraper, advancedsettings file etc). It completed the TV scraping fine first time, so I guess it's ATV specific at least.

Let me know if there's anything else you need me to test. I should point out that it doesn't crash on the same show every time, it just seems to struggle with shows that have a lot of data and crashes on different ones each time.
There is a bug when using the Kodi remote (by joethefox) used on an iPhone. When trying to start a movie from the file browser in the app, Kodi crashes back to the main screen. This also happens in the official release of MrMC, but has been solved in test build 1.1.1

When trying the same procedure on the OS X build, the movie starts without any problems, so I believe it's the apple tv build.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7