• 12(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-12-28, 01:50)wongnog Wrote: I currently have a Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard working on my Asus Chromebox running OpenELEC. Is it possible to program my Harmony 700 to mimic some of the functions of the keyboard? I am using the MyHarmony remote software, but can't find this keyboard in the database of devices.

Yes, but you need an IR receiver similar to the ones pictured in the first post of this guide. The keyboard receiver is likely wi-fi and the Harmony would not be compatible.
(2015-10-09, 01:01)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 10:49)baroonin Wrote: Hello, I have a lenovo ovu710018 reciever that is recognized as a "mce usb ir - spinel plus" in windows 7. Is there anything I can do to get it recognized as an ehome receiver or am I screwed?

If you can figure out its devices in the Harmony database, you can treat it as a non-eHome receiver. Otherwise, you have bought a receiver that is not a true eHome receiver and nothing can be done about that.

If it came from China, it could be a fake. I have one similar experience.

I just bought one of these off ebay too (from China) and can't get it to work with my Harmony 700 as a Microsoft MCE Keyboard or Microsoft Windows Media Center SE. The remote is a Lenovo RC2604315, but when I try to add that to the My Harmony software it says that is a remote model and not a device model. Thankfully the remote it comes with does work to operate Kodi. Here is what it looks like, can anyone please help me with this? Thanks!
(2015-12-31, 21:09)wongnog Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 01:01)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 10:49)baroonin Wrote: Hello, I have a lenovo ovu710018 reciever that is recognized as a "mce usb ir - spinel plus" in windows 7. Is there anything I can do to get it recognized as an ehome receiver or am I screwed?

If you can figure out its devices in the Harmony database, you can treat it as a non-eHome receiver. Otherwise, you have bought a receiver that is not a true eHome receiver and nothing can be done about that.

If it came from China, it could be a fake. I have one similar experience.

I just bought one of these off ebay too (from China) and can't get it to work with my Harmony 700 as a Microsoft MCE Keyboard or Microsoft Windows Media Center SE. The remote is a Lenovo RC2604315, but when I try to add that to the My Harmony software it says that is a remote model and not a device model. Thankfully the remote it comes with does work to operate Kodi. Here is what it looks like, can anyone please help me with this? Thanks!

Try asking in the Logitech forums. A moderator may know the answer.
(2016-01-01, 01:07)Warner306 Wrote: Try asking in the Logitech forums. A moderator may know the answer.

Okay now I feel kinda dumb, MyHarmony works by adding the device as Lenovo OVU710018/01. Best thing is both Power On and Power Off buttons work on my ChromeBox, and by setting Kodi to Suspend on shutdown, the startup time for the Chromebox is about 1 second! Smile The remote definitely has less buttons than an MCE keyboard or the like. I'm a bit of a n00b to all of this, but is there a way to add custom keyboard commands for this?
(2016-01-01, 03:02)wongnog Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 01:07)Warner306 Wrote: Try asking in the Logitech forums. A moderator may know the answer.

Okay now I feel kinda dumb, MyHarmony works by adding the device as Lenovo OVU710018/01. Best thing is both Power On and Power Off buttons work on my ChromeBox, and by setting Kodi to Suspend on shutdown, the startup time for the Chromebox is about 1 second! Smile The remote definitely has less buttons than an MCE keyboard or the like. I'm a bit of a n00b to all of this, but is there a way to add custom keyboard commands for this?

Sure, follow the instructions here: 1949375 (post)

I removed the Lenovo from the list of MCE receivers, as this appears to be incorrect.
I'm having trouble getting it working correctly:

(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: ShowKey is a great little app designed to provide a textual display of key commands received by Windows. This app will show both key presses and Windows Media Center app commands.
To use, simply point your remote at the receiver and press a button. The corresponding command will appear on the screen.
1. By default, when I press a button on my remote, ShowKey doesn't display anything. It's doing nothing.
2. When Kodi is running in the background (and I press a button on my remote), ShowKey at least shows something for some of the buttons but not all. For example, it'll show something for Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, but not for Live, List, Menu, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, for example. Pressing the Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, or Menu button, Windows Media Center opens, but ShowKey doesn't show anything.

(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: The final step involves taking the translated commands and adding them to a keyboard.xml that can be read by Kodi.
I tried doing this for the volume buttons (up, down, mute), but it's not working. ShowKey gave me the following information:
Quote:Volume up: <volume_up>Notification(Key, volume_up, 3)</volume_up>
Volume down: <volume_down>Notification(Key, volume_down, 3)</volume_down>
Mute: <volume_mute>Notification(Key, volume_mute, 3)</volume_mute>
So I've created a keyboard.xml in C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
However, when I press any of the buttons while Kodi is running, they all toggle mute/unmute (ie. they all do the same), which is what they did by default without having a custom keyboard.xml. They're working just fine on my Panasonic plasma.

I'm using a Harmony 300i with a MS-Tech MC-1200 case and built-in IR receiver (non e-home device I think). MyHarmony has a built-in profile for my case/IR-receiver.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
(2016-01-02, 02:14)jaochoo Wrote: I'm having trouble getting it working correctly:

(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: ShowKey is a great little app designed to provide a textual display of key commands received by Windows. This app will show both key presses and Windows Media Center app commands.
To use, simply point your remote at the receiver and press a button. The corresponding command will appear on the screen.
1. By default, when I press a button on my remote, ShowKey doesn't display anything. It's doing nothing.
2. When Kodi is running in the background (and I press a button on my remote), ShowKey at least shows something for some of the buttons but not all. For example, it'll show something for Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, but not for Live, List, Menu, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, for example. Pressing the Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, or Menu button, Windows Media Center opens, but ShowKey doesn't show anything.

(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: The final step involves taking the translated commands and adding them to a keyboard.xml that can be read by Kodi.
I tried doing this for the volume buttons (up, down, mute), but it's not working. ShowKey gave me the following information:
Quote:Volume up: <volume_up>Notification(Key, volume_up, 3)</volume_up>
Volume down: <volume_down>Notification(Key, volume_down, 3)</volume_down>
Mute: <volume_mute>Notification(Key, volume_mute, 3)</volume_mute>
So I've created a keyboard.xml in C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
However, when I press any of the buttons while Kodi is running, they all toggle mute/unmute (ie. they all do the same), which is what they did by default without having a custom keyboard.xml. They're working just fine on my Panasonic plasma.

I'm using a Harmony 300i with a MS-Tech MC-1200 case and built-in IR receiver (non e-home device I think). MyHarmony has a built-in profile for my case/IR-receiver.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

If showkey won't work, try one of the keymap addons in the official addon repo. I think some of these can change buttons on the remote to Kodi commands through a GUI.
Already did that before I found this guide. The Kodi addon does a great job for some buttons but is failing on other buttons. The problem with the volume buttons is the same: I can see that the addon is generating an XML file with different entries for volume up, volume down and mute, but on pressing a button in Kodi, they all toggle mute/unmute. Using other buttons for volume up/down (such as the number #2 and #6 buttons) works fine.
(2016-01-02, 12:43)jaochoo Wrote: Already did that before I found this guide. The Kodi addon does a great job for some buttons but is failing on other buttons. The problem with the volume buttons is the same: I can see that the addon is generating an XML file with different entries for volume up, volume down and mute, but on pressing a button in Kodi, they all toggle mute/unmute. Using other buttons for volume up/down (such as the number #2 and #6 buttons) works fine.

I'm not sure where to go next. You would have to use as many of the commands read by Kodi as possible to create a keyboard.xml.
I have an Ortek VRC-1100 remote and am using an off-brand programmable remote to control my devices. It works great, but what I can't figure out how to do is initiate a right-click on the item that is selected. If I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote I can move the cursor around using hte pad, and then press the right-click button to bring up the context menu, but I want to use my programmable remote (which doesn't have a mouse cursor pad).

Is this possible? Has this been covered in any other threads?
(2016-01-04, 19:38)tcmaresh Wrote: I have an Ortek VRC-1100 remote and am using an off-brand programmable remote to control my devices. It works great, but what I can't figure out how to do is initiate a right-click on the item that is selected. If I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote I can move the cursor around using hte pad, and then press the right-click button to bring up the context menu, but I want to use my programmable remote (which doesn't have a mouse cursor pad).

Put this into your keyboard.xml:

<key>ContextMenu</key>

Natively, the context menu is not a right-click; it is the key command "C."
(2016-01-03, 03:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 12:43)jaochoo Wrote: Already did that before I found this guide. The Kodi addon does a great job for some buttons but is failing on other buttons. The problem with the volume buttons is the same: I can see that the addon is generating an XML file with different entries for volume up, volume down and mute, but on pressing a button in Kodi, they all toggle mute/unmute. Using other buttons for volume up/down (such as the number #2 and #6 buttons) works fine.

I'm not sure where to go next. You would have to use as many of the commands read by Kodi as possible to create a keyboard.xml.
So you mean I'm mapping it to the wrong Kodi commands i.e. VolumeUp and VolumeDown are not the right Kodi commands to use for volume up and volume down? Or how exactly do you mean "use as many of the commands read by Kodi as possible"?
(2016-01-04, 23:15)jaochoo Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 03:11)Warner306 Wrote:

So you mean I'm mapping it to the wrong Kodi commands i.e. VolumeUp and VolumeDown are not the right Kodi commands to use for volume up and volume down? Or how exactly do you mean "use as many of the commands read by Kodi as possible"?

You might have to throw out the volume commands and use others. Any command could be set to change the volume. Or, buy an external IR receiver like the ones shown in post #1.
I find that harmony is something good , but very expensive . maybe I can buy you time in the supply and then try. Issomeone happy with it ?
(2016-01-04, 21:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 19:38)tcmaresh Wrote: I have an Ortek VRC-1100 remote and am using an off-brand programmable remote to control my devices. It works great, but what I can't figure out how to do is initiate a right-click on the item that is selected. If I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote I can move the cursor around using hte pad, and then press the right-click button to bring up the context menu, but I want to use my programmable remote (which doesn't have a mouse cursor pad).

Put this into your keyboard.xml:

<key>ContextMenu</key>

Natively, the context menu is not a right-click; it is the key command "C."

As soon as I knew that "ContextMenu" was the command I needed to configure, I was on my way. I searched through the thread and found the rest of the information I needed. I settled on using the "Recorded TV" button on the MCE remote (<o mod="ctrl">). I updated the keyboard.xml file so that the ContextMenu option in the global key mappings used that code (<o mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</o>), disabled the existing entry that mapped it to PVR usage, then trained the Universal Remote to send that code when my preferred button was pressed. Works perfectly. Thanks!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6