• 43(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
@Leopold and @mac1202...

First, can we just confirm exactly what the problem is - there are no main menu items? The main menu items don't have icons? Something else?

Second, please give exact steps to reproduce - especially pay attention to when you first customised the menu (whether that was in Kover or Eminence 2), any time you've reset skin settings or the menu, and other such details Smile

Third, please post a link to a full debug log (wiki) - having first enabled Skin Shortcuts own debug logging option from its settings (Settings > Add-ons > Dependencies > Skin Shortcuts).

(My guess is that you've both edited the menu for the first time in Eminence - whose main menu icons are local paths which will only work on Eminence - so when you switch back to Kover, the icons can't be displayed. If that's the case - and with how little information I have so far I am just guessing - use the menu editor to select different icons. The fact that icons can be a problem when switching skins using Skin Shortcuts is a problem we're aware of, and are working through various possible fixes for the next release.)
Thanks Jayz2K...very appreciated about your offer.
And sorry for taking so much time to reply....i am working currently on a playlist viewer for KOver...

It is an adaption from an Eminence 2 Mod (Credits to Guilouz). Still working on it...

Edit:

More Progress....integrated CDArt and Clearlogo and finished Playercontrols (for Music)...

(2015-12-28, 21:11)BobCratchett Wrote: @Leopold and @mac1202...

First, can we just confirm exactly what the problem is - there are no main menu items? The main menu items don't have icons? Something else?

Second, please give exact steps to reproduce - especially pay attention to when you first customised the menu (whether that was in Kover or Eminence 2), any time you've reset skin settings or the menu, and other such details Smile

Third, please post a link to a full debug log (wiki) - having first enabled Skin Shortcuts own debug logging option from its settings (Settings > Add-ons > Dependencies > Skin Shortcuts).

(My guess is that you've both edited the menu for the first time in Eminence - whose main menu icons are local paths which will only work on Eminence - so when you switch back to Kover, the icons can't be displayed. If that's the case - and with how little information I have so far I am just guessing - use the menu editor to select different icons. The fact that icons can be a problem when switching skins using Skin Shortcuts is a problem we're aware of, and are working through various possible fixes for the next release.)

Just for info i dont use eminence, curently i m testing several different theme ( eunique, mimic, arctic zephyr) I can switch between them without problem my menu is preserved between skin, but using kover i got the same result as Leopold screenshot.
I ll try to provide log when i ll have more time.
Got more time to modify the Music Viz...but i have one problem..my lyrics are cutted at the top...my background texture is also affected (to highlight the textline).
Is this a skin related problem? Tried every available parameter in my .xml file..smaller Fontsize helps, but that can't be the only solution...

btw.: Happy new year folks! Wink
Hi all.
First ... Happy new year and best wishes Smile
I was a bit away those days ... familly priority Wink

Regarding the menu issue when migrating from another skin, a debug log would be great guys for me to try to track the problem Smile

@Shogun : IMO, this can't be KOver related. Since MusicVisualisation.xml is an almost "empty" window and you use your own fonts, KOver has no "connection" to your code. For the texture, assuming you use the packed "white,png" in the texture.xbt, you may have a "stretch" alteration. I noticed that in the official repo release. I think the packing process somehow altered the texture and added some transparency borders to it. Using a <apectratio>scale</aspectratio> fixes it.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Solved the issue myself...

....and forked your repo....
Uploaded my changes, but many of the changes are still WIP...maybe useful for coming updates...Smile
(2016-01-04, 21:26)Shogun Wrote: ...maybe useful for coming updates...Smile

Sure Wink

Great...Smile
I'm a novice with this...i'm sure there is much space for improvements...

Got some questions...

Is there a similar variable as "Player.Art(Thumb)" that works with your skin? I have to use "MusicPlayer.offset(0).Cover" to get a cover for the current song.
Is it possible to disable the seekbar just for music? Have to disable it entirely (i'm honest, i don't like it anyway).

btw.: Artworks aren't working if you don't edit the "settings.xml" and paste your location for "artworklocation" and "musiccdart.location".
(2016-01-04, 22:09)Shogun Wrote: Great...Smile
I'm a novice with this...i'm sure there is much space for improvements...

Got some questions...

Is there a similar variable as "Player.Art(Thumb)" that works with your skin? I have to use "MusicPlayer.offset(0).Cover" to get a cover for the current song.
Is it possible to disable the seekbar just for music? Have to disable it entirely (i'm honest, i don't like it anyway).

btw.: Artworks aren't working if you don't edit the "settings.xml" and paste your location for "artworklocation" and "musiccdart.location".

First point is a normal behavior. Player.Art(type) is for video arts (check the infolabels wiki) ... MusicPlayer.Cover is the one (I think you can remove the offset attribute).

For point n°2, just edit the DialogSeekbar.xml and under the bloc 1 tag, add a visible condition for the group !Player.HasAudio (should work).

Perfect...Nr.2 works as instructed...added the line under "Sidebar Position" too....to hide the Sidebar...

About Nr.1...You are right...MusicPlayer.Cover is sufficent...

Main problems were the lines...

380 <texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(0).Cover]</texture>
381 <visible>!Substring(Player.Art(thumb),DefaultAlbumCover.png)</visible>

...under Musicvisualisation.xml

Result for Songs without Covers (usage of "DefaultAlbumCover.png")

Changed the lines to....

380 <texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
381 <visible>!Substring(MusicPlayer.Cover,DefaultAlbumCover.png)</visible>

Works as intended now.

Thank you!
(2016-01-04, 23:32)Shogun Wrote: Perfect...Nr.2 works as instructed...added the line under "Sidebar Position" too....to hide the Sidebar...

About Nr.1...You are right...MusicPlayer.Cover is sufficent...

Main problems were the lines...

380 <texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(0).Cover]</texture>
381 <visible>!Substring(Player.Art(thumb),DefaultAlbumCover.png)</visible>

...under Musicvisualisation.xml

Result for Songs without Covers (usage of "DefaultAlbumCover.png")

Changed the lines to....

380 <texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
381 <visible>!Substring(MusicPlayer.Cover,DefaultAlbumCover.png)</visible>

Works as intended now.

Thank you!
YW Wink

(2015-12-28, 21:11)BobCratchett Wrote: @Leopold and @mac1202...

Here's a log and video showing the steps to reproduce the problem. I started from scratch (removed ~/.kodi) and then installed Eminence 2.0 so there's nothing unusual about the setup at the start of the video.

This is the only exception in the log:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:   File "/home/lee/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 198, in shouldwerun
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:     hashes = ast.literal_eval( xbmcvfs.File( os.path.join( __masterpath__ , xbmc.getSkinDir() + ".hash" ) ).read() )
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 49, in literal_eval
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:     node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 37, in parse
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:     return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:   File "<unknown>", line 0
21:34:55 T:140471085451008   ERROR:     ^

To be clear, there are actually two problems shown in the video.
  • Initial white screen/missing graphics/bad layout after confirming I want to keep the skin.
  • After pressing escape to go to the home screen it initially appears correctly until skin shortcuts breaks it entirely.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
@Leopold - thanks, that confirms my guess was right. So, until it's fixed in skin shortcuts (no eta on that), manually assign icons to your main menu items.
This skin is probably the best thing to happen to Kodi for a long time, just amazed at how it all fits together and so customisable.

Quick question...

When viewing the EPG is there any way for it to show which shows are recording or due to be recorded as it does not show anything on my system.

Apologies if I have missed something
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
Thanks for the kind words ...

(2016-01-05, 18:31)Moneybear Wrote: Apologies if I have missed something

Nope, you didn't ... I DID ...

Was in my TO-DO list a long time ago but seems I missed it. Will add it in next Update Smile

• 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18