• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
(2016-01-04, 05:04)Glyde62 Wrote: Doesn't seem to work in Edge for me, Just get message about clicking back

hi, yes edge-implementation is missing cause I have no edge or windows 10. Perhaps someone who uses win10+edge could provide a batch-script or cscript which launches an url in fullscreen. then I could integrate.
0.4.4 is working fine with OpenElec and Chromium. The only thing that is not working is the the remote control. Sad Is there a way to get the key handling working with flix2kodi under OpenOlec?
(2016-01-04, 16:24)StefanK Wrote: I look forward to trying out this add-on. A few questions first:
Could it possibly open up in the windows 10 netflix app instead of a browser? Isn't it correct that the app plays 5.1 surround, while netflix in a browser is only stereo?

Hi, yes this could be possible, someone has to find a solution (batch script or cscript) to launch the app and open the right video. If someone find a solution, I would integrate. And I think this is correct (but there could be a solution with edge). @others: correct me if I'm wrong ;-)
Hi, just uploaded version 0.4.5, please have a look on changelog. macos problems and 'cannot update playcount..' should now work. allso added a switch for x32 systems to launch the right chrome version on windows.

about remotes:
I know many of you are waiting for a solution. But I only use a CEC remote wich works out of the box. So someone else has to find a solution. If he does, I will integrate it.
For Linux it seams that jwhite has a working solution. (https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f.../issues/13) just waiting for pull request so I could integrate.
Hope someone will find a good solution for windows too.
(2016-01-05, 01:12)logi85 Wrote: I know many of you are waiting for a solution. But I only use a CEC remote wich works out of the box. So someone else has to find a solution. If he does, I will integrate it.
For Linux it seams that jwhite has a working solution. (https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f.../issues/13) just waiting for pull request so I could integrate.

In the old plugin.video.netflix you have to use the script script.chromium_remotecontrol instead of choosing a browser. Because I'm no coder, isn't there a way to start this script via a chromelauncher_custom.sh?
(2016-01-05, 01:22)newsilentsilver Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 01:12)logi85 Wrote: I know many of you are waiting for a solution. But I only use a CEC remote wich works out of the box. So someone else has to find a solution. If he does, I will integrate it.

In the old plugin.video.netflix you have to use the script script.chromium_remotecontrol instead of choosing a browser. Because I'm no coder, isn't there a way to start this script via a chromelauncher_custom.sh?

For Windows, I'd also suggest to use Eventghost to manage the remote events as they come in. I have my key presses set differently to issue different commands based on the window that is focused (Chrome or Kodi).
(2016-01-05, 01:22)newsilentsilver Wrote: In the old plugin.video.netflix you have to use the script script.chromium_remotecontrol instead of choosing a browser. Because I'm no coder, isn't there a way to start this script via a chromelauncher_custom.sh?

The chromium remote control script still works you just need to change netflix to flix2kodi in the scripts settings.
(2016-01-05, 01:40)macauleyr4 Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 01:22)newsilentsilver Wrote: In the old plugin.video.netflix you have to use the script script.chromium_remotecontrol instead of choosing a browser. Because I'm no coder, isn't there a way to start this script via a chromelauncher_custom.sh?

The chromium remote control script still works you just need to change netflix to flix2kodi in the scripts settings.

Oh ... thank you. It works. Big Grin
(2016-01-05, 01:12)logi85 Wrote: For Linux it seams that jwhite has a working solution. (https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f.../issues/13) just waiting for pull request so I could integrate.

I'll submit a proper pull request that does this a bit more cleanly when you install the plugin on linux, but it is school holiday week here so I am off on a road trip. I'll submit a proper pull request after this week but I feel bad that it will take me so long.

I tried a good half dozen ways to try to get this to work on a app-only basis and found drawbacks and corner cases that made each of those impractical. So the solution is to map the actual *keyboard* during the session running chrome and when chrome exits, map them back. Yes, it's a bit of a hack but it works flawlessly (and after trying all the other cleaner solutions I think this is the only painless and flexible way.) I can do this in the actual browser launching script in a temporary and clean way.

In the mean time if you hack a bit of linux you can follow my solution here :

you can install xbindkeys using apt-get

Modify your launchBrowser.sh file to start xbindkeys right before chrome is launched :

Here is the snippet:

>xbindkeys &
># notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
>/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url" &

And then at the end of the file kill xbindkeys after chrome exits :

(last line in launchBrowser.sh)
>killall -KILL xbindkeys

Ok -- now you need a keyfile to control the mappings.

When you run xbindkeys it will create a .xbindkeysrc file usually in your root directory (the same one as the .kodi directory resides in)

Here is mine. It enables pause, rewind, forward, exit ... and most important for me the volume keys on my proper HTPC remote.

###########################
# xbindkeys configuration #
#
# Version: 0.1.3
#
# If you edit this, do not forget to uncomment any lines that you change.
# The pound(#) symbol may be used anywhere for comments.
#
# A list of keys is in /usr/include/X11/keysym.h and in
# /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h
# The XK_ is not needed.
#
# List of modifier (on my keyboard):
# Control, Shift, Mod1 (Alt), Mod2 (NumLock),
# Mod3 (CapsLock), Mod4, Mod5 (Scroll).
#
# Another way to specifie a key is to use 'xev' and set the
# keycode with c:nnn or the modifier with m:nnn where nnn is
# the keycode or the state returned by xev
#
# This file is created by xbindkey_config
# The structure is :
# # Remark
# "command"
# m:xxx + c:xxx
# Shift+...

#keystate_numlock = enable
#keystate_scrolllock = enable
#keystate_capslock = enable

#Exit
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Alt+F4'"
m:0x0 + c:22

#VolumeUp
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Up'"
m:0x0 + c:123
# XF86AudioRaiseVolume

#VolumeDown
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Down'"
m:0x0 + c:122
# XF86AudioLowerVolume

#Pause
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Return'"
m:0x0 + c:172
# XF86AudioPlay

#rewind
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Shift+Left'"
m:0x0 + c:175
# Control+Shift + Control_L

#Forward
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Shift+Right'"
m:0x0 + c:216
# XF86AudioForward

#
# End of xbindkeys configuration
(2016-01-05, 01:55)Jeremy White Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 01:12)logi85 Wrote: For Linux it seams that jwhite has a working solution. (https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f.../issues/13) just waiting for pull request so I could integrate.

I'll submit a proper pull request that does this a bit more cleanly when you install the plugin on linux, but it is school holiday week here so I am off on a road trip. I'll submit a proper pull request after this week but I feel bad that it will take me so long.

I tried a good half dozen ways to try to get this to work on a app-only basis and found drawbacks and corner cases that made each of those impractical. So the solution is to map the actual *keyboard* during the session running chrome and when chrome exits, map them back. Yes, it's a bit of a hack but it works flawlessly (and after trying all the other cleaner solutions I think this is the only painless and flexible way.) I can do this in the actual browser launching script in a temporary and clean way.

In the mean time if you hack a bit of linux you can follow my solution here :

you can install xbindkeys using apt-get

Modify your launchBrowser.sh file to start xbindkeys right before chrome is launched :

Here is the snippet:

>xbindkeys &
># notice the ampersand to send google chrome into back ground so that the script continues and we execute the xdotool below
>/usr/bin/google-chrome --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run --kiosk "$url" &

And then at the end of the file kill xbindkeys after chrome exits :

(last line in launchBrowser.sh)
>killall -KILL xbindkeys

Ok -- now you need a keyfile to control the mappings.

When you run xbindkeys it will create a .xbindkeysrc file usually in your root directory (the same one as the .kodi directory resides in)

Here is mine. It enables pause, rewind, forward, exit ... and most important for me the volume keys on my proper HTPC remote.

# xbindkeys configuration #
#
# Version: 0.1.3
#
# If you edit this, do not forget to uncomment any lines that you change.
# The pound(#) symbol may be used anywhere for comments.
#
# A list of keys is in /usr/include/X11/keysym.h and in
# /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h
# The XK_ is not needed.
#
# List of modifier (on my keyboard):
# Control, Shift, Mod1 (Alt), Mod2 (NumLock),
# Mod3 (CapsLock), Mod4, Mod5 (Scroll).
#
# Another way to specifie a key is to use 'xev' and set the
# keycode with c:nnn or the modifier with m:nnn where nnn is
# the keycode or the state returned by xev
#
# This file is created by xbindkey_config
# The structure is :
# # Remark
# "command"
# m:xxx + c:xxx
# Shift+...

#keystate_numlock = enable
#keystate_scrolllock = enable
#keystate_capslock = enable

#Exit
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Alt+F4'"
m:0x0 + c:22

#VolumeUp
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Up'"
m:0x0 + c:123
# XF86AudioRaiseVolume

#VolumeDown
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Down'"
m:0x0 + c:122
# XF86AudioLowerVolume

#Pause
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Return'"
m:0x0 + c:172
# XF86AudioPlay

#rewind
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Shift+Left'"
m:0x0 + c:175
# Control+Shift + Control_L

#Forward
"xdotool search --onlyvisible --class "Chrome" windowfocus key 'Shift+Right'"
m:0x0 + c:216
# XF86AudioForward

#
# End of xbindkeys configuration
Hi, I will try to integrate in the next days. This script is for mce remote (and lirc if it sends these keys) right? I think about about a choice in settings to enable this settings, like choosing the browser.
(2016-01-05, 01:12)logi85 Wrote: Hi, just uploaded version 0.4.5, please have a look on changelog. macos problems and 'cannot update playcount..' should now work. allso added a switch for x32 systems to launch the right chrome version on windows.

about remotes:
I know many of you are waiting for a solution. But I only use a CEC remote wich works out of the box. So someone else has to find a solution. If he does, I will integrate it.

Not sure where you find the time to do these updates so quickly, but it's certainly appreciated!! I'm at work at the moment, but will test the 'cannot update playcount...' issue when I get home.

My MCE remote seems to work out of the box too, just lucky I guess. I'm using the MCERemote add-on - not sure if that would affect things?
Thanks logi for keeping this addon alive.

Quick request, nothing critical but I have setup so when I chose a TV show it will autoplay the next episode. In NetfliXBMC, it was possible to browse the TV shows via the context menu, I don't see that option anymore. Is it something that could be added? I don't use it much but when I need it, it more convenient than going into the settings changing the "browse TV shows" option, browse then desactivate.
(2016-01-05, 00:53)adiadi Wrote: Seems to be working quite OKish so far.
Issues encountered:
- "Flix2Kodi: cannot update playcount. see logfile".
- the odd timeout and request to revalidate login
- cannot exit the thing from the remote (I can play/pause using the OK button, but cannot close the main Chrome window); the AHK script above doesn't work either.
My setup: Kodi 15.2, Win10 64 bit, Chrome latest, started as Chrome (not ChromeLauncher or something else)

I should've mentioned before that the AHK script ONLY maps alt-f4 to the zero (0) button. So hitting 0 should exit chrome. If your remote doesn't have that button it won't work, obviously.

What remote do you have?
(2016-01-05, 00:45)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 03:22)Shaddow825 Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 15:27)mhoogenbosch Wrote: The plugin is called 'Remote Control Chronium', you can download it form the following location: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...mitstart=0

btw, this is also the thread which led me to your plugin Smile

I am trying to figure out how to use it with my flirc since flirc emulates a keyboard. The flirc "remote" commands are seen as keyboard presses and not captured (best I can tell) by the remote control add-on. I guess I could program I whole new device into my remote to use when I am watching netflix but that is hardly user friendly.

are there log-entries about keystrokes in kodi-logfile? ('unknown action'...) if yes, I could add the keys to mapping. if not, I guess the keystrokes are sent to chrome window I cannot capture.

I'm not in front of it right now, but I'll check when I am. I suspect kodi does not see them since I am launching chromium through the chromium remote shell script. The chromiumremote author would probably need to intercept normal koi remote command keystrokes and map them as well as remote commands.
(2016-01-05, 00:54)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 05:04)Glyde62 Wrote: Doesn't seem to work in Edge for me, Just get message about clicking back

hi, yes edge-implementation is missing cause I have no edge or windows 10. Perhaps someone who uses win10+edge could provide a batch-script or cscript which launches an url in fullscreen. then I could integrate.

No clue how to get Edge to launch in full screen. To simply launch Edge, you have to use its protocol name, like this:

cmd.exe /c "start microsoft-edge:http://kodi.tv"

Perhaps after it opens, an <alt>-<F11> could be sent?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8