• 131(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
@wesk05, you've convinced me... cancelled my Tronsmart S95 order, just before it shipped it seems. I'm going to add your explanation to either wrxtasy's thread or post #1 here. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-05, 00:14)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, you've convinced me... cancelled my Tronsmart S95 order, just before it shipped it seems. I'm going to add your explanation to either wrxtasy's thread or post #1 here. Thanks.

Well I will keep you posted on any progress with the new Amlogic SDK. I still believe the Tronsmart is outputting 1080P 3D since the receiver tells me it detects 1080Px24 3D mode. Plus it looks good on my 55 inch Sony (which is not really a good test since my TV has the sony 3D bug playing in half the res. see: http://tweakers.net/reviews/3495/7/sony-...modus.html).

Will do some tests on my 3D Projector as soon as this product (hopefully) matures.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

@opeters, I was going to add a row for 3D subs in my next update of the comparison chart. What you basically said was that except for VidOn's original box, none of the boxes in the chart do proper subs if watched in 2D mode? In 3D mode, when I've watched 'Avatar', 'Captain America 2' and just recently 'The Martian', the forced subs looked fine (not behind any objects blocking readability).
My HT
Yes, plus the Mede8er works ok when playing ISO. No other media player I tried was doing this correctly.

Best look again and if you can read the forced subs without glasses it is wrong because if they were displayed correctly you would see two subs. I will make a picture and post it tomorrow.

I guess you don't own a 3D bluray Disk player?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

@hdmkv, can you do a VidOn external player test to confirm one way or another if VidOn are actually using an external player as they say they are and not modified Kodi AML code.

Instructions: HERE
And report results in that thread please.

PS. Just confirming you actually get a complete 3D MVC picture out of my WeTek OE Builds or is it split top/bottom. ?

Thanks.

(2016-01-05, 01:44)opeters Wrote: Yes, plus the Mede8er works ok when playing ISO. No other media player I tried was doing this correctly.

Best look again and if you can read the forced subs without glasses it is wrong because if they were displayed correctly you would see two subs. I will make a picture and post it tomorrow.

I guess you don't own a 3D bluray Disk player?
Haven't owned a Blu-ray player in ages. But, why would I watch a 3D movie w/subs w/o glassesHuh. Hopefully your picture will shed light as like I said when I watch 3D rips w/forced subs, I see no issues.

(2016-01-05, 01:45)wrxtasy Wrote: @hdmkv, can you do a VidOn external player test to confirm one way or another if VidOn are actually using an external player as they say they are and not modified Kodi AML code.

Instructions: HERE
And report results in that thread please.

PS. Just confirming you actually get a complete 3D MVC picture out of my WeTek OE Builds or is it split top/bottom. ?

Thanks.
Okay, let me do that shortly with my cheapo Beelink Mini MX S905 box; will report back. Re: WeTek Core OE (your OpenELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-6.0.0.3D.MVC.V3 build), I get a split top/bottom.
My HT
Double post, sorry.
My HT
(2016-01-05, 00:06)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 23:00)bobneal81 Wrote: I just downloaded the latest Milhouse build and 3D iso didn't work. 3D MKV's worked, but only if I named it "Movie.MVC.mkv". 3D .iso's wouldn't work regardless of the name.

Might be best to ask in the Milhouse thread. There has been a bug recently where 3D sometimes isn't switched automatically at start of playback. Using the 3D menu from OSD allows 3D to be enabled. It's been a pain to track down but I'm hoping tonight's build will make the 3D switch at start reliable.

Actually, they just posted the 1-04 build and now 3D iso's are working! Cool...
Hey hdmkv, I have explained how Vidon XBMC output the BD 3D (see here), and base on the conclusion on that topic, can you please remove the grey shadow on Vidon XBMC?
(2016-01-05, 02:06)hdmkv Wrote: Haven't owned a Blu-ray player in ages. But, why would I watch a 3D movie w/subs w/o glassesHuh. Hopefully your picture will shed light as like I said when I watch 3D rips w/forced subs, I see no issues.

If you only own the 3D version of the movie on disc, you'd expect it to play correctly on a 2D set-up too (that's the point of the 3D Blu-ray format being backwards compatible?) without having to buy a second 2D copy. I have multiple viewing locations - not all of them are 3D (in fact only one of them is). I'd expect a 3B Blu-ray to play back OK (with forced subtitles) on a 2D player and/or 2D display.

(I still have both 3D and 2D Blu-ray players in my set-ups, mainly so if someone brings a disc round to watch, or I get one from Amazon/Love Film rental, I can simply put it in and watch it without having to rip it first)
(2016-01-05, 02:06)hdmkv Wrote: Haven't owned a Blu-ray player in ages. But, why would I watch a 3D movie w/subs w/o glassesHuh. Hopefully your picture will shed light as like I said when I watch 3D rips w/forced subs, I see no issues.

W/O glasses just to verify that the subs are 2D Tongue.

Well here the Pics, that should explain it:

Vidon BOX (3D PGS Subs)
Zidoo X6 (2D PGS subs)
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/logitec...30892.html

hope this includes 3d mvc iso
(2016-01-05, 20:02)Skank Wrote: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/logitec...30892.html

Eh - that's a link about an RGB lit mouse?
(2016-01-05, 20:25)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 20:02)Skank Wrote: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/logitec...30892.html

Eh - that's a link about an RGB lit mouse?

Well if it does proper 3D I am buying, but I am afraid it does not come with a hdmi interface.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

The link is to a mouse, not a 3D device as noggin pointed out.
My HT
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17