• 132(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-05, 20:56)hdmkv Wrote: The link is to a mouse, not a 3D device as noggin pointed out.

Duh.. I am guessing he ment:
Shield TV v3.0

Nothing on 3D though.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Post #1 and chart updated again. Added 3D subs row, and confirmed HiMedia Q5 lacks forced subs support (see here)... does that warrant knocking its grade down to A-?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-05, 23:48)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 and chart updated again. Added 3D subs row, and confirmed HiMedia Q5 lacks forced subs support (see here)... does that warrant knocking its grade down to A-?

Depends if you need it, I did send the unit back for it.
I am guessing that most people don't need it since they watch the movie in their native language, but if the specs say 3D Bluray ISO than I would expect it to do it right.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

I don't think non of this players deserve A or A+, they are all lacking something...

Himedia Q5
1-Not easy to setup
2-SMB password not supported unless you run a hack

Raspberry Pi2
1-No Bitstream support (output All Audio to PCM)
2-Some ISO file plays with Green Micro-blocks(Pixelation)

Just my 2 cents
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-06, 00:03)movie78 Wrote: Raspberry Pi2

That's not correct. DD and DTS audio can be bitstreamed with no problem. I've done this for a long time with both a Pi 1 and a Pi 2. You definitely don't have to decode all audio to PCM. (Unlike some other players around)

It's only DTS-HD MA/HRA and Dolby True HD (aka lossless compressed HD Audio) that can't be bitstreamed. However because the Pi / Pi 2 supports multichannel PCM 5.1 and 7.1 output at 48/24 and 96/24 and 4.0 at 192/24 (unlike many players that only support PCM 2.0/DD/DTS) and because Kodi can now losslessly decode DTS-HD and True HD tracks the Pi can output lossless HD audio for 48k and 96k DTS-HD/True HD tracks (and 192k if they are 4.0 or less). Sure you don't get Atmos or DTS:x - but you do get a lossless audio, and PCM multichannel / FLAC multichannel etc. play losslessly too.

Not perfect - but for the price I'm not complaining. There aren't many other solutions at the price point that will deliver 3D MVC decode and HD Audio losslessly decoded to multichannel PCM...
(2016-01-06, 00:03)movie78 Wrote: I don't think non of this players deserve A or A+, they are all lacking something...

Himedia Q5
1-Not easy to setup
2-SMB password not supported unless you run a hack

Raspberry Pi2
2-Some ISO file plays with Green Micro-blocks(Pixelation)

Just my 2 cents

ive seen the green micro blocking, but i've watched at least 25-30 3d iso files on the pi2 and the only time ive seen green pixels is during maybe the first 30 seconds of a movie before any movie actually starts other than that its been flawless for me, can you recall a specific movie and if i have it i can check my copy to see if its a common thing.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Agree about Pi2... amazing for the price. Maybe OSMC Vero 2 will also do 3D; looks like same HD audio decoding as Pi2 (no bitstreaming).
My HT
I got a sample with the green macroblock corruption to Koying and we've determined it's in the ssif demuxing code.
It affects Android as well as Pi. Hopefully he'll discover what the issue is.
Excellent find, thanks. I thought it had to do with a less-than-perfect rip or possibly some playback bottleneck.
My HT
It only affects ssif/iso, so remuxing to mkv is a workaround until the problem is resolved.
It makes sense now why I was seeing this (sometimes, not always) in ISO's and not MKV's of the same discs.
My HT
(2016-01-06, 00:56)hdmkv Wrote: Agree about Pi2... amazing for the price. Maybe OSMC Vero 2 will also do 3D; looks like same HD audio decoding as Pi2 (no bitstreaming).

Will depend if the Vero 2 can do 5.1/7.1 PCM over HDMI - or bitstream HD audio. Will be interesting. The ODroid C1/C1+ is based on the same SoC - the AMLogic S805 (unless there are variants?) - and so far the ODroid is limited to PCM 2.0/DD/DTS. If Sam gets HD Audio and/or PCM 5.1/7.1 on the platform that will be great for C1/C1+ owners potentially. I think there are HD Audio closed source implementations on that SoC under Android - so it may not be a hardware, just a driver, limitation?

As for 3D - MVC may be possible on the S805. I've downloaded wrxtasy's latest attempt at 3D MVC (but with HSBS / HTAB rather than Frame Packed output) - but haven't had time to rip a 3D Blu-ray. (I have a few discs - but watch 3D so rarely I've not got rips on my server)
(2016-01-06, 00:21)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 00:03)movie78 Wrote: Raspberry Pi2

That's not correct. DD and DTS audio can be bitstreamed with no problem. I've done this for a long time with both a Pi 1 and a Pi 2. You definitely don't have to decode all audio to PCM. (Unlike some other players around)

It's only DTS-HD MA/HRA and Dolby True HD (aka lossless compressed HD Audio) that can't be bitstreamed. However because the Pi / Pi 2 supports multichannel PCM 5.1 and 7.1 output at 48/24 and 96/24 and 4.0 at 192/24 (unlike many players that only support PCM 2.0/DD/DTS) and because Kodi can now losslessly decode DTS-HD and True HD tracks the Pi can output lossless HD audio for 48k and 96k DTS-HD/True HD tracks (and 192k if they are 4.0 or less). Sure you don't get Atmos or DTS:x - but you do get a lossless audio, and PCM multichannel / FLAC multichannel etc. play losslessly too.

Not perfect - but for the price I'm not complaining. There aren't many other solutions at the price point that will deliver 3D MVC decode and HD Audio losslessly decoded to multichannel PCM...

To setup a complete Pi2, it cost more than $35, so we have to treat the Pi as any Android player..
It has it limitation just like any other 3D MVC player out there.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
What is the reason or perceived advantage of ripping 3D Bluray to ISO files over MKV? I think I'm missing something here.
(2016-01-06, 01:48)movie78 Wrote: To setup a complete Pi2, it cost more than $35, so we have to treat the Pi as any Android player..
Not much though - uSD card, USB PSU and case are all you need if you have CEC compatible TV. And loads of us have uSD cards and PSUs knocking around.

Quote:It has it limitation just like any other 3D MVC player out there.

Not many other players can do 3D MVC with Frame Packed output and HD Audio (losslessly decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1 not bitstream I agree) and proper 23.976/24.000p output though...
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17