• 134(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-06, 11:41)noggin Wrote: @brazen1 Many of us initially went down the HTPC route you suggest. The reality is that a PC with 20TB of storage is never silent. I much prefer to site my server in a location where noise is not an issue, and play content from it to various devices around my house. A Raspberry Pi 2 works for me as a client, as does a Chromebox. I have an HTPC in one location (Pentium Sandy Bridge based) acting purely as a Windows Media Center TV solution. This solves a different problem for me. We all have different requirements, different tolerance levels (I would never get away with a 20TB server in my living room...) It's horses for courses.

@brazen1 I also come from a HTPC solution. My need is proper 3D ISO support and that can't be done via Windows and PowerDVD, cause there is Cinevia. Then I always did have issues with Windows playing media like audio/sub sync issues, framerate issues, HDMI handshake issues after reboot etc. That's why I went for an other media player.

Can't help it but I need to make this remark again: MVC 3DMKV is not mature, since it does not have a way to support 3D PGS subtitles.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2016-01-06, 12:42)opeters Wrote: Can't help it but I need to make this remark again: MVC 3DMKV is not mature, since it does not have a way to support 3D PGS subtitles.

Huh

I have no issues with subtitles on MVC MKVs. None that I've noticed anyways. Unless I'm missing something again.
(2016-01-06, 12:48)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have no issues with subtitles on MVC MKVs. None that I've noticed anyways. Unless I'm missing something again.

There is currently no solution to store the subtitles 3D Plane data in the MKV file. This means the original PGS subtitles are displayed as 2D subtitles without depth and left/right information.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

(2016-01-06, 12:52)opeters Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 12:48)Dave the Minion Wrote: I have no issues with subtitles on MVC MKVs. None that I've noticed anyways. Unless I'm missing something again.

There is currently no solution to store the subtitles 3D Plane data in the MKV file. This means the original PGS subtitles are displayed as 2D subtitles without depth and left/right information.

Presumably this means that subtitles can appear to be 'behind' people that they are in front of then?
(2016-01-06, 13:30)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 12:52)opeters Wrote:

Presumably this means that subtitles can appear to be 'behind' people that they are in front of then?

Yes. Unwatchable for me since it is hard to focus on the 3D scene and the subs that way.
If you don't own an 3D Bluray Player but want to see how the subs should be displayed, you can rip an 3D ISO with "BD3D2MK3D" to make a SBS with burned-in subs.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

I've only had my Raspberry Pi2 / OpenELEC box for a few days and it's been awesome for 3D iso. I'd like to try Kodi on a Windows machine as well. I'm using a Windows 7 machine with a pretty fast i7 processor and I just ordered an ATI Radeon HD6450 that supposedly supports 3D movie playback. Can anyone offer tips? I had to use the Milhouse 01/04 build for 3D iso's to work on the Pi2...is there a special build to use for windows? Maybe one of these?:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/

Anything else to know about Kodi / Windows / 3D iso? Thanks!
(2016-01-06, 14:34)bobneal81 Wrote: Anything else to know about Kodi / Windows / 3D iso? Thanks!

There is currently no native 3D ISO support for Windows.
As far as I understand due to lack of information and interest "coders" are not able to use the 3D API's from the Intel, AMD and NVIDIA cards and the Pi is the only platform that is working natively.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Ah, too bad. I appreciate the response though!
(2016-01-06, 15:10)bobneal81 Wrote: Ah, too bad. I appreciate the response though!

3D wont work in Kodi in Windows, but you can watch 3D iso files with PowerDVD or possible other apps that support 3D MVC in windows.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-06, 15:30)dukester Wrote: 3D wont work in Kodi in Windows, but you can watch 3D iso files with PowerDVD or possible other apps that support 3D MVC in windows.

Yeah, that's what I'll end up doing. I've seen a few posts about launching different software from Kodi...I'll look into that.
I used to have a Windows 3D set-up a couple of years ago (forgetting which h/w) with TotalMedia Theater as my external player. It was under Windows 7, and the solution felt kludgy, and didn't have that just-turn-on-and-use set-top box experience.

Happy to add a column in the chart in post #1 for Windows-based h/w + s/w-combo solutions that support both full 3D and HD audio passthrough. I understand latter has been problematic for many.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
There is so much thread going on about VidOn and etc...

I just want to know where do we stand as for now with the Amlogic S905 devices,its 3D MVC working with VidOn XBMC or Koying Nightly release Kodi.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
S905 MVC currently works on the Minix U1 "XBMC for Minix" edition (HTAB only, as all AML as far as we know for sure).
Same will be true with future releases of SPMC, pending proper firmware support.
On AML S905 (I have a Beelink Mini MX), 3D is top/bottom as well with VidOn's XBMC app. Same is happening on WeTek Core (AML S812) w/wrxtasy's OpenELEC MVC build (using Koying's MVC hack). Hopefully firmware can fix output to 3D, even if not full 3D output.

Think only AML boxes where 3D is outputting in 3D mode (whether its full 3D is a debate in the VidOn thread) are the Minix X8-H+ & (per opeters) Tronsmart S95 (with stock firmware & preinstalled VidOn). I have a S95 coming tomorrow and will test.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-06, 16:33)Koying Wrote: S905 MVC currently works on the Minix U1 "XBMC for Minix" edition (HTAB only, as all AML as far as we know for sure).
Same will be true with future releases of SPMC, pending proper firmware support.

Thanks for the update...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17