• 188(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
I also don't really understand why fritsch left
(2016-01-04, 14:44)Koying Wrote: @FernetMenta That's not the point, here. I'm just trying to understand why @fritsch would be leaving while I don't see any reasons left.

same here
Fritsch, please come back. We already miss your bad jokesWink
At least it's a good thing that videoplayer, the new AE, and EGL have made it into Master. Kodi 17 is shaping up nicely Smile
I hate to ask a tech question while this is going on, but I will anyways. I tried to install OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch.tar on my new Beebox n3150 but the installer hangs on the first screen and I get a watchdog message about the CPU being at 100%, So I try and run it as LIVE, as soon as I see the KODI screen It hangs. I found somewhere that someone was having problems with the wifi/bluetooth card, So I pulled it out and everything works great with it pulled out, I put the card back in and now I am on the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.95-fritsch.tar release and it works fine. Seeing as it's not booting with the card in, I can't grab a log. I wanted you guys to be aware that there might be a driver issue, or who knows, I could be the issue too.
(2016-01-04, 20:10)rlegault Wrote: I hate to ask a tech question while this is going on, but I will anyways. I tried to install OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch.tar on my new Beebox n3150 but the installer hangs on the first screen and I get a watchdog message about the CPU being at 100%, So I try and run it as LIVE, as soon as I see the KODI screen It hangs. I found somewhere that someone was having problems with the wifi/bluetooth card, So I pulled it out and everything works great with it pulled out, I put the card back in and now I am on the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.95-fritsch.tar release and it works fine. Seeing as it's not booting with the card in, I can't grab a log. I wanted you guys to be aware that there might be a driver issue, or who knows, I could be the issue too.

It was exactly the same with me, so i have just stuck with x.95 and been problem free.
Same here on the boobox I stuck with the x.95.
Interesting was that on the Zotac Braswell CI320nano I was able to install x.98

Ps: Yes Fritsch we all miss you and your smart banter
So who's uploading the new builds?
fritsch will come back (at least I really hope so)...

(Although I fully respect his decision, but you should know we really miss you!)
I Miss the "no debug log no issue" posts Sad
(2016-01-05, 17:09)meowmoo Wrote: I Miss the "no debug log no issue" posts Sad

Me too Sad
(2016-01-05, 14:11)ilovethakush Wrote: So who's uploading the new builds?

The ghost of Fritsch clearly
I really hope he comes back too Smile
(2016-01-06, 00:18)jjslegacy Wrote:

So people confuse as handing in your contributor to project badge as a total and utter abandonment of all things kodi... Bizzare point of view.

Ive had a few people tell me, but wait you said....

One still can be just a simple Kodi user and still help not directly related things without it conflicting with a specific decision, immhho
(2016-01-06, 14:56)un1versal Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 00:18)jjslegacy Wrote:

So people confuse as handing in your contributor to project badge as a total and utter abandonment of all things kodi... Bizzare point of view.

Ive had a few people tell me, but wait you said....

One still can be just a simple Kodi user and still help not directly related things without it conflicting with a specific decision, immhho

I had to re-read that like 5 times to understand what you're saying, the way you wrote it is very confusing.

But YES, if someone quits being a Kodi DEVELOPER, it is assumed that they will stop DEVELOPING builds. So yes it is quite surprising to me that new builds are being uploaded, and it is very fair to wonder if it's fritsch doing it or somebody else. If it is him, which it probably is, that means he didn't really quit.

jjslegacy was clearly joking, and it got a laugh out of me
Kodi developing is developing for kodi, building kodi and posting builds isnt the same. Clearly.
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18