• 44(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
I'm so new to this skin, and it looks quite nice. Coming from other skins like eminence and Zephyr, I would like to know where does one change the way the menu bar looks etc? Or is that not an option?
Also, anyway to make the home menu icons bigger?
(2016-01-06, 21:05)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Also, anyway to make the home menu icons bigger?
Hmm, sadly, this is the part that is not fully customizable. You can set it to stick to any border or change the colors but not the layout. This is because the sidebar is my reference point for all other elements. Changing the size of it will move everything else or disturb the building process :/
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-06, 21:23)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 21:05)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Also, anyway to make the home menu icons bigger?
Hmm, sadly, this is the part that is not fully customizable. You can set it to stick to any border or change the colors but not the layout. This is because the sidebar is my reference point for all other elements. Changing the size of it will move everything else or disturb the building process :/
Okay thanks. Just a little small, but okay will just have to find a way around that.
(2016-01-06, 21:29)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Okay thanks. Just a little small, but okay will just have to find a way around that.

I can check in the next Update if I can make it a little bigger but It won't be more than the actual sidebar backgrounds height.

(2016-01-06, 21:33)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 21:29)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Okay thanks. Just a little small, but okay will just have to find a way around that.

I can check in the next Update if I can make it a little bigger but It won't be more than the actual sidebar backgrounds height.
Thanks alot, nice skin btw.
At first, great idea and great work with this skin. Now my questions.

1. Can i switch off the sidebar. Its a little bit strange, every time when i scroll trough the library the sidebar fades in, and that at every movie.

2. Is it possible to set the background wallpaper only for some blocs, for example bloc AA, AB, BA, BB and not for the complete background. Or create a second bloc for art?
(2016-01-06, 21:35)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 21:33)Jayz2K Wrote:

Made a quick test. Sadly, it somehow breaks the design.
However, I was making some attempts for something new here :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254901 ...

But it seems It's a pain to make this work at Library level, so since it's partially coded, I thought about moving this as an alternative home menu (in settings).
This will not be customizable (except the colors that are matching since KOver is the base). Can this be a solution ?

(2016-01-07, 14:07)barney stinsen Wrote: At first, great idea and great work with this skin. Now my questions.

1. Can i switch off the sidebar. Its a little bit strange, every time when i scroll trough the library the sidebar fades in, and that at every movie.

2. Is it possible to set the background wallpaper only for some blocs, for example bloc AA, AB, BA, BB and not for the complete background. Or create a second bloc for art?

Thanks

1. This can be easily added in the settings at Library level (already coded, just have to activate the option).

2. You can set your own picture as background for each bloc. Now not sure about what you want to achieve ... You mean setting the wallpaper as bloc background ? Actually Bloc3 is intended to show arts (like wallpaper fanart) and it resizes to the given parameters on the grid. A second art bloc is not planned for now because as I explained previously, KOver begins to be too much power hungry and this could cross the limits on some devices.

(2016-01-08, 10:32)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 21:35)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 21:33)Jayz2K Wrote: I can check in the next Update if I can make it a little bigger but It won't be more than the actual sidebar backgrounds height.

Made a quick test. Sadly, it somehow breaks the design.
However, I was making some attempts for something new here :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254901 ...

But it seems It's a pain to make this work at Library level, so since it's partially coded, I thought about moving this as an alternative home menu (in settings).
This will not be customizable (except the colors that are matching since KOver is the base). Can this be a solution ?

(2016-01-07, 14:07)barney stinsen Wrote: At first, great idea and great work with this skin. Now my questions.

Thanks

1. This can be easily added in the settings at Library level (already coded, just have to activate the option).

2. You can set your own picture as background for each bloc. Now not sure about what you want to achieve ... You mean setting the wallpaper as bloc background ? Actually Bloc3 is intended to show arts (like wallpaper fanart) and it resizes to the given parameters on the grid. A second art bloc is not planned for now because as I explained previously, KOver begins to be too much power hungry and this could cross the limits on some devices.
It can work yes as an alternative.

Only reason I asked about the size of the menu icons, is that if your eye sight is not good like mine, it does take a bit of strain. Smile

Also I don't know it this is a bug, but let's say I try and set a backgriund tor movies and Tv shows, I'm struggling to do it, as it keeps on kicking me out very quickly. Meaning that I can't set it, unless I do it fast
(2016-01-05, 21:07)Jayz2K Wrote: Thanks for the kind words ...

(2016-01-05, 18:31)Moneybear Wrote: Apologies if I have missed something

Nope, you didn't ... I DID ...

Was in my TO-DO list a long time ago but seems I missed it. Will add it in next Update Smile

I added on the github version. I cannot test for the moment but I have issues with upcoming recordings ...
Don't know if it's from the demo PVR or a KODI bug, recordings and timers icons work for everything current or previous, not next Huh
Willing to test ?

1. Added on github a 'HIDDEN' setting to the sidebar autohide option (Designer). So you can remove it (only when a 3x3 layout is active) ...

(2016-01-08, 10:54)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Also I don't know it this is a bug, but let's say I try and set a backgriund tor movies and Tv shows, I'm struggling to do it, as it keeps on kicking me out very quickly. Meaning that I can't set it, unless I do it fast

For home menu ? Can you be more precise ?

@Shogun :

Can I suggest you to rename your skin like KOver-ShogunMOD or something (also in addon.xml). Otherwise, you're going to be overrided with next update Wink
Cheers.

(2016-01-08, 13:07)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 10:54)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Also I don't know it this is a bug, but let's say I try and set a backgriund tor movies and Tv shows, I'm struggling to do it, as it keeps on kicking me out very quickly. Meaning that I can't set it, unless I do it fast

I have my own images I would like to use as background. However, in the settings, when I try and set background images say for Movies, Tv shows, it just keeps kicking me out too quick, and I don't have time to set it.

I'll try and get a few images or a video clip to illustrate
(2016-01-08, 15:25)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:07)Jayz2K Wrote:

I have my own images I would like to use as background. However, in the settings, when I try and set background images say for Movies, Tv shows, it just keeps kicking me out too quick, and I don't have time to set it.

Yes please. I've tried on my side to reproduce it in skinshortcuts (Home) and Designer but it never happens.
A debug log could also help.

Following my previous post for home, just made a quick matching custom view Wink :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2208525

(2016-01-08, 15:45)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 15:25)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 13:07)Jayz2K Wrote: For home menu ? Can you be more precise ?

Yes please. I've tried on my side to reproduce it in skinshortcuts (Home) and Designer but it never happens.
A debug log could also help.

Following my previous post for home, just made a quick matching custom view Wink :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2208525
That custom view looks awesome.

Jay is there a simpler way to put things together? Some of the designer option/template is sometimes a bit over whelming.

I love Kover, and think the concept is awesome. But just wondering as a download and go option, without tinkering in the designer option? Is there such an option? If yes, then I've missed it Smile
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18