AURA Live - Android TV Box - ATSC Tuner - DVR - Kodi - QWERTY Remote
Hi Kodi community!

Who is AURA Media?

I'd like to introduce our company and product to the awesome community here on Kodi.tv. AURA Media has been working for the past year to build and develop an all-in-one cord cutting solution that allows consumers to DVR live over-the-air TV without lacking streaming capabilities and an always up-to-date version of Kodi Media Center. We're a small startup, but our goal is to bring an affordable device with broadcast TV DVR capabilities and Kodi Media Center to the masses. Our first product, unveiled on December 23rd, 2015 is AURA Live.

What is AURA Live?

AURA Live is an Android TV box with a built in ATSC tuner that allows consumers to DVR broadcast television with no subscriptions, stream from their favorite apps such as Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. and an always up to date and optimized Kodi Media Center app. We've customized the Xperience1080 skin and modified it to be an intuitive and easy to use skin for those with little to no knowledge of Kodi. We'd like to give a big shoutout and thanks to Piers for the great work he's done on the original Xperience1080 skin.

Specifications:

AMlogic Quad Core Processor
1 GB Ram
4 USB ports
Ethernet Port
Bluetooth
WiFi
ATSC Tuner
MicroSD card slot

Why purchase an AURA device vs generic or other Kodi devices on the market?

With so many generic devices that can be purchased from China, we wanted to help educate consumers looking to purchase a device for Kodi Media Center. When purchasing a device from AURA media you're not purchasing a product from China with no warranty, or guarantee, or product support. With a device purchased from a generic hardware vendor, you get limited software, no support channels, unlikely to be updated, and no relation with the company. AURA Media is constantly updating and improving our software and you'll never be left with an outdated device with no support. We're a team working on our hardware and software to bring updates and support for all of our customers. We want to cater to the cord cutter and Kodi Media Center community to build the perfect device and support our customers in the best possible way. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and provide a 14-day guarantee and a 1-year warranty.

We'd love to answer any questions that you have about the product and about our company! We look forward to serving the community of Kodi!

More info about the product and website can be found here www.auramedia.tv
more precise specifications would be nice, but right off the bat, $149 and only 1Gb RAM?
Hi specs looks nice some questions:
1) The Soc is a allwinner? S805H? S805? S905?
2) It supports Dolby and Dts at external player?
3) can i use tvh to scan atsc channels like at wetek play?
4) you annouce netflix is it a fullhd compatible device at netflix or no drm (so only 480p)?
5) What means Optimized Kodi version posted at your website?
6) This box is twin tuner? Allow watch and record different channels at same time?
(2016-01-06, 05:45)XperImenT Wrote: more precise specifications would be nice, but right off the bat, $149 and only 1Gb RAM?
+1, which AML CPU exactly? 2GB RAM would've been better, but price may be justified as the remote is worth about $20 and an ATSC tuner is included. Also, price may be justified if AURA provides decent support to separate itself from most Chinese manufacturers.

Also for ATSC, which app are you providing for viewing and DVR capabilities? I know you can do it all via Kodi using a backend, but that's not as easy for many users.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
On their amazon page in the question they state it doesnt support 4k, 3d, 5.1, 7.1 and Atmos.

Hope @auramedia returns to provide details ... joined forum, posted once, and hopefully not disappeared Smile.
My HT
Sorry for the late reply everyone! We were in transit to CES Smile

In response to Xpirement,

Our SOC is an S805 that we've optimised with our firmware. Dolby support is currently unavailable but we will have it in the future. Yes, you can scan for channels and then receive an EPG where you can schedule shows to be recorded. Currently our netflix is not full HD but we are working on getting full HD, it's a tricky process on getting HD Netflix on devices. Our Kodi has a unique interface based upon the Xperience1080 skin to be a more modern UI to help people navigate and use Kodi who have never used it before. This box is a single tuner.

In response to HDMKV,

Our SOC is an S805 optimized for our firmware. 2GB is not possible with the 805 unfortunately. We can assure you that our customer will top any other TV set-top box company on the market. Our price is a slight premium but we hope that our software, support, and vision helps consumers justify the price, if not that's okay too.
I know you can do it all via Kodi using a backend, but that's not as easy for many users. Our software used to view Live TV is a modified DTV Viewer. We're looking into using Kodi to handle the Live TV software though.

I hope this answers your guys' questions, if not please feel free to ask us, we're here to help Smile

Team AURA
Thanks for answer my questions!!!
@AURA media

Welcome, firstly before we even get started with further postings..

Are you aware that if you are distributing a customised version of Kodi to run on this device you HAVE to abide by the GPL2 Licence obligations that come packaged with the Kodi Open Source Software ?

This means posting up links (when asked for) to your GitHub or similar, Kodi code sources if you are running a modified version of Kodi.
Just like we expect of every other customised version of XBMC or Kodi from a developer.
A very recent example of this is Sam Nazarko with his OSMC OS containing a customised Kodi that will be running soon on an AMLogic S805 (Vero2) as well:
https://github.com/osmc/osmc

If the modified Skin you are using for this device also carries a GPL Licence, then you will need to publish your modified source code for that as well, exactly like OSMC has already done and countless other companies.

Are you aware that the Linux Kernel in the AMLogic S805 also carries GPL licence obligations as well ?

This is just a friendly reminder, because the Kodi community of developers and users are taking these GPL licence obligations very seriously at the moment as you will see in this thread, regarding VidOn:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252356

I'm asking this for your benefit, to ensure all your GPL Ducks are in Row before shipping this device.

(2016-01-07, 03:22)auramedia Wrote: Dolby support is currently unavailable but we will have it in the future... Currently our netflix is not full HD but we are working on getting full HD, it's a tricky process on getting HD Netflix on devices... We can assure you that our customer will top any other TV set-top box company on the market. Our price is a slight premium but we hope that our software, support, and vision helps consumers justify the price, if not that's okay too.
Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't get my hopes up about Netflix HD, but maybe you'll succeed where many have failed (for Netflix to even speak w/them). Good luck. Re: Dolby "in the future", should be doable; here's a $41 S805 box that supports DD/DTS. $149 price for a S805 w/1GB still seems high, but w/tuner/DVR, that remote, and especially if awesome support, maybe worth the premium Smile.
My HT
Hearing " in the future" isnt really gonna work anymore with these Android boxes...

Basically same as wetekplay except no Dolby and dts and unknown support... one more chinese box.
So still no replace my play Sad and wetek is taking long to bring a new solution with dvr.
The unique aspect w/AURA is the included tuner w/DVR, which WeTek had w/their previous 'Play' box. This box may be of interest to general users (assuming it's easy to use), maybe less so to us demanding bunch.
My HT
It's just another version of the Chinese Android box the K1 Plus. Vensmile has a ton of these, this is actually their old box. Right now all the Chinese Android box sellers are toting around the upgraded Amlogic S905 penta core K1 Plus... But still only 1 gig of ram. And for just $50.00! On Amazon and Ebay. Another BS product...
To justify that price, it would need at least a dual tuner. How will you get the EPG, will it integrate Schedule Direct guide? Where would it store the recordings, NAS?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AURA Live - Android TV Box - ATSC Tuner - DVR - Kodi - QWERTY Remote0