• 47(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-09, 15:00)Jayz2K Wrote: @Moneybear : Seems it's a built-in control. Will check if this one can be set with a different label.

Thanks,

I know very little about skin creation, I just noticed that in confluence this pop up was titled, Add Timer, with ok/cancel buttons.

No worries if it can't be changed in KOver

Alan
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
So do I have to install via Git or the official Kodi Repo? I installed via the Repo
(2016-01-09, 15:00)Jayz2K Wrote: @Moneybear : Seems it's a built-in control. Will check if this one can be set with a different label.
Jay, any idea what is happening here with the text?

Yes, seems you have 2 dialogs opened the same time. I don't manage dialogs the same way other skins do and developped my own stack management. Is this an isolated case or does it always happen ?

EDIT : If you want to use the most up to date release, use the github version. If you want to get auto Update, use the repo one. But Updates will come less often since I can't spam the push request listing.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Jayz2K,

2 Quick questions, then I will be quiet for a while ;-)

1. When viewing the EPG, is there a setting I can change to hide the channel name.? The channel logo would be enough for me, as showing the name as well takes up a lot of the screen.

2. When scrolling through the EPG, the programme pictures showed here, are different from the ones used when selecting a programme and viewing the programme information. The programme information ones are the ones provided by the PVR addin, where as the ones used when scrolling through the guide are coming from elsewhere, and so are often missing or incorrect. Can the guide use the same show images as the programme information dialog?

Thank you :-)
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
(2016-01-10, 13:37)Moneybear Wrote: Jayz2K,

2 Quick questions, then I will be quiet for a while ;-)

1. When viewing the EPG, is there a setting I can change to hide the channel name.? The channel logo would be enough for me, as showing the name as well takes up a lot of the screen.

2. When scrolling through the EPG, the programme pictures showed here, are different from the ones used when selecting a programme and viewing the programme information. The programme information ones are the ones provided by the PVR addin, where as the ones used when scrolling through the guide are coming from elsewhere, and so are often missing or incorrect. Can the guide use the same show images as the programme information dialog?

Thank you :-)

1. I think this can be easily done because a 1 column EPG size shows icon only. So it's already coded and only need a condition to switch this but since the designer doesn't care if it's epg or not, this can't be added to the designer but as a skin setting instead.

2. Will check. Those should be the same. One thing you have to check also is that the epg image is activated in skin.helper addon.

(2016-01-09, 15:50)fantasticn Wrote: Still the small main menu keeps me from using the skin permanently on all my machines. My wife said it is to small for her and she cannot tell just from the icons in what section she is in.

Regards,

FantasticN

Had an idea today. I will work on something in the next days. I maybe can change the menu size / layout as a layer when widget is not selected using animations. This should keep the reference point and let other parts working without any code change.

Will post a preview if things go fine.

(2016-01-10, 12:54)Jayz2K Wrote: Yes, seems you have 2 dialogs opened the same time. I don't manage dialogs the same way other skins do and developped my own stack management. Is this an isolated case or does it always happen ?

EDIT : If you want to use the most up to date release, use the github version. If you want to get auto Update, use the repo one. But Updates will come less often since I can't spam the push request listing.
Yeh seems like an isolated incident. I'll use the Git version and see what happens. Thanks
(2016-01-10, 20:25)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 15:50)fantasticn Wrote: Still the small main menu keeps me from using the skin permanently on all my machines. My wife said it is to small for her and she cannot tell just from the icons in what section she is in.

Regards,

FantasticN

Had an idea today. I will work on something in the next days. I maybe can change the menu size / layout as a layer when widget is not selected using animations. This should keep the reference point and let other parts working without any code change.

Will post a preview if things go fine.
I'm also waiting on this Smile just a bit too small, but I'm managing for now.
(2016-01-10, 20:49)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: I'm also waiting on this Smile just a bit too small, but I'm managing for now.

I know ... I can't make multiple quotes on tapatalk Wink

For the 2 dialogs issue, it can happen in some rare cases. Sometimes, my visibility condition is slower to trigger than the window opening.

Current development of alternative menus :

Home menu option : MEDIUM size, horizontal + bottom + viewtype set as PVR

Home menu option : LARGE size, vertical + left + viewtype set 2/3

Still have some work to match all configs. Need also some cosmetics adjustments (clock and date) and animations but can be used in all positions with any viewtype.
I will maybe also rebuilt the autobuild presets to make the "FULLSCREEN" and "TWO-THIRDS" with the new options. This will have to be set from skin settings > General.
I didn't include it in the Designer (no need since it doesn't matter which viewtype is set). As you can see, 3 entries will be available : DEFAULT, MEDIUM, LARGE.
I'll come back with a video preview ASAP.

Feel free to comment.

(2016-01-11, 15:19)Jayz2K Wrote: Current development of alternative menus :

Home menu option : MEDIUM size, horizontal + bottom + viewtype set as PVR

Will this just be an option?

Just asking as my family like the small icons Wink

They all use the pictures above the menu bar which say 'Movies' 'Live TV' 'Music' to check they are on the correct option.

Alan
(2016-01-11, 16:16)Moneybear Wrote: Will this just be an option?

Just asking as my family like the small icons Wink

They all use the pictures above the menu bar which say 'Movies' 'Live TV' 'Music' to check they are on the correct option.

Alan

Yes, it is. I too am using the small icons for a max view. I always keep things provided by default (I don't think my wife will agree to adapt the visual changes everytime Cool )

I'm the same regarding default home menu icons, the block bar is big enough to clearly indicate where you are. It's also easier to see submenu items or widgets compared to screenshot of medium size horizontal.

I do like the vertical menu, it's one of my personal favourites for a home menu layout, nice work as always Jay.
Oh, that is big icons then. And the menu bar is covering 20 percent of the screen. Well, I like the names of the categories to be shown, but I think you should use smaller icons - if any.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18