• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
This is awesome! Worked a charm out of the box. Very VERY happy to have Netflix back in the picture on my setup! Thank you so much Smile
I don't know if anyone is able to help me, because my setup is a littlebit exotic, but i'll try anyway Big Grin :

So i have a Qnap TS-453mini with KODI 15.2 installed from the QNAP AppCenter.
It is Intel NAS with QTS (which is based on 64 bit Ubuntu as far is i know).

Long story short i get the : ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher Error.
I tried to install various versions of python-crypto via ipkgs and if i connect via putty start python and enter "from Crypto.Cipher import AES" all works fine, but Flix2Kodi still can't find the module.

I assume that the Kodi from the app center uses another python installation (one that i could not locate as for now).
Is there anything i can do ? I sat here for hours and tried everything i could think of but i cant get Flix2Kodi to use my python-crypto installations.

Seting PYTHONPATH and installing other python versions with pycrypto did nothing.
(2016-01-10, 22:11)Tyrannmisu Wrote: I don't know if anyone is able to help me, because my setup is a littlebit exotic, but i'll try anyway Big Grin :

So i have a Qnap TS-453mini with KODI 15.2 installed from the QNAP AppCenter.
It is Intel NAS with QTS (which is based on 64 bit Ubuntu as far is i know).

Long story short i get the : ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher Error.
I tried to install various versions of python-crypto via ipkgs and if i connect via putty start python and enter "from Crypto.Cipher import AES" all works fine, but Flix2Kodi still can't find the module.

I assume that the Kodi from the app center uses another python installation (one that i could not locate as for now).
Is there anything i can do ? I sat here for hours and tried everything i could think of but i cant get Flix2Kodi to use my python-crypto installations.

Seting PYTHONPATH and installing other python versions with pycrypto did nothing.

Perhaps aes not included since export restrictions? Perhaps compiling by yourself would help.
I have used eventghost and finally got everything working the way I like. But as mentioned earlier if I choose to pick continue watching from the context menu I get the issue with Internet Explorer or chrome where after you close the browser it shows Kodi for a moment then the show starts again in an endless loop. If I select the episode directly it works fine. I also noticed that continue watching used to be a visible option without having to hit c on the keyboard to get the context menu then select it. It used to show up under movies or tv shows. Was that option removed for a reason? Is the fact that it was removed the reason why it now keeps restarting the show after I close the browser?
Okay I've been searching this thread and I haven't found anyone else with this problem...

When I launch a show from my library I can't use my remote!
I'm using OpenELEC, Chromium Launcher and Control Chromium by Remote. I figured out that I needed to add a Flix2Kodi profile in the Control Chromium by Remote settings to get my remote working when launching from the addon.

Anyone have any idea what profile I need to add to get it working when launched from the library?
Just a little feedback for other Windows users...

Even though flix2kodi works great, and a lot of effort has been put in to it, it is unable to play 5.1 sound(so far). So if you are interested in 5.1 sound use the original Netflix app in W8/10 (I am on W10)

short walkthrough:
- install launcher4kodi to open Kodi on windows (you can select the kodi shell as well, but that doesn't work so well for me)
- install http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/ to be able to control the netflix app with your remote (pay attention to the right version) (read through the docs page)
- install Advanced launcher (AL) from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...83V2s/view and make an AL for the Netflix app
- add the AL for netflix to favorites, and you can add to your homescreen in Kodi.

When you select it you will go out of Kodi and into a fullscreen netflix app with 1080p and 5.1 sound.

This is just another way for windows users that are looking for 5.1 sound...

edit: make my AL shortcut a little clearer :-)
(2016-01-10, 22:43)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 22:11)Tyrannmisu Wrote: ...

Perhaps aes not included since export restrictions? Perhaps compiling by yourself would help.

I tried compiling on the QNAP because i dont have any other linux device right now, and i just got a new error every time i could solve one, so i finaly gave up.

My Solution (Even if very ugly):
Extracted a Deb64 pre compiled python-crypto package and copied the Crypto-directory into the flix2kodi plugin directory.
Now it works just fine.

I could not get flix2kodi to use any installed python-crypto installation.
But that's not the fault of the plugin, so thanks for the great work ! Smile
Wonderfull it works... at least till I open the video.

Now I have one major issue: it always resets the view to Right List even if I choose better visual for the menu.
Why ?
Is it possible to fix it?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2016-01-11, 15:01)Cassiuss Wrote: Just a little feedback for other Windows users...

Even though flix2kodi works great, and a lot of effort has been put in to it, it is unable to play 5.1 sound(so far). So if you are interested in 5.1 sound use the original Netflix app in W8/10 (I am on W10)

short walkthrough:
- install launcher4kodi to open Kodi on windows (you can select the kodi shell as well, but that doesn't work so well for me)
- install http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/ to be able to control the netflix app with your remote (pay attention to the right version) (read through the docs page)
- install Advanced launcher from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...83V2s/view and make an AL for the Netflix app
- add the AL for netflix to favorites, and you can add to your homescreen in Kodi.

When you select it you will go out of Kodi and into a fullscreen netflix app with 1080p and 5.1 sound.

This is just another way for windows users that are looking for 5.1 sound...

how you get back to kodi? via remote?
also in my settings of launcher4kodi I've set to reset focus to kodi every 5 sec (if not on top) which settings have you used?
Win Alt W should work. And just allow netflixremotcontroller.exe to get focus in the Launcher4Kodi Settings. This is how it works for me. Unfortunately this tool does not support Netflix parental control PIN (which you cannot disable here in Germany). Therefore Flix2Kodi is my choice.
(2016-01-11, 22:54)saustark Wrote: Win Alt W should work. And just allow netflixremotcontroller.exe to get focus in the Launcher4Kodi Settings. This is how it works for me. Unfortunately this tool does not support Netflix parental control PIN (which you cannot disable here in Germany). Therefore Flix2Kodi is my choice.

I do not have Win ALT-W on remote Smile I will remap some buttons Smile

Question: what it means:make an AL for the Netflix app

?!?
AL = advanced launcher
Hi,

Question about the library side of this addon, I've installed and configured and I can connect and see the various options and movies etc, some problems with playback but haven't looked into them yet, but I followed the steps in the 1st / 2nd post in the thread to add to my library. I created 2 new sources but the movies and tv folders are empty?

Is there something else I have to do to get these folders to populate and then be able to scrape into my library?

Running on Win 8.1 with Kodi 16 beta 4.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-01-11, 23:19)saustark Wrote: AL = advanced launcher

Smile
Ok I managed to have it working. Question: were you able to change a key? I've not understood what to write in the hotkeys.ini

For everyone: the chrome/edge/firefox/etc... player does not support 5.1 audio. All silverlight/HTML5 are not yet 5.1 enabled.
The only way to get 5.1 is the external app.
Adding a bit: in hotkeys.ini the keys should be in Auto Hot Key short notation (here https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm under modifier)
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8