• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
(2016-01-11, 23:19)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Question about the library side of this addon, I've installed and configured and I can connect and see the various options and movies etc, some problems with playback but haven't looked into them yet, but I followed the steps in the 1st / 2nd post in the thread to add to my library. I created 2 new sources but the movies and tv folders are empty?

Is there something else I have to do to get these folders to populate and then be able to scrape into my library?

Running on Win 8.1 with Kodi 16 beta 4.

Mike.

perhaps "add to library" via context-menu? ;-)
(2016-01-11, 22:47)m.savazzi Wrote: how you get back to kodi? via remote?
also in my settings of launcher4kodi I've set to reset focus to kodi every 5 sec (if not on top) which settings have you used?

I have made a shortcut to the NRC app, and added the stopbuttonquits option (to see how check:http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/docs.html under "configuration)

If I look further down the thread it seems like you have solved the other issue, correct? (unable to check my settings atm, but I have left everything as is after installing)

Also, for people that are not desperate for 5.1 I think Flix2kodi is actually the nicer option.. The NRC works ok, but not always... I hope Netflix will support a keyboard control in the netflix app so you will be able to do it with a remote with official support...
(2016-01-11, 06:58)loki131 Wrote: Okay I've been searching this thread and I haven't found anyone else with this problem...

When I launch a show from my library I can't use my remote!
I'm using OpenELEC, Chromium Launcher and Control Chromium by Remote. I figured out that I needed to add a Flix2Kodi profile in the Control Chromium by Remote settings to get my remote working when launching from the addon.

Anyone have any idea what profile I need to add to get it working when launched from the library?

i am afraid it won't work with a specific "profile" name. the remote functionality will only be enabled when a certain addon is active. but i can add a fallback if no addon is in use.
(2016-01-12, 01:05)logi85 Wrote:

Question about the library side of this addon, I've installed and configured and I can connect and see the various options and movies etc, some problems with playback but haven't looked into them yet, but I followed the steps in the 1st / 2nd post in the thread to add to my library. I created 2 new sources but the movies and tv folders are empty?

Is there something else I have to do to get these folders to populate and then be able to scrape into my library?

Mike.

Thanks Logi85 and for the work you have done.

This is movie by movie then? is it not possible to add All of Netflix into the library at once?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Agree with Cassius, the Flix2Kodi is a nicer method of playing back Netflix and works very well with Kodi.

The NetflixRemoteController app is ok, but often acts sporadically when trying to control Netflix pages. Stop, Play, FF are hit and miss at best, closing the app is also a bit of a pain. Sometimes it closes sometimes not, Full screen when starting playback (at least for me) does not work. I still see the scroll bar down the right had side along with the windows controls at top left.

cwh
(2016-01-12, 10:34)marv_el Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 06:58)loki131 Wrote: Okay I've been searching this thread and I haven't found anyone else with this problem...

When I launch a show from my library I can't use my remote!
I'm using OpenELEC, Chromium Launcher and Control Chromium by Remote. I figured out that I needed to add a Flix2Kodi profile in the Control Chromium by Remote settings to get my remote working when launching from the addon.

Anyone have any idea what profile I need to add to get it working when launched from the library?

i am afraid it won't work with a specific "profile" name. the remote functionality will only be enabled when a certain addon is active. but i can add a fallback if no addon is in use.

That would be great! Regardless of the addon that launches it, doesn't everything open in a chromium window? Would it be easier if the script targeted chromium? I'm probably missing something but thank you for all of your hard work.
(2016-01-12, 13:20)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 01:05)logi85 Wrote:

Mike.

Thanks Logi85 and for the work you have done.

This is movie by movie then? is it not possible to add All of Netflix into the library at once?

Mike.

hi, for now, yes
Still a good looking netflix app. you guys are good. One request. I just installed Safari for windows to try with 1080p viewing and to find if there is any compatibility for remote control functions. Problem I have is that I configure this netflix app for safari and it does not bring up the Safari window. I pretty much expected this as most Safari installations would only be on an Apple machine. Now I looked back at the original post and did a search for customizing the launch for browsers and everything I am trying is not working. The N00b in me.Is there anyway for me to get advice on if and how this would work on the Flix2Kodi app for Windows 8.1 x64?

Update:
I have confirmed on my side that safari on windows 8.1 does not stream netflix on my pc. Tried uninstalling silverlight and reinstalling it also. Don't know if there is anything I can do if it requires HTLM5. I am pretty sure Safari is supposed to be HTLM5 compatible. So anyway, don't worry about fixing Flix2Kodi addon for it unless someone can get Safari for windows to successfully stream.
hey
the plugin always updates database after adding a movie or tv show to it, although the corresponding setting is turned off.
Could you please fix that?
I'm adding a lot to database and scrape it later manually with Ember Media Manager, so this is really annoying :-)

Regards
Hi!

Thanks for the Add-On! It looks good, but for some reason doesn't work on my HTPC. It works fine until I select actually to view something and then it just opens a blank new tab on my browser (netflix.com), which remains black & finally states "something went wrong...". What did I miss?

W10, 15.2 Kodi, Chrome installed as main web browser.

...and sorry if this is a stupid question - I'm new to Kodi but really tried to go through the Thread
hi guys, just released 0.5.0, a lot of changes & fixes, hope you enjoy ;-)
(@Horates, try this version, if not works try to clear cookies/session in options)

and, perhaps, someone could send me a draft png (256x256) for a new logo ;-)
(2016-01-13, 02:08)aas88keyz Wrote: Still a good looking netflix app. you guys are good. One request. I just installed Safari for windows to try with 1080p viewing and to find if there is any compatibility for remote control functions. Problem I have is that I configure this netflix app for safari and it does not bring up the Safari window. I pretty much expected this as most Safari installations would only be on an Apple machine. Now I looked back at the original post and did a search for customizing the launch for browsers and everything I am trying is not working. The N00b in me.Is there anyway for me to get advice on if and how this would work on the Flix2Kodi app for Windows 8.1 x64?

Update:
I have confirmed on my side that safari on windows 8.1 does not stream netflix on my pc. Tried uninstalling silverlight and reinstalling it also. Don't know if there is anything I can do if it requires HTLM5. I am pretty sure Safari is supposed to be HTLM5 compatible. So anyway, don't worry about fixing Flix2Kodi addon for it unless someone can get Safari for windows to successfully stream.

hi, safari for windows support ended ~ 2012, there is no HTML5 playback at all. and the silverlight support is only listed for macos-safari on netflix. So I think there will be no possibility to use safari+windows+netflix together.
(2016-01-14, 01:17)logi85 Wrote: hi guys, just released 0.5.0, a lot of changes & fixes, hope you enjoy ;-)

Fantastic update, thanks so much! The suggestions are working perfectly, as are the add/remove from My List. My menus have also been cleaned up, which makes it much easier to understand.

I do notice that the views seem to change intermittently. For example, I have my views in the config set to 'Big List' (skin: mimic, viewID: 507). When I first go in to view MyList, it shows as a regular List (not BigList). If I make a change (i.e. remove a movie) when it updates, it shows as BigList, but then when I go back up the menu, everything else continues to show in BigList format.

It's a minor issue, but thought I'd raise it as it's different to how it was working previously.
One other question I have, hoping someone can help me with - it's not so much a Flix2Kodi issue, but relates to how I use Flix2Kodi.

I have Kodi set up to hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity, which it dutifully does, generally as I'm 15 minutes through a Netflix show! I realise Netflix is using Chrome, which is outside of Kodi, and Kodi is idle for those 15 minutes. But is there possibly some way that I could execute a script when the show starts playing to disable the sleep timer, and then re-enable the sleep timer when the show is stopped or the Chrome screen closes? There's a similar thread here involving AdvancedLauncher, but I'm not sure I really understand it or whether it applies to my situation.
The Callbacks addon might do what you want: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256170
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8