• 143(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-12, 15:19)Dave the Minion Wrote: Well again, this thread isn't for people looking for a 2D only box.

I'm not looking for a 2D only box. But if there is no good 3D box with HD audio, CEC and so on, maybe I am obligated to buy a good 2D box instead of a lacking 3D box.
Picture quality and being able to control both TV and player with a single remote is also my top priorities. That being said, I'm here to find out is there any player with that qualities that can also play 3D. Smile
(2016-01-12, 23:01)Big.bud99 Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 15:19)Dave the Minion Wrote: Well again, this thread isn't for people looking for a 2D only box.

I'm not looking for a 2D only box. But if there is no good 3D box with HD audio, CEC and so on, maybe I am obligated to buy a good 2D box instead of a lacking 3D box.

(2016-01-13, 00:21)ma9ick Wrote: Picture quality and being able to control both TV and player with a single remote is also my top priorities. That being said, I'm here to find out is there any player with that qualities that can also play 3D. Smile

Go for the RPi2
(2016-01-09, 17:29)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 11:41)Shasarak Wrote: For 3D rips I'm interested in something that can decode HD audio to multi-channel PCM rather than just passing it through as bitstream. Can the HiMedia Q5/Q10 do that? And I gather the R Pi 2 can (right?) but what resolution is the eventual signal (e.g. 24/192, 24/96 etc.?
I believe Himedia Q5/Q10 can decode HD audio & pass as PCM (RAW or PCM options are in their Android settings; also native LPCM 5.1/7.1 already pass fine).
I've just had the following email from Himedia:
Quote:Me: If it's playing a video file that has a DTS-HD MA soundtrack, is it able to decode the soundtrack and output the result as 7.1-channel PCM on its HDMI output?

Them: About your question, if it is playing a video file that has a DTS-HD MA soundtrack, it is able to decode the soundtrack, but output the result as 2.0-channel PCM on its HDMI outout. TKS.
So that doesn't look too promising. Sad

I've actually figured out a way to get HD audio from my Mede8er MED600X3D into my Oppo 105D: if I rip the movie using MakeMKV and use the "FLAC" profile then makemkv "losslessly" converts DTS-HD MA into 7.1 channel FLAC; the Mede8er is capable of decoding FLAC audio and outputting it as 7.1 channel PCM; and the Oppo is able to handle that.

So I may just stick with the Mede8er for a bit. Which, I guess, disqualifies me from membership of this forum; so I guess I'd better get out of here before the mob arrives with pitchforks and lit torches.... Confused
Is Dolby Atmos and DTS-X something that can be fixed on Rpi2 in the future or is it simply not possible to do on this system? Just curious...
You'll get 7.1 PCM from DTS:X... tested with 'Ex Machina' BD.

HiMedia is discontinuing the current-gen Q5, and possibly Q10, it appears to focus on the 2016-gen Q-whatever with the new HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 chip.

If you've been on the fence about Q5/Q10, grab one as who knows what the new players will be like when first they're released in March.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Ahh ok. So only Dolby atmos will give no sound? I dont have speakers or avr that support it but always nice if you have a file with those audiotracks its playable on 5.1 system with truehd or dts-hd ma
Dolby Atmos will play as 7.1 PCM,because every ATMOS movie also contain 7.1 TRUEHD Track.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@dsenseb, with ATMOS and DTS:X, you'll get 7.1 multichannel audio output via Pi2 (next best thing to passthru), or it can downmix to regular DD/DTS 5.1.
My Family Room Theater
For the Hisilicon fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfZTaKVVDXU
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Uyesee S100... never heard of this company. I'd wait for HiMedia's box w/same chip in March.
My Family Room Theater
You see the big KODI logo in the Video, i am wondering how is that Kodi is not getting any royalties from manufactures using their brand to sell their product.
Because the trademark policy states.

Use any of the XBMC Foundation brand logos or application icons as a link to a XBMC Foundation related service, in a manner that satisfies the other Guidelines.
Use any of the XBMC Foundation brand logos or application icons to show that your product is compatible with our products.

But the funny part is you cant use this way

Use the XBMC Foundation marks in a way that might imply a XBMC Foundation partnership with, or endorsement of, your product or business.

Which then one argues are you using it for the top way or the bottom way.
Anyone with a hisilicon contact that could send me a sample?
So much good is said that I'd like to give it a try...
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17