v15 No HDMI audio choice in settings
I have Kodi running on a lot of systems, but I was trying today to get it working on my Mythbuntu 14.04 backend. That system has Mythtv-Frontend working fine with HDMI Audio. However, when I play a recorded TV program or LiveTV, I have video and no Audio. I went to system/setting/audio and I have only choices related to Pulse Audio.

I have turned on debugging and uploaded the log. see info below:

http://xbmclogs.com/pproqku0q
Could you try to start kodi with:

Code:
AE_SINK=alsa kodi

from command line and aee if that helps
(2016-01-13, 00:49)David1977 Wrote: Could you try to start kodi with:

Code:
AE_SINK=alsa kodi

from command line and aee if that helps

From the command line it allowed me to select the Intel PCH HDMI port connected to my A/V receiver and I have audio.

So the question is how to I make this work permanent so I can us it from the "start" menu?
Here's an update. I don't fully understand it, because I don't know which audio system is used on a standard Mythbuntu 14.04.3 system, I don't use it as a frontend except to edit some videos, usually with Mythtv Frontend.

So I install pavucontrol. Running that gui, I was able to configure the audio of the system to work via the HDMI 5.1 audio system. So youtube works. Mythtv-frontend still works and has the audio set as "ALSA:hdmi:CARD+PCH,DEV=1" note the system is a Intel PCH with HDMI output.

when I run kodi (without the AE_SINK), I now have a new audio choice of Built-in Audio Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI), HDMI/DisplayPort 2 (Pulseaudio). Selecting that choice I now have Kodi 5.1 audio.

It'd be nice to understand it, but...
In short: http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
In shorter: If you want alsa always, remove pulseaudio
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HDMI audio choice in settings0