• 48(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
@Kokonutcreme

Thanks

I agree. This was done that way. I always kept my original idea in mind (also for my personal use). That's why the default will not change and new devs are purely accessories / hobby Wink ...). Even if I don't really change the look of my setup, I like being able to change things without recoding a whole skin.

The vertical menu was something I had in mind since a long time, need to be polished a little more but I'm satisfied with it. The vertical one isn't that bad too Wink ... but they are mostly for use in fullscreen mode (I mean non PVR users like me).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-11, 23:19)fantasticn Wrote: Oh, that is big icons then. And the menu bar is covering 20 percent of the screen. Well, I like the names of the categories to be shown, but I think you should use smaller icons - if any.
@fantasticn

I'm not plenty satisfied with the medium option. It needs some more work on this one. I have to find the good balance but not easy since I can't touch the way the viewtype works. The optional sizes are just layer in order for things to work.

Also, not shown on screenshot but all bigger menus will collapse to the actual sidebar size when widget / submenu has focus !

I think this is the minimum I can set for medium size for this to work horizontal and vertical :

MEDIUM HORIZONTAL :

MEDIUM VERTICAL :

LARGE VERTICAL :

LARGE HORIZONTAL :

I have to work now on animations for those to collapse correctly to the standard size when widget / submenu has focus.
Sould be ready during the week.

KOver 0.71.0

Github Updated.
Introducing Home menu styles.

Feedbacks welcome Wink

Preview :

EDIT : @Moneybear : I tried to add a function to keep only icons in the EPG but I get a KODI crash everytime I set it. Have to investigate. I know that it's a sensible part of code that made me crazy because sizes of each guide elements work only with precise values. I don't know why but to deal with the resizing feature + needed values from KODI is not easy. I'll keep you posted if I get something out of this.

Medium size menu is looking good for me now! Will try it tomorrow. Again thanks for your hard work!
(2016-01-12, 17:46)Jayz2K Wrote: EDIT : @Moneybear : I tried to add a function to keep only icons in the EPG but I get a KODI crash everytime I set it. Have to investigate. I know that it's a sensible part of code that made me crazy because sizes of each guide elements work only with precise values. I don't know why but to deal with the resizing feature + needed values from KODI is not easy. I'll keep you posted if I get something out of this.

Thank you for looking at having just icons in the EPG

Do not waste too much time, it may be something that Kodi does not allow Confused

Alan
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear : KODI allows it but I already noticed that sizes have to match somehow ratio with the timeline. I had to test dozen of configs for it to work like today but seems the values don't match when just showing icon. This has no sens but it's something I'm aware of. There should be a solution but not that straight forward.

EDIT : Made some design fine tuning on alternative menus Wink

HAHA ! Sometimes ideas come with new things Tongue

Added option in Designer to override the Bloc4 picture from Home (Home Art) by current playing video :

Awesome work Jay
(2016-01-13, 22:40)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Awesome work Jay
Thanks, will try to also add extrafanart and visualisation in Home Bloc 4 for consistency Wink (when video on top is selected) ... Should be done tomorrow.

Also I would like the vertical menu not to keep focus on top of the list but have to make some code refactor then ...

Hi Jay

Did you have any luck with images in the EPG?

In the screenshot below, the image in the bottom right of the screen is the programme image which is shown when scrolling through the EPG - in this case the wrong image Sad

If you press 'i' on a show, the PVRinfodialog box is shown, and the image in the top right is displayed. This image comes from the PVR add in, and this is the correct image Wink

Is there any way to get the PVRinfodialog images when scrolling through the guide?

Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear :

Ah, I see now. So your PVR addon returns a thumb by itself ? (which one are u using ?).

Since my addon doesn't return any, I connected skin.helper to do so. Skin.helper searches for a picture on YouTube with the following arguments ListItem.Title + ListItem.ChannelName. However, sometimes it returns something wrong when it find popular movie instead of a tvshow having the same name.

So if your addon already have a thumb, I have to bypass this. Will check.

(2016-01-14, 00:06)Jayz2K Wrote: @Moneybear :

Ah, I see now. So your PVR addon returns a thumb by itself ? (which one are u using ?).

I use the DvbLink (Dvb Logic) add on

Thanks

Alan
First time I see thumbs returned by DVBT, this is something I would like to get here too. So, I need to see how I can manage condition but seems doable. This will be a blind attempt because I don't have thumbs to test so will keep you in touch for testing.

Cheers

(2016-01-14, 00:22)Moneybear Wrote: I use the DvbLink (Dvb Logic) add on

As said, it's a blind attempt since I can't test it myself. The logic would be your addon return a ListItem.Art(thumb) but not sure and this is I think my only option to compare.
Github has been updated, let me know.

I added the audio visualisation to Home bloc 4 when option is set for viewtype.

Cheers

• 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18