v16 [solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default
Hi, I'm sure Fritsch or one of the Linux Kodi Guru's can pinpoint me on to the target.

I need to setup a distro of OpenELEC (AMLogic) Kodi Jarvis to ship with Deinterlacing off by default and have been hunting but have not found the missing piece of the Kodi code ?

Any help appreciated. Smile

That's not doable via kodi but easy to do with sysfs, see: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...it#L60-L61

On current AMLogic architecture - the "black box" does everything by its own - try:

Code:
echo rm default > /sys/class/vfm/map
echo add default decoder ppmgr amvideo > /sys/class/vfm/map
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
May I ask: why? Render to interlaced resolution?

Here kodi's GUI / overlays are not interlaced ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
no.

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all
Na - you want that it scales / postprocesses and so on.
Got it sorted by just killing the Software deinterlacing, the AML Black box does a far better job. Been testing Black Hawk Down DVD .ISO and all looks good. Smile

ok.
Please - be more verbose and could you test both our ideas above? I am just reading the code - so I might be wrong. Seo has that hw at home and most likely is right here.

Btw. on AMLogic there is no sw deinterlacing involved ... so whatever you just did has nothing to do with amlogic.
Sorry, be rereading what Seo wrote, he is right - but my command should do exactly the same. He only disables DI separately, that's what I also do by removing it from the vfm ...
- Disable mpeg2 AML Hardware decoding for .vob files only ie DVD ISO Rips. We then get ffmpeg Software.....
- From the Video OSD (and LinuxRendererGLES.cpp), Turn off Deinterlacing completely. Its not needed, let AML handle the deinterlacing.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...erGLES.cpp

Now all I need is a way to permanently Post Process when Software decoding ffmpeg mpeg2.

When sw decoding this AML path is fully _not_ in use ...

What you want is changing defaults for DEINTERLACE_METHOD_AUTO to DEINTERLACE_METHOD_OFF in kodi
Yes exactly what was done with Deinterlacing and that has permanently solved the issue.

And yes when I flip Post Processing toggle, I'm likely dreaming that I see better mpeg2 video.
AML VPU does a nice job of it tho, so cannot complain. Smile

(2016-01-14, 16:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes exactly what was done with Deinterlacing and that has permanently solved the issue.

And yes when I flip Post Processing toggle, I'm likely dreaming that I see better mpeg2 video.
AML VPU does a nice job of it tho, so cannot complain. Smile

If we output with EGL - no AMLogic stuff is involved, no decoder, no deinterlacer, no postprocessing.
Ok gotcha now, slowly wrapping my head around it all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default0