Req PVR add-on for MediaPortal 2?
(2015-09-08, 23:21)mcelliott Wrote: I was under the impression that TVE3.5 was not released yet. Is this wrong?
It is still in alpha state, but very very promising.
MP Developers have published some binaries. For me server part is useable.
Bye,
sdf
(2015-09-08, 21:57)margro Wrote: I won't start on a plugin for 3.5 without any information about the things that need to be changed.
Hi Margro,
bumping this thread cause I've read from MP forum that "All other TvServer plugins (that are not included) won't work inside MP2-Server yet. The reason is the changed database access layer (EntityFramework) and changed class/interface structure requires plugins to be rebuilt."
Don't know if this can be useful or not, though.
Thank you,
sdf
also interested.
FYI,

I've just uploaded a new TVServerKodi plugin for the TVServer that should be compatible with MediaPortal 2 summer '15.
Version, v1.12.0.130 is compatible with the TVServers from both MediaPortal 1 and MediaPortal 2.

See: TVServerKodi website
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks margo, great work. At least I know it'll be there for when I make the switch from MP1
(2016-01-14, 22:12)margro Wrote: I've just uploaded a new TVServerKodi plugin for the TVServer that should be compatible with MediaPortal 2 summer '15.
Version, v1.12.130 is compatible with the TVServers from both MediaPortal 1 and MediaPortal 2.
I'm getting all confused by the MediaPortal TVServer releases.

Does this mean that the PVR add-on now support TVEngine 3.5? Or just that it supports TVEngine 3 running in MediaPortal 1 and 2?
Just that it supports TVE 3. This TV Server is identical between MePo 1 and 2, but the MePo 2 version uses an SQLite database and that was not supported by my TVServerKodi addon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
hi margro I can't find the 1.12.130. What is the link?
@Bjur: I meant version 1.12.0.130 Wink
Anyway, the direct link: MediaPortal_v112_TVServerKodi_plugin_bin_rev130.rar
is it right that the new tv-server (from mediaportal 2) doesnt need my-sql anymore?
(2016-01-15, 21:54)Ed76 Wrote: is it right that the new tv-server (from mediaportal 2) doesnt need my-sql anymore?
Yes!
Hi,
is there any benefit using Mediaportal 2 over Mediaportal 1 since I only use it for kodi TV Server part?

I don't care that Mediaportal 2 doesn't use MySQL : my setup already include a working MySQL databases for Kodi and Mediaportal 1.
(2016-01-18, 12:34)propergol Wrote: Hi,
is there any benefit using Mediaportal 2 over Mediaportal 1 since I only use it for kodi TV Server part?

I don't care that Mediaportal 2 doesn't use MySQL : my setup already include a working MySQL databases for Kodi and Mediaportal 1.
If you don't want to use the MediaPortal 2 client and MySQL is working for you without problems, than no need to change. The TVEngine is the same! So no new or better features, but because of the database change, not all TVServer plugins are supported yet.
(2016-01-16, 19:54)pünktchen Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 21:54)Ed76 Wrote: is it right that the new tv-server (from mediaportal 2) doesnt need my-sql anymore?
Yes!

thanks for info. is it possible to export/import channel list from old tvserver (mp1) to new tv server (mp2)?
(2016-01-22, 19:58)Ed76 Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 19:54)pünktchen Wrote:
Yes!

thanks for info. is it possible to export/import channel list from old tvserver (mp1) to new tv server (mp2)?
Yes, also nearly all the settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR add-on for MediaPortal 2?0