• 49(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2016-01-14, 14:13)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 00:22)Moneybear Wrote: I use the DvbLink (Dvb Logic) add on

As said, it's a blind attempt since I can't test it myself. The logic would be your addon return a ListItem.Art(thumb) but not sure and this is I think my only option to compare.
Github has been updated, let me know.

I added the audio visualisation to Home bloc 4 when option is set for viewtype.

Cheers

Hi,

I have updated from Github but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference, the images are still different.

I don't know how the pvr addon sends the image to Kodi. The information for the image comes from the XML TV Guide data, which includes an <icon> tag, like this..

<icon src="http://images.atlas.metabroadcast.com/pressassociation.com/webANXHomeAndAway6308.jpg" />

So I don't know if the addon passes the image or the url Confused

But, I do know, that when using the confluence skin, the image which is displayed in the bottom left of the guide is the image from the addon.Big Grin

Is there any way to find out what the confluence skin uses to display the image when scrolling through the guide?

Thanks for trying Wink

Alan
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
@Moneybear :

So it's ListItem.Icon then. That's for giving me some hard time :p (joking) ... It's fairly easy to display this but the problem is that ListItem.Icon is somehow specific and displays different things ... so it's mostly "never empty" (for ex. If your xml has icon empty, it will return the channel logo instead). If I want to keep skin.helper image as fallback, I need ListItem.Icon empty or try to find a much more complicated condition (if it exists) to pass through.

Will try again tomorrow now I know the infolabel required Wink

Confluence image is always OK just because it doesn't use skin.helper script. When PVR addon doesn't provided this thumb, you only get the channel logo. With skin.helper, I at least get in 90% the right thumb.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-15, 00:01)Jayz2K Wrote: That's for giving me some hard time :p (joking) ...

Confluence image is always OK just because it doesn't use skin.helper script. When PVR addon doesn't provided this thumb, you only get the channel logo. With skin.helper, I at least get in 90% the right thumb.

Sorry, I should have mentioned confluence before. Blush Maybe I should learn about skins myself (For my job I write web based systems with ASP & SQL Server, so computer languages are not totally alien to me)

Is there a way to make it a setting in the skin, to either have ListItem.Icon OR skin.helper, rather than trying to have both together?
If not, would it be possible to create a ListItem version of the pvrguide which I could manually copy into the skin folder?
Kodi 16 Beta 5, Front Ends: Fire TV & Minix Neo Z64 Win10 Both with KOver Skin, Backend: Win10, Emby & DVBLink PVR With 6 DVB-T Freeview Tuners
(2016-01-15, 00:14)Moneybear Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 00:01)Jayz2K Wrote: That's for giving me some hard time :p (joking) ...

Sorry, I should have mentioned confluence before. Blush Maybe I should learn about skins myself (For my job I write web based systems with ASP & SQL Server, so computer languages are not totally alien to me)

Is there a way to make it a setting in the skin, to either have ListItem.Icon OR skin.helper, rather than trying to have both together?
If not, would it be possible to create a ListItem version of the pvrguide which I could manually copy into the skin folder?

You're reading my mind Wink ... I already have an option in skin settings (Enable PVR thumbs). I can rename it to what it is intended for as "Force search for PVR thumbs" and use ListItem.Icon as fallback. So if you desactivate it, you will get your ADDON thumb by default. This is a really quick change and it makes sense. Will do that Smile

Oh and forgot to change the Timer Settings Labels (Add Timer) ... will do that too Wink

PS : You should give a try to the skinning engine, I didn't know writing a single line of code a little more than one year and you can build some great things. With your experience, you should get it fast !

Wow I am having a great time playing with this skin! Woo!

I have a question about setting home menu backgrounds. So when I set each home screen window to the same multi-image background folder, it doesn't preserve the wallpaper from the previous menu but instead, switches the background as if I had selected a different image. This is not the behavior you see with most skins when you select the same source for wallpaper between menu items, and isn't the behavior of Kover when, for example, you select fanart as the background source. Is there any way to fix this problem? Additionally, would it be possible to include a global fanart option?
Played with vertical home menu and really like it but didnt expect the video OSD to also orientate vertically as well.

Is it possible to maintain a horizontal position with vertical home menu?
(2016-01-15, 05:49)wex101 Wrote: Wow I am having a great time playing with this skin! Woo!

I have a question about setting home menu backgrounds. So when I set each home screen window to the same multi-image background folder, it doesn't preserve the wallpaper from the previous menu but instead, switches the background as if I had selected a different image. This is not the behavior you see with most skins when you select the same source for wallpaper between menu items, and isn't the behavior of Kover when, for example, you select fanart as the background source. Is there any way to fix this problem? Additionally, would it be possible to include a global fanart option?

Thanks, glad you enjoy KOver Smile

This background issue is something I already figured out. That's because KOver handles viewtypes for Home. It's been coded in KOver's own skinning engine and is not KODI feature. So that's why you won't see this happening in other skins so soon.For explaination, each main menu item displays a viewtype and scrolling the menu switches from one to another like if you switched Poster view to Fanart for ex. in Library. That said, it explains that the Rotating Background is reseted at each icon focus because it's a "new window".
I have some doubt about being able to compare the value to make them to stick with the previous one but can give it a try. What do you mean by "global fanart option" ?

(2016-01-15, 07:30)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Played with vertical home menu and really like it but didnt expect the video OSD to also orientate vertically as well.

Yes, It's something I planned to rewrite. I did that because it followed the KOver's own skinning engine rules but I'm not sure many people are using the vertical option if the menu isn't set to large. Even if they did, also not sure switching the OSD makes sense. Honestly, I don't like it and would prefer to stick to a standard bottom horizontal control bar (also allowing more design options since I'm no more locked by the rules).

What you guys think ?

(2016-01-15, 00:14)Moneybear Wrote: Is there a way to make it a setting in the skin, to either have ListItem.Icon OR skin.helper, rather than trying to have both together?

Should be fixed. Just ensure "Force search for PVR thumbs" in Skin settings > general is unchecked.
Timer window is also fixed Wink

(2016-01-15, 10:54)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 07:30)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Played with vertical home menu and really like it but didnt expect the video OSD to also orientate vertically as well.

Yes, It's something I planned to rewrite. I did that because it followed the KOver's own skinning engine rules but I'm not sure many people are using the vertical option if the menu isn't set to large. Even if they did, also not sure switching the OSD makes sense. Honestly, I don't like it and would prefer to stick to a standard bottom horizontal control bar (also allowing more design options since I'm no more locked by the rules).

What you guys think ?

I'd prefer the standard horizontal control bar, switching the OSD if home menu setting is configured to vertical doesn't make much sense to me.
(2016-01-15, 10:54)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 05:49)wex101 Wrote: Wow I am having a great time playing with this skin! Woo!

What do you mean by "global fanart option" ?

Some skins include in skin settings a global fanart option where the same image(s) is applied to all home menu items at the same time.
(2016-01-15, 11:18)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 00:14)Moneybear Wrote: Is there a way to make it a setting in the skin, to either have ListItem.Icon OR skin.helper, rather than trying to have both together?

Should be fixed. Just ensure "Force search for PVR thumbs" in Skin settings > general is unchecked.
Timer window is also fixed Wink

Hi Jay,

The guide images are now working perfectly Big Grin

And the Timer window also has the OK/Cancel options Big Grin

This is now working really well for us, the rest of the family find this skin the easiest to use, with the other skins there were always lots of questions, and problems getting stuck in option menus. Not so with KOver. Big Grin

Sent you a small Pledgie donation in recognition of all the time you have put into this, and the fact that this skin brings all the investment in hardware to life, its all useless without a good interface.

One more question...... Blush

Just thinking about the channel list view....

Could the image in the bottom right corner be Listitem.icon, rather than the channel logo?

Thanks Again

Alan
(2016-01-15, 12:34)Moneybear Wrote: This is now working really well for us, the rest of the family find this skin the easiest to use, with the other skins there were always lots of questions, and problems getting stuck in option menus. Not so with KOver. Big Grin

Sent you a small Pledgie donation in recognition of all the time you have put into this, and the fact that this skin brings all the investment in hardware to life, its all useless without a good interface.

Many thanks Blush Really appreciated ... also for helping to improve / fix KOver.

Quote:Could the image in the bottom right corner be Listitem.icon, rather than the channel logo?

Erm ... Also changed it ... so it is. That's what I explained with the ListItem.Icon containing different images depending if they are available or not.
Seems that the xml is valid only for EPG and not sure you have picture available for Channels list (do you in confluence ? Or by opening the info dialog ?).
To detect if there is an available picture, I will make a quick mod allowing you to choose in Designer the Art Type so you can check them all.

I unlocked the Bloc3 type in the Designer. Can you edit the concerned view and try to apply Poster / Thumb / Fanart ? (the others won't return anything). If something found it will display otherwise, the Channel Icon is fallback.

(2016-01-15, 11:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Some skins include in skin settings a global fanart option where the same image(s) is applied to all home menu items at the same time.

Thanks, have you one in mind I can check ? Not that it's hard to do but since there's already 2 places in KOver to set it differently, adding a third could make things confusing. I have to find something convenient ...

(2016-01-15, 13:45)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 11:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Some skins include in skin settings a global fanart option where the same image(s) is applied to all home menu items at the same time.

Thanks, have you one in mind I can check ? Not that it's hard to do but since there's already 2 places in KOver to set it differently, adding a third could make things confusing. I have to find something convenient ...

I imagine the option would go under the autobuild section of the skin, since it would replace all user set wallpaper images within the home menu editing section. It would be really convenient for a user like me who likes having one single congruent source for wallpaper images. Otherwise, I have to set each home section individually.

I just have to say, I am amazed at how easy the view designer is to use. I went into this skin last night planning on spending a couple of hours just playing with it, then switching my skin back to what I already had set for the family. By the time I was done last night, I was able to figure out how to completely make all my own views, edit all areas of the home screen, and configured the most pleasantly simplistic and attractive skin I have ever had on my machine. I didn't have to switch back at all last night. Going through the instructions I expected things to be really complicated, but that just simply wasn't the case!
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18