• 39(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2016-01-11, 08:48)mjc2264 Wrote: I still seem to be having some issues though. This is the debug log:

please post he entire log to xbmclogs.com.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Good evening , excuse my English, I am French .

I use Kodi with the theme AEON Nox and yatse application remote control.
there is the possibility to add a comand Yatse .
I would like to hide / show the lyrics in one click.

How can I add command
knowing that Yatse suggested adding this type of control :

" Remote Button"
"keyboard key"
" execute built-in"
" JSON -RPC command"

suggestion : pressing "L" key could hide or display lyrics .

Thank you very much for your help
(2016-01-11, 20:35)djjbx Wrote: Good evening , excuse my English, I am French .

How can I add command

" Remote Button"
"keyboard key"
" execute built-in"
" JSON -RPC command"

no idea if that could be done... let alone with one key.

first you would need to disable 'show lyrics automatically' in the addon settings.
this command will run the script: RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)
this command may (not 100% sure) stop it: Dialog.Close(script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml)
if that doesn't work, try: StopScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-01-11, 21:47)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 20:35)djjbx Wrote: Good evening , excuse my English, I am French .

How can I add command

" Remote Button"
"keyboard key"
" execute built-in"
" JSON -RPC command"

no idea if that could be done... let alone with one key.

first you would need to disable 'show lyrics automatically' in the addon settings.
this command will run the script: RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)
this command may (not 100% sure) stop it: Dialog.Close(script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml)
if that doesn't work, try: StopScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)

thanks for your fast answer.
i have disabled 'show lyrics automatically".
when i put in "built in command" : RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)

work perfectlly, i can see lyrics.

but with this 2 command Dialog.Close(script-cu-lrclyrics-main.xml) or StopScript(script.cu.lrclyrics), don't work, can't hide lyrics.
have you got another idea ?

thanks very much
Dialog.Close(all) will work (but also closes any other dialogs).
(2016-01-12, 12:33)ronie Wrote: Dialog.Close(all) will work (but also closes any other dialogs).

Thanks, i have found another possibility, just click on the back arrow and close lyrics.

i'm verry happy !Rofl
(2016-01-11, 14:02)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 08:48)mjc2264 Wrote: I still seem to be having some issues though. This is the debug log:

please post he entire log to xbmclogs.com.

Kodi: 15.2
CU LRC: 3.2.1

http://xbmclogs.com/p03vibpov

This is a run of loading up kodi, navigating straight to a song with an LRC file, and playing (trying to minimize junk in the debug log). You see it mention trying to retrieve lyrics - nothing ever shows up. Not even a fallback scraper.

22:53:18 T:8396 DEBUG: CU LRC Lyrics: failed to get artist and title from filename

Seems unable to grab the necessary info out of the filename?

Thanks,
Mike
I changed line 70 in utilties.py from:

elif ( ADDON.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) == "4" ):

to

elif ( __addon__.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) == "4" ):

That seemed to stop the exception from throwing:

except:
# invalid format selected
log( "failed to get artist and title from filename" )

But it still seems to glide right over my local files to scrapers. This is a log after my hand edit showing that:

http://xbmclogs.com/pef5elgcz/xfskb3/raw
Okay...I figured out why.

I was under the impression that the search_file option was all that needed to be turned on to search for existing lrc files and use them.

But based on the get_lyrics_from_file def in gui.py, it appears that "save_lyrics2" must also be true. This also causes all lyrics found by scrapers to get saved with my songs, which I don't really want.

Wouldn't it make sense to separate these out? By simply changing the second conditional in get_lyrics_from_file to:

if __addon__.getSetting( "search_file" ) == "true":

I seem to get behavior that's more consistent with the way the options read.

Thanks,
Mike
yeah, i admit the settings descriptions are far from clear.
i've been updating them a few days ago to better describe what they actually do.

the two 'save lyrics to...' settings are used for both searching for local lyrics files as well as saving them to that location.

if i understand you correctly, you want to search for lyrics in one (or both) location(s), but save them to the other location?

there's currently no such option.
(2016-01-13, 13:43)ronie Wrote: yeah, i admit the settings descriptions are far from clear.
i've been updating them a few days ago to better describe what they actually do.

the two 'save lyrics to...' settings are used for both searching for local lyrics files as well as saving them to that location.

if i understand you correctly, you want to search for lyrics in one (or both) location(s), but save them to the other location?

Actually, that's not what I'm aiming for (different locations).

I just think that the search_file should drive the "I'm going to look for a local file in format %N - %A - %T".

I do not think the saving feature (save_lyrics2) should also have to be turned on in order for the above action to work. Because in my eyes, a "save/write" feature is now required to be on for the functionality of a "get/read" feature.
(2016-01-13, 21:53)mjc2264 Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 13:43)ronie Wrote: yeah, i admit the settings descriptions are far from clear.

Actually, that's not what I'm aiming for (different locations).

I just think that the search_file should drive the "I'm going to look for a local file in format %N - %A - %T".

it does, but you also need to specify in which folder to look. the addon can search in multiple folders.
the (incorrectly named) 'save lyrics to..' setting is used for that.

(2016-01-13, 21:53)mjc2264 Wrote: I do not think the saving feature (save_lyrics2) should also have to be turned on in order for the above action to work. Because in my eyes, a "save/write" feature is now required to be on for the functionality of a "get/read" feature.

true, read/write are tied together. there's currently no option to separate the two.
perhaps one day...
Hi there,

I've been playing about with this addon for a little while now, and after much trial and error I believe/hope I finally understand why it isn't working for me - and I assume for everyone else - using Amber and PleXBMC.

It works beautifully for locally sourced media when the Filename Format under options is exactly matched to the naming structure that Kodi assigns to music, and it's such a great feature I've been determined to get it to work with PleXBMC, but so far I've been unable to. I'm hoping it's because this Filename Format is slightly different, and if that is the case would it be possible to allow an option to change the naming structure to accommodate PlexBMC?

I'm not 100% sure what it should be, so I've linked a couple of screen shots:

http://i.imgur.com/wR0swkp.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xs6u622.png
please follow the steps in the first post to provide a debug log
(2015-11-02, 22:51)ronie Wrote:
(2015-11-02, 20:09)Ubel Wrote: I understand having tags and the information they contain much improves the search, but why can't it search off folder names (formatted as "Artist - Album") and then file names for the track name?

if tags are unavailable, cu lyrics does try to find lyrics by using the path/filename.
but since people name and organize their music in various ways, you have to tell the addon about how you format the filename and what your directory structure looks like.
there are various formats supported by the addon:
  • artist - title.ext
  • tracknumber artist - title.ext
  • artist\album\tracknumber - title.ext
  • artist\album\title.ext
you can select the one that applies to your setup in the addon settings:
Options > Filename format

in case none of the options fits your track naming scheme, let me know and i'll see if i can add it.

Hi Ronie!

I have the latest nightly build of Jarvis (RC) installed and an up to date CU LRC Lyrics addon.
All my music is tagged and the file structure is %A/%B/%N - %T
*(%A/%B/%N %T in your addon. But you say that this structure is supported by CU LRC)
If not both criterias (artist & title are met CU should not download a lyric and it seems to be happening a lot.
Just by playing "KISS - Rock And Roll Over" as an example I get 8 out of 10 LRC/TXT files from KISS, 1 Beatles and 1 Papa Roach . I can't understand how that is possible if the addon reads both artist & title and only downloads if both criterias are met.
I have been getting quite a lot of wrong lyrics lately and wondering why this happened.
I started looking for bugs and I think I found one.

When I turn off the tag reading ("Use only filename for search") in the addon settings the lrc files suddenly loses the track number in the process of being read and saved. Very strange since it should be read perfectly from the file structure.
Listing or file names becomes "Artist -- Title.lrc" OR "- Title.lrc".
It seems like the addon is unable to read the tracknumber when the file is named "Tracknumber - Title.mp3", which should be supporter right? When I change it to "Tracknumer Title.mp3" the addon reads the file perfectly in filename mode.
Also the song title within the lrc file gets an "-" added to the beginning of the title.
Any IdeasHuh

Could there be a bug preventing the addon from reading from file correctly when using the "-" sep?
I would hate having to rename all my music (50 000 + songs). If this is not supported could you please add the support for the seperator "-" in file name search?

Also, since you have an option for removing Chinese text why not also include Korean etc. since you now seems to be using Korean scraper sites?

Thanks a bundle for a great addon by the way. Kudos!
PS! If you have any tips on how to further improve my matching hits frequency with the scrapers and deny the addon downloading any lyrics that doesn't macth both criterias (artist & title), please let me know...

Link to the log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/pjp2h7yvs
Link to more info like screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ui6e790kdkjs0...krFka?dl=0
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1