• 70(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-01-17, 14:11)Thanasis159 Wrote: Where can someone buy the core nowadays? It seems out of stock in their site.

(2016-01-17, 22:17)sandogo1 Wrote: Where is the best place to buy one of these units and is the core the best were has to offer?
Not hard to find.

Amazon £150: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WeTek-CORE-core/...wetek+core

Ebay £94: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WETEK-CORE-Aml...Sw5dNWl-mX

Or you can play it safe and support Wetek directly by waiting for them to come back into stock on their site.
Amazon sells it 50% more expensively than their official store. I am willing to wait for wetek, but does anyone know is there is an eta for it?
(2016-01-18, 12:29)Thanasis159 Wrote: Amazon sells it 50% more expensively than their official store. I am willing to wait for wetek, but does anyone know is there is an eta for it?

To be fair - that's not Amazon selling it, it's a reseller called sotel-electronics.
Edit, wrong post.
(2016-01-18, 12:39)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 12:29)Thanasis159 Wrote: Amazon sells it 50% more expensively than their official store. I am willing to wait for wetek, but does anyone know is there is an eta for it?

To be fair - that's not Amazon selling it, it's a reseller called sotel-electronics.
And I wouldn't buy from them because they are making money by doing virtually nothing!
When is wetex gonna be back in stock ... Is there anywhere in where in the US to buy?
Just a quick heads-up for those interested in HD audio. droidelec was nice enough to send me a private test PCM fix update patch. As we know, AML hasn't delivered on bitstreaming yet for S812, but this fix courtesy of Christian does an excellent job of decoding HD audio formats and delivering them as uncompressed multichannel PCM to your AVR (same as Raspberry Pi). It needs a little work to fix minor kinks I found, but just something cool to look forward to for all of us Big Grin!

Hang on to Core... appears excellent development work is on-going. Already impressed to date (23.976, performance booster, Android TV launcher, encouraging 3D MVC MKV/ISO progress, and now this).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-19, 00:32)hdmkv Wrote: Just a quick heads-up for those interested in HD audio. droidelec was nice enough to send me a private test PCM fix update patch. As we know, AML hasn't delivered on bitstreaming yet for S812, but this fix courtesy of Christian does an excellent job of decoding HD audio formats and delivering them as uncompressed multichannel PCM to your AVR (same as Raspberry Pi). It needs a little work to fix minor kinks I found, but just something cool to look forward to for all of us Big Grin!

Great news. Unless you need Atmos or some dial norm metadata-y stuff then a 5.1/7.1 PCM output losslessly decoded should be fine.
(2016-01-19, 00:32)hdmkv Wrote: Just a quick heads-up for those interested in HD audio. droidelec was nice enough to send me a private test PCM fix update patch. As we know, AML hasn't delivered on bitstreaming yet for S812, but this fix courtesy of Christian does an excellent job of decoding HD audio formats and delivering them as uncompressed multichannel PCM to your AVR (same as Raspberry Pi). It needs a little work to fix minor kinks I found, but just something cool to look forward to for all of us Big Grin!

Hang on to Core... appears excellent development work is on-going. Already impressed to date (23.976, performance booster, Android TV launcher, encouraging 3D MVC MKV/ISO progress, and now this).
Excellent news! Wonder when the masses will see this update/fix.

For WeTek to decide, but the patch is pretty close to working as it should. Gotta appreciate WeTek's desire to vet improvements before wide release... unlike the Zidoo's out there.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-19, 03:14)hdmkv Wrote: For WeTek to decide, but the patch is pretty close to working as it should. Gotta appreciate WeTek's desire to vet improvements before wide release... unlike the Zidoo's out there.

Zidwho?! Wink

LOL... they had a beta test group set-up, which they've completely bypassed. Too bad, as rushing to release firmware updates that don't deliver just leaves bad taste(s) in users' mouths.
My Family Room Theater
Yes the 7.1 HD Audio to PCM Multichannel decoding was a nice surprise Smile

There is an impressive amount of development and bug busting work being pumped into the Core on the Android Side by the talented Christian Troy. Then you have Codesnake who is beavering away with AMLogic on the Kernel and drivers side of the equation, achieving much welcome results.

OpenELEC for the WeTek Core has very recently been added into the Master OpenELEC GitHub repo as well.

What you also see is the OSMC guys about to release an AMLogic S805 platform in the Vero2, so down the line you will also see another OS in the form of OSMC coming to AMLogic platforms.

I believe there will be a big Firmware update coming soon, with some other nice additions. Smile

(2016-01-19, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes the 7.1 HD Audio to PCM Multichannel decoding was a nice surprise Smile

Very interesting! Minix keeps saying that S812 SoC doesn't have enough I2S channels for multichannel (8) PCM output. Wonder what is different between the SoCs the two companies are using Wink
(2016-01-19, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe there will be a big Firmware update coming soon, with some other nice additions. Smile

Is there any more you can say about the additions?

The Android TV launcher was a nice surprise!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4