• 41(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2016-01-18, 16:14)Lappskij Wrote: Thanks...
Why not check out the album I was testing on. KISS - Rock And Roll Over
01 - I Want You (Returning: Beatles)
02 - Take Me (Returning: Papa Roach)
...the rest returned OK.

PS: Got 2 feature requests for you that I hope will not be too hard to manage (not knowing how the different scrapers fuction)

1. Any possibility to use the tags provided by lrc to put up a more strict scraping policy for avoiding bad downloads?
[ti:I Want You]
[ar:KISS]
[al:Rock And Roll Over]
An option in settings that will force the scraper to return only lrc lyrics with these tags filled out, and minimum ti: & ar:
(I'm so hard core that I would have put in all three) Wink
great, i'll test the various lrc based scrapers with the songs you've provided.
once i figure out why they return incorrect results in the first place, i'll look into what would be the best method to prevent that from happening.

(2016-01-18, 16:14)Lappskij Wrote: 2. I use karaoke a lot and sometimes when I have a playlist going with cu lrc lyrics at the same time and play one or two
karaoke songs inbetween I get double lyrics (CU LRC on top of the CDG window).
Any possibility that the CU LRC Lyrics addon can disable it's support while Kodi is playing a CDG file?
in case you haven't heard, karaoke functionality has been completely removed in the upcoming Kodi Jarvis release.
so i consider this request fixed already :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-01-18, 16:17)CrankyCraig Wrote: It seems to be much as expected. For example, 'Slave No More' by 'Crowbar' is correctly pulled from LyricWiki, but the lyrics are not complete. If I remove LyricWikia it scrapes a better file for that song, but then I get nothing at all for the album '10,000 Days' by 'Tool', which is otherwise correct from LyricWikia - didn't bother to look into why, assumed the album title was likely listed as 'Ten Thousand Days' or similar. I don't really see how this could be improved, unless it automatically scraped lyrics from all available sources and allowed them to be switched.

I'm noticing that, with the Disney/Childrens albums that I have for example, the artist (tagged using MusicBrainz) is listed as the composer , whereas LyricWikia lists the artist as the performer, and it therefore doesn't retrieve any lyrics. This discrepancy is probably unavoidable, and editing the tags of the music files will hopefully address this whilst maintaining the artwork.

On balance then, it works really well for about 95% of my library right from the start, which I'm still over the moon with. So far I haven't found a single one to be incorrect as such.

Thanks for the feedback.
To be honest. I am only interested in LRC lyrics and dont't bother too much with the TXT files. Just use the txt files for making LRC when there's not available a good version from the scrapers.
In the LRC lyrics there are tags that can be used to scrape for (I asume since they are there), so I believe this is where to start improving to begin with. That the scraper sites allow their users to post LRC lyrics with bad tagging is probably the biggest problem. I have asked Ronie to look into this and hope he will have some more juice on the subject soon. But, thanks for the effort.

BR Lappskij
(2016-01-18, 16:23)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 16:14)Lappskij Wrote: Thanks...
Why not check out the album I was testing on. KISS - Rock And Roll Over
01 - I Want You (Returning: Beatles)
02 - Take Me (Returning: Papa Roach)
...the rest returned OK.

PS: Got 2 feature requests for you that I hope will not be too hard to manage (not knowing how the different scrapers fuction)

1. Any possibility to use the tags provided by lrc to put up a more strict scraping policy for avoiding bad downloads?
An option in settings that will force the scraper to return only lrc lyrics with these tags filled out, and minimum ti: & ar:
great, i'll test the various lrc based scrapers with the songs you've provided.
once i figure out why they return incorrect results in the first place, i'll look into what would be the best method to prevent that from happening.

(2016-01-18, 16:14)Lappskij Wrote: 2. I use karaoke a lot and sometimes when I have a playlist going with cu lrc lyrics at the same time and play one or two
karaoke songs inbetween I get double lyrics (CU LRC on top of the CDG window).
Any possibility that the CU LRC Lyrics addon can disable it's support while Kodi is playing a CDG file?
in case you haven't heard, karaoke functionality has been completely removed in the upcoming Kodi Jarvis release.

Thank you...
Awsome Addon: Still the best in my book with a very high hit rate.

Best regards Lappskij

PS! (Karaoke no more :-( not happy with this)
Hello,

Wow -- Karaoke must be really unused/unwanted feature. I loved the right pop up [panel] (instead of the centered middle)... Lyrics still show up and scroll, but no yellow highlight...

Is there anything I can do? Any option I missed? Any mod I can make? Or, am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Edit: On more experimentation (Jarvis beta 5) Confluence, I did find the yellow highlight comes on and goes off, when trying to click out of full screen... possibly buggy!

[/quote]
[/quote]
(2016-01-18, 20:18)goodflood Wrote: I loved the right pop up [panel] (instead of the centered middle)... Lyrics still show up and scroll, but no yellow highlight...

Is there anything I can do? Any option I missed? Any mod I can make? Or, am I out of luck?

which skin are you using? and which version of the cu.lrclyrics addon?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Kodi: 16 beta 5
Skin: Confluence
cu.lrclyrics: 4.1.5

(2016-01-18, 20:23)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 20:18)goodflood Wrote: I loved the right pop up [panel] (instead of the centered middle)... Lyrics still show up and scroll, but no yellow highlight...

which skin are you using? and which version of the cu.lrclyrics addon?
(2016-01-18, 20:32)goodflood Wrote: Kodi: 16 beta 5

i thanx, i remember it now.
i've changed it as people seem to prefer the centered dialog.
they didn't like the fact that the slide out from right one, was overlapping with other dialogs.
it's was also causing issues if you use the skin in 3D.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8242

edit: as for the other issue, you're probably using a mouse?
your mouse pointer needs to be in the dialog area and the text will be yellow.
nothing has changed in this regard. the old dialog had this restriction as well.
(2016-01-18, 16:14)Lappskij Wrote: 1. Any possibility to use the tags provided by lrc to put up a more strict scraping policy for avoiding bad downloads?

after looking into it for a while, it's the ttplayer scraper who's to blame for incorrect results.
don't ask me why though... they don't have a publicly documented api.
to query their api, the cu lrc addon uses some reversed engineered code found somewhere in the dark corners of the interweb :-)

i've added a check for the [ar:] tag, but sadly it's not always present and when it is, it's sometimes empty.
so, it may help a bit, but far from a 100% guarantee for correct lyrics.
(2016-01-18, 23:27)ronie Wrote: after looking into it for a while, it's the ttplayer scraper who's to blame for incorrect results.
don't ask me why though... they don't have a publicly documented api.
to query their api, the cu lrc addon uses some reversed engineered code found somewhere in the dark corners of the interweb :-)

i've added a check for the [ar:] tag, but sadly it's not always present and when it is, it's sometimes empty.
so, it may help a bit, but far from a 100% guarantee for correct lyrics.

Thanks... I suspected as much.
Maybe we should start a new scrapersite with rock hard policy. LRC lyrics without tags or empty tags not accepted.
It would be the start of the best collection of LRC lyrics on the web. Big Grin
Really appriciate all of this and I for one will follow and support the development of Kodi's best addon.
And please, if you got a version with the included check for the ar: tag I would love to try it. Rather have less hit than wrong lyrics or lyrics missing the tag.

PS! let me know if you need any more help on the matter, I'll be standing by...

BR Lappskij
Don't see a thanks button, but thank you Smile Mouse pointer in the dialog area works perfectly!

As for right -- slide out, I wonder if it could be made a user option -- centered dialog OR slide out! I don't think that code would need regular maintenance (but what do I know). I would pull and look, but I barely know git Tongue Maybe someday!

Reason I am asking is minor: Some wallpapers were designed to show artists on the left (lyrics pop up on the right),... looked really cool! Again, minor!

Thanks again for an excellent add-on!

(2016-01-18, 23:13)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 20:32)goodflood Wrote: Kodi: 16 beta 5

i thanx, i remember it now.
i've changed it as people seem to prefer the centered dialog.
they didn't like the fact that the slide out from right one, was overlapping with other dialogs.
it's was also causing issues if you use the skin in 3D.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8242

edit: as for the other issue, you're probably using a mouse?
your mouse pointer needs to be in the dialog area and the text will be yellow.
nothing has changed in this regard. the old dialog had this restriction as well.
(2016-01-18, 12:36)krachnuss Wrote: I'm using the properties like "Window(Home).Property(culrc.lyrics)" to access the lyrics, which generally works fine. Sometimes however, the app displays the wrong lyrics, because curl.lyrics contains the lyrics of the previous track. This happens in cases where CU LRC has just been started or needs some time to update curl.lyrics. My current workaround is to periodically poll curl.lyrics, so the display eventually switches to the correct lyrics. Does not look so nice.

Could you add a property that tells to which title (...artist/album) the current curl.lyrics belongs? Like "Window(Home).Property(curl.title) etc.? So I could check if it matches the currently playing title and don't display the lyrics if it doesn't matches.

cheers for the heads-up.

i had a look at how the culrc.lyrics property is handled in the addon and it needed some work indeed.
i've made some changes and the property will now be cleared when the script end / playback stops.
(this was causing previous lyrics to show when the script was started again)

also i've made sure the property will be reset each time a new song starts, that should get rid of the sync issue.

changes will be in the next version of the addon, for kodi jarvis.
(2016-01-19, 17:01)ronie Wrote: cheers for the heads-up.

i had a look at how the culrc.lyrics property is handled in the addon and it needed some work indeed.
i've made some changes and the property will now be cleared when the script end / playback stops.

also i've made sure the property will be reset each time a new song starts, that should get rid of the sync issue.

I have just tried your latest changes from github and I have noticed that now it works much better!!!

Thank you so much!!Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
good to know & thanx for testing!
(2016-01-19, 17:01)ronie Wrote: cheers for the heads-up.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply & action, I'll check it out
I just registered here to say thank yo for your time on this add-on. It has solved many "arguments" between my friends and me about what the lyrics are saying!

Quick question, I see that 4.1.4 is ok for Isengard(tried to install 4.1.5 and got the dependencies error, then saw that you said that is for Jarvis only)

Is there a place where I can see the version release breakdown so I know that I have the latest and also when it comes time to update to Jarvis, I can search for the correct version.

Thank you!
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1