• 22(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-01-16, 03:49)huhn Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 02:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 16:23)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: I do not know what's going on here
Since i installed the Lav filters 0.67.0 46-git , i see dropped frames
I unistalled them , and i installed the previous version 0.66
again dropped frames
and the strange is , that when i open the Lavfilter tray icon , it writes 0.67.0 46
It looks like unsuccesful unistallation
Can you give me an advise?
Thanks for your attention

If you want to use new copies of LAV Filters, you must use set Filters management to Media Rules and Filters Configuration.

Try this DSPlayer Starter Kit.

Move these files to userdata -> dsplayer. You will also have to install an external version of XySubFilter.

this is going to backfire and it is way harder to figure out what's wrong with this system.

He is probably right. You are describing a situation where you think you overwrote the internal copies of LAV Filters. I believe this is possible, but you would have to know where to look and intentionally do this. I don't think you can accidentally overwrite the internal LAV without knowing how to do it.

You might have to ask someone in the DSPlayer forum how to reset the internal LAV Filters, as I don't know how. I would try running the DSPlayer installer again, as this might do it. Try running the latest installer provided by Wanilton. If that doesn't work, back-up your userdata folder, uninstall and then install from scratch. Replace the userdata folder.

This install/uninstall process should be completed with the same installer or your saved userdata folder might not work. So, to summarize, backup your files (userdata folder), uninstall DSPlayer, then reinstall DSPlayer as a fresh installation.
@ Warner306
@ huhn

After a very short weekend (the wearher here is very bad) , i returned home and i was going to follow your instructions ( to install again the starter kit)
meanwhile @ Wanilton gave a new release today at 03.36 for Dsplayer RC1
I installed the new release and all the problems had solved 100%
Probably there was a bug in the previous first Dsplayer RC1 release

Anyhow i thank both of you , for your attention and all the infos you both wrote
So far so good , no more dropped frames
But now i see something different

Watching a video with 29.970 fps , i can read at Ctrl+J
display 59.9389 Hz
Composition rate 59.94 Hz
Movie 29.97 fps (says source filter)
No dropped frames
No presentation glitches

I stop this video and i watch another with 23.976 fps , then i read
display 23.9755 Hz
Composition rate 29.97 Hz (it keeps the previous video fps)
movie 23.976 fps (says source filter)
No dropped frames
But a lot presentation glitches
The video stutters ( if i use the correct word because the english is not my native language)

i have to close the Kodi and to run it again
But i have the same problem if i use videos with different fps

Do i need to add something in the display modes?
I use only these ones
1080p60, 1080p59, 1080p50, 1080p23

Thanks again for your attention
(2016-01-18, 16:45)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: So far so good , no more dropped frames
But now i see something different

Watching a video with 29.970 fps , i can read at Ctrl+J
display 59.9389 Hz
Composition rate 59.94 Hz
Movie 29.97 fps (says source filter)
No dropped frames
No presentation glitches

I stop this video and i watch another with 23.976 fps , then i read
display 23.9755 Hz
Composition rate 29.97 Hz (it keeps the previous video fps)
movie 23.976 fps (says source filter)
No dropped frames
But a lot presentation glitches
The video stutters ( if i use the correct word because the english is not my native language)

i have to close the Kodi and to run it again
But i have the same problem if i use videos with different fps

Do i need to add something in the display modes?
I use only these ones
1080p60, 1080p59, 1080p50, 1080p23

Thanks again for your attention

I think composition rate is the desktop framerate. Check the control panel for your GPU to see what the desktop is set to.

As for refresh rate switching, I prefer to let Kodi handle this.
(2016-01-18, 21:36)Warner306 Wrote: As for refresh rate switching, I prefer to let Kodi handle this.
Good morning
And , what i have to change in Kodi for auto refresh rate switching?
Thanks
are you using windows 7?

if yes this OS has huge issue with switching refresh rates.
you can try to use overlay or FSE to avoid this issue or change to a OS with a working desktop composition.

the composition is supposed to be the same as the desktop refresh rate.
and desktop refresh rate is the display refresh rate.
these composition rate mismatches are a huge problem on windows 7 and older.

the desktop refresh rate doesn't matter it is changed at the same time.
@ huhn
Yes , i'm using Win7

You are saying ( you can try to use overlay or FSE )
What is the overlay or FSE?
Can you please write the exact steps?

I'm doing these steps through the MadVr or Kodi?
Thanks again
you find overlay rendering in the madVR settings under rendering -> general settings -> "enable windowed overlay (windows 7 and newer)"
only works with intel and nvidia.

and FSE (fullscreen exclusive) under rendering -> general settings -> "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode"

not sure if this works with kodi but by default it is enabled.
(2016-01-19, 12:40)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 21:36)Warner306 Wrote: As for refresh rate switching, I prefer to let Kodi handle this.
Good morning
And , what i have to change in Kodi for auto refresh rate switching?
Thanks

Delete the display modes you listed in madVR. In Kodi, under Videos -> Playback, set to Adjust display refresh rate. You set a pause before refresh rate change of two to three seconds.
Good morning

@ Warner306
Your suggestion did not work

@ huhn
under rendering -> general settings -> "enable windowed overlay (windows 7 and newer)"
That worked well

Also i saw this morning that if i put under settings/video/playback/adjust display refresh rate/off , even the source fps is 23.76 and the composition remains at 25 or 50 hz , then i read no dropped frames and no presentation glitches

I thank both of you for your suggestions
Have a nice day
(2016-01-14, 00:24)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 08:10)HTPC-ASR Wrote: Hi to all i come back here to share a doubt....

as you know, i have madvr configured with

intel i7 4779
nvidia gtx 960
16 gb ram

the issue is related to the "white", it seems to floating/blinking during the vision, i don't know how to explain it...

where i have to work to solve/investigate it?

thank you!!

You'd have to give more detail than that.

Probably you are right! I'm sorry Wink

I getting crazy to set MadVr Rofl and considering my inexperience about the settings..i'm trying to understand it. The issue is related to the WHITE color. It is too "bright", so much as to seem it's "blinking" during the vision, i can see it during, for example, panning.

I'm also finding any suggestions about the setting for my HTPC about 1080p@24hz/50hz and 720p@50hz contents with a TV 1080p, considering that HW:

Win7
intel i7 4770
nvidia gtx 960
16 gb ram

Thank you!!!
Hi Warner306.

I would like to ask some questions about the parameter peak Luminance HDR (madVR).
the updated guide for this new parameter madVR, there are certain steps that would like to understand better.

1 # (HDR content mapping is possible with any display, new or old.)
Display, new or old, this is' meant HDR panels with 10-bit or must be intended for panels LCD / LED 8-bit ?

2 # (Choosing disable calibration controls for this display will use the display peak luminance value to map HDR content to match the color gamut of the source.)

Explained so, what do you mean ? to ensure that parameter is' running madVR, (disable calibration controls for this display) must be switched off ?

my panel Full LED measurement cd / m2 - 112 nits, like setting in this case I should set a value of 120 peak luminance?

Thanks for any clarification.
(2016-01-20, 13:14)gotham_x Wrote: Hi Warner306.

I would like to ask some questions about the parameter peak Luminance HDR (madVR).
the updated guide for this new parameter madVR, there are certain steps that would like to understand better.

1 # (HDR content mapping is possible with any display, new or old.)
Display, new or old, this is' meant HDR panels with 10-bit or must be intended for panels LCD / LED 8-bit ?

2 # (Choosing disable calibration controls for this display will use the display peak luminance value to map HDR content to match the color gamut of the source.)

Explained so, what do you mean ? to ensure that parameter is' running madVR, (disable calibration controls for this display) must be switched off ?

my panel Full LED measurement cd / m2 - 112 nits, like setting in this case I should set a value of 120 peak luminance?

Thanks for any clarification.

All you need is an HDR source. madVR will map the source to any TV. madVR maps to the primaries and gamma chosen in the calibration section. So, yes you would set your TV to 112 nits and madVR will map to this luminance.
Quote:1 # (HDR content mapping is possible with any display, new or old.)
doesn't matter. it even works on a 6 bit tn panel. don't think about it. it even works on an CRT.

Quote:2 # (Choosing disable calibration controls for this display will use the display peak luminance value to map HDR content to match the color gamut of the source.)

just leave your current calibration setting as they are. in the past madVR didn't gamut mapping without a calibration setting this was fixed in version 0.89.19.

Quote:my panel Full LED measurement cd / m2 - 112 nits, like setting in this case I should set a value of 120 peak luminance?

you choice what looks best to you there is no standard for transferring HDR to SDR yet.
Thanks both for the reply, as set in the calibration section: disable calibration controls for this display and / or this display is Already calibrated, not have any impact on the mapping of the HDR source these two settings , is' correct ? or it's just in my head ...
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7