• 199(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
But EGL will be/is in Krypton right?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Exactly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-23, 14:38)fritsch Wrote: Nope - the lazy train stopped one town before ours ...
It not about being lazy. It is about installation failed on me. Despite being comprehensive your guide lucks details necessory for ubuntu noobs. I wasted 2 days and stucked at step 0. Can't get do sudo apt-get update, because can not connect to wireless lan to do further steps. Ubuntu server is more complicated. I had network manager during instal where I could connect to wireless. After restart it seems I need to configure wlan0. How?
I'd suggest: https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line via ssh - so use a lan cable for installation and then setup wireless via ssh terminal -> but that's more of a topic for ubuntu forum. An image that you want to have also does _not_ include wireless management software.

Better start with Lubuntu, should be easier.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-23, 19:27)fritsch Wrote: I'd suggest: https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line via ssh - so use a lan cable for installation and then setup wireless via ssh terminal -> but that's more of a topic for ubuntu forum. An image that you want to have also does _not_ include wireless management software.

Better start with Lubuntu, should be easier.

Thank you for your suggestion. Finally managed to install kodi on Ubuntu server. Noticed it has installed latest alpha built of kodi.
How do I replace alpha binaries with stable 15.2 version? Can i use openelec's network management addon for ubuntu built?
This thread's topic is: Testing of VAAPI EGL in v17 alpha version. No you cannot install OE's network management addon easily as it is fully linked into the OS.
(2016-01-23, 22:10)fritsch Wrote: This thread's topic is: Testing of VAAPI EGL in v17 alpha version. No you cannot install OE's network management addon easily as it is fully linked into the OS.
Ok. First thing I noticed get more themes option is unavailable. Is this a bug?
Latest build don't do passthrough at all - little error in the Reuse of pause packages. So just wait a bit.
Intermittent crash when starting movies build OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-devel-20160124221851-r21963-g8637a35.tar

crash log
http://pastebin.com/cMzm66VE

Kodi Log
http://pastebin.com/96mUQfBB
I just switched from using the OpenElec builds to performing a Ubuntu server install following the instructions in post 1.

Are there any material differences between the openelec builds and the ppa install?

My main motivation was to use the mythtv pvr plugin which has not been available in the past couple of openelec builds.
I'm a little late to this party but so far, this build has been working well for me. 1080p hvec seems to play noticeably better on my standard chromeboxes. The couple of issues keeping me from using this as a daily driver hopefully can be sorted out easily. I did look the this thread a little but didn't seem to see what I was looking for.

The mPlayer visualization says it can't load the dll. Not the biggest deal breaker in the world, but I do like this one a lot and I do listen to A LOT of music.

Are other skins disabled from this build? I understand it could eliminate a lot of bugs during development.

Every time a new track starts the audio has a little crackle. So when an album plays through, each song has a pop at the start.

I can't start a video when another one is playing. I have to first stop the playing video and then start the new one. If I don't, it doesn't go fullscreen correctly.

That's the only issues I've had so far after using it for a few days. I'm on the Jan 17th build, btw. Thanks for a great build to try out. I've got quite a few 1080p hvec movies that I can't play in every room.
Just bought a 4K TV on Saturday and hooked up an ASRock Beebox with N3150 CPU and Fritsch build 6.0.98 from last November only to realize that 90% of my 4K Demo Movies are HEVC 10-Bit!
So I'm just wondering, is it a Hardware limitation or only a software issue until Hevc 10-bit will be playable? For some reason not even my Core i7 with Geforce 970 can play back this movie in VLC.
Hardware Limitation as you can see in first thread. Broxton / Kabilake will do 10 bit in hw.
Thanks for the quick reply.
(2016-01-25, 01:36)smitopher Wrote: I just switched from using the OpenElec builds to performing a Ubuntu server install following the instructions in post 1.

Are there any material differences between the openelec builds and the ppa install?

My main motivation was to use the mythtv pvr plugin which has not been available in the past couple of openelec builds.

This guide has been working nearly perfectly for me with the mythtv pvr plugin *until* the last few builds.

At which point the pvr API changed from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0 and the kodi-pvr-mythtv addon promptly stopped working.

I have not had much luck in building the pvr plugin from source, so I am waiting for the xbmc-fernetmenta-master PPA to update the kodi-pvr-mythtv plugin.

The only issues I had was with add skipping.

It would either not work at all, or skip the advertisements perfectly and start stuttering non-stop afterwards, forcing me to seek backwards for a bit until the video starts working again.
  • 199(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18