Scraper JustUseTheFileName stopped working since V15.x
Hi Everyone,

I have been using the "JustUseTheFileName" scraper to scrape my various mixed downloaded content consisting of Movies & TV Shows.

It worked perfectly in Kodi V14.2 and earlier by simply building a list of content which I could sort by descending date added order under the Movies menu

Ever since I upgraded to v15.2, the scraper stopped working. It just scans the library for new content and appear to be doing its job but the Movies menu is gone and no content is available.

The problem persist in v16.0 beta3

Does anyone know why or how I can fix this?

Thank you
Any solution?
+1

Really miss this too!!
Are you looking for a scraper that will add the file to your library based on the "file name"? Disregarding any other data? This scraped file will be sorted by add date and/or title? If so, it is possible I could help out on this. I wrote a scraper for music videos that does this. I wrote it because I have music video titles (files) that are not in any database and/or no data is available in any one data base. The scraper adds the title to the Kodi library using the file name only, and therefore is sortable by the date added (as well as the title).

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Simple stuff really. Just search for a title and return the same data as searched for.
Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah. Thats perhaps exactly what the JustUseTheFilename did too.

What I got with JustUseTheFilename , was a very simple flat representation in the music videos library of the files in a music videos folder with many many music videos and subfolders too.

There were no rules at all for the filenames, special chars or anything.

The files names was just used as the title I guess. Maybe the date of the file was added as date if theres a music video db field for a date, but the important thing is that visually I need to see the exact filename.

Example:

input (the files):
ArtistFirstName ArtistLastName - Bulletproof.avi
SomeArtist - 'DREAM OF GOOSE' Performance at 2013 SEOUL CONCERT "HAPPENING".1080p.mp4
Some Artist & Person - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime (Top of the Pops, Aug 24 2003).avi
Mr.Artist - Up 'n away.360p.webm
artist_feat_person-turn_the_lights_off-x264-2011-grmv.mkv
Artist_LastName___Aldrig_Ensam__Live_P3_Guld_2010.flv

Sub folder\Artist and the Artist - "Primadonna" - LIVE @ Channel 95.5 in Detroit, MI - August 1st, 2012.1080p.mp4

output (titles):
ArtistFirstName ArtistLastName - Bulletproof.avi
SomeArtist - 'DREAM OF GOOSE' Performance at 2013 SEOUL CONCERT "HAPPENING".1080p.mp4
Some Artist & Person - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime (Top of the Pops, Aug 24 2003).avi
Mr.Artist - Up 'n away.360p.webm
artist_feat_person-turn_the_lights_off-x264-2011-grmv.mkv
Artist_LastName___Aldrig_Ensam__Live_P3_Guld_2010.flv

Artist and the Artist - "Primadonna" - LIVE @ Channel 95.5 in Detroit, MI - August 1st, 2012.1080p.mp4

No processing!
Try this out as a test:

249546 (thread)

Scrape a music video with it, see if this is what you are looking for. If so, I will alter it to work with the movie database.

Unlike the stupid scraper for music videos... the altered version for movies would not be sortable, there is no artist - title in a movie, only title.

Whatever you have the file named will be the output 'title' added to the Kodi movie database.
Thanks for helping out.

Following the link I ended up here :

https://github.com/mrjwm2/metadata.musicvideos.stupid

Where i selected download zip which gave me this :

metadata.musicvideos.stupid-master.zip

It installs fine, but when used, it tries to extract the song name from the files instead of just using the whole filename for the titles.

Seems the stupid scraper is not that stupid after all.. Wink

Perhaps I didn't even understand what you wanted me to try out?
(2016-01-23, 21:24)mrjwm2 Wrote: Try this out as a test:

249546 (thread)

Scrape a music video with it, see if this is what you are looking for. If so, I will alter it to work with the movie database.

Unlike the stupid scraper for music videos... the altered version for movies would not be sortable, there is no artist - title in a movie, only title.

Whatever you have the file named will be the output 'title' added to the Kodi movie database.

Hi, i was wondering if you could make altered version for movies like you said. i need just what you wrote, title of the movie to be same as file name

thx
Sorry... been real busy and just saw the replies.

Here is the scraper zip file download link: Stupid Movie Scraper

This should add "any" file name to the movie library.

I tested it with a few goofy file names and it worked fine. Let me know if you have any special characters that are giving you issues... Maybe there is something I can do... maybe.

Download the .zip, install, scrape and enjoy.
iCE999,

Try the new link. From what you wrote, I am thinking you tried scraping a movie with the music video stupid scraper. That won't work. The music video stupid scraper looks for artist - title in the file name.

The movie stupid scraper I just posted ONLY looks at the file name... no matter what it is.

Let me know.
(2016-02-04, 03:57)mrjwm2 Wrote: Sorry... been real busy and just saw the replies.

Here is the scraper zip file download link: Stupid Movie Scraper

This should add "any" file name to the movie library.

I tested it with a few goofy file names and it worked fine. Let me know if you have any special characters that are giving you issues... Maybe there is something I can do... maybe.

Download the .zip, install, scrape and enjoy.

hey, thank you very much. it works great, i have just one little problem. it doesn't adds the whole file name into the kodi library

eg. The.Big.Bang.Theory.S09E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv is added as The Big Bang Theory S09E12
The Big Bang Theory S09E13 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.mkv is added as The Big Bang Theory S09E13
Handball.WC.23.01.2013.CRO-FRA.1.half.PDTV.x264-RAKiJA.mkv is added as Handball WC 23 01

i don't know if it is possible to add the exact whole file name to the library (with full stops and everything, from first letter to the last). my issue isn't with first two examples but in the third eg i'm missing some important information as who plays in handball world cup (cro-fra), if you know what i mean.
i'm not certain if it can be added as i want.
I understand what you are saying. I am not an expert on this but I think that Kodi cleans the extra stuff in the title automatically. Awhile back I read about using cleanstrings in an advancedsettings.xml. I will take a look.

If I remember correctly, by default Kodi will strip everything to the right side of a regex matched date or season/episode. That is what you found when you scraped your files. I tested and had your same results. The debug log showed that Kodi stripped the file name prior to running it through a url. I need a way to tell Kodi to not clean the file, although... I am not sure how that would impact other scraper functions.

I will take a look. I can see why you need the CRO-FRA for example.
This is now become interesting to me, lol.

I have tested with the addition of an advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder. I can get the scraper to return the complete file names. The weird thing is that the 2 Big Bang episodes work fine with ONLY the addition of the advancedsettings.xml. The Handball show requires a change in the file name, albeit a simple change. You will need to shorten the year to 2 digits (i.e. 2013 will be 13).

By default Kodi cleans and strips certain text found in a file name when the scraper iniates. see here: cleanstrings

It seems like Kodi's clean action after a regex match is different when it matches year ( 2 digits - 2- digits - 4 digits /or/ 4 digits - 2 digits - 2digits) versus an episode match (multi regex are used to match episode)

Additionally, Kodi has a failsafe in place to not clean/eliminate the complete file name, which would be not so nice.

I have looked at the code and could make a change given time, but it would be best to edit your file name (shorten the year) and add the advancedsettings.xml

The advancedsettings.xml is really blank, as it matches nothing. But it works. I tried it blank (below) and with (.+) or (....) all the three work with the filename year change.... weird!

I think this is an okay solution to your problem. I can see why you want to see the teams of an event, as well as the date.

Copy and paste below to notepad, save as advancedsettings.xml and drop it in the userdata folder. Rename the year in your files. Restart Kodi, remove the source of the movies you want to change (refresh did not work for me), close and reopen Kodi, stupid scrape again and enjoy. (You only need to rename files that you would like to see text AFTER the date)

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <cleanstrings>
      <RegExp>
        <RegExp>
          <expression></expression>
        </RegExp>
      </RegExp>
    </cleanstrings>
  </video>
</advancedsettings> 

I would have thought that using cleanstrings in the advancedsettings.xml would override any cleaning function built into Kodi... guess not. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this will reply.
Hey,
sorry for not responding. i wasn't at home so couldn't test.
it works as you said. thanks for your effort and for these files. i'll ask in forum, maybe someone got solution. until then i will use it as you explained as it is closest to what i need.
thanks again
(2016-02-04, 04:02)mrjwm2 Wrote: iCE999,

Try the new link. From what you wrote, I am thinking you tried scraping a movie with the music video stupid scraper. That won't work. The music video stupid scraper looks for artist - title in the file name.

The movie stupid scraper I just posted ONLY looks at the file name... no matter what it is.

Let me know.

Hmmm. Well. What I need is a really stupid music video scraper that puts the full filename including weird chars and with extension into the title field and nothing in the artist field.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper JustUseTheFileName stopped working since V15.x1