• 148(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-23, 10:57)hansolo Wrote: Well, it bugs me how old Realtek players (like Egreat R6S, Med8er) still had more functions available (bluray menu, surround AAC decoding) and better image quality (yeah, Himedia fails white clipping test from SM and with Imprex On fails also chroma/RGB clipping tests).
Why bluray menus? Try to use Spears and Munsil ISO, Himedia own menu is a joke.
M8R never supported BD menus & has a softer PQ compared to Sigma-based Popcorn Hour players & definitely HiMedia, Pi2 Kodi players.

Egreat R6S, I don't know about first-hand, but is also RTD1186 based like M8R, so I expect similar if not same PQ.

Re: full menus, blame Cinavia, not HiMedia or other media player manufacturers. They had no choice like I've explained in post #1, under "Blu-ray Menus' section.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Moved to post #1 for better visibility for all users Smile.
My Family Room Theater
Enchanted Kingdom (2014) 3D with ATMOS is a must watch
Dredd (2012) Fantastic
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) Some of scenes make me feel like i am part of the movie
Mad Max Fury Road (2015) 3D ATMOS best film of the 2015 for me IMMERSIVE
The Martian (2015) Need to watch in 3D

Great 3D lists HDMKV!!!!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
was just reading about 3d mkv on the jriver forums and it seems like new work done on madVR and LAV filters is allowing their software to play 3d mkv files - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=102539.0

does this mean anything as far as kodi on windows ?
(2016-01-24, 01:06)dchabby Wrote: was just reading about 3d mkv on the jriver forums and it seems like new work done on madVR and LAV filters is allowing their software to play 3d mkv files - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=102539.0

Looks like it is something to do with D3D11 = Direct3D 11?
Great list hdmkv.

It would be great if we could have the list of the best 3d movies in a sticky or on page 1, because it would be a shame if it got lost in this thread.

A sort of a go to list to find if a film is with seeing in 3d.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2016-01-24, 01:16)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 01:06)dchabby Wrote: was just reading about 3d mkv on the jriver forums and it seems like new work done on madVR and LAV filters is allowing their software to play 3d mkv files - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=102539.0

Looks like it is something to do with D3D11 = Direct3D 11?

yes, Windows Stereoscopic 3D API
Quote:stereoscopic 3-D is an optional WDDM 1.2 feature, Direct3D 11 API support is required on all Windows 8 hardware.

Quote:MKVs ripped from 3D Blu-ray with MakeMKV are the only format that works in the current pre-release version of LAV. Make sure to select the 3D sub-track in MakeMKV when doing such a rip.
Quote:Ok just tested on AMD R9 270x. It works sort of. It enables 3D mode on my projector and my projector says it is receiving frame packed 3D but there is no 3D depth.
Quote:Well it fixed my stuck in D3D9 SBS mode as I now get D3D11 3D reliably!

need some test Big Grin
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
That 2nd last quote is from my testing. The combination of using the latest Crimson drivers and swapping which eye is first fixed the 3D depth issue. Works well for me now.
(2016-01-24, 01:53)Mylo75 Wrote: Great list hdmkv.

It would be great if we could have the list of the best 3d movies in a sticky or on page 1, because it would be a shame if it got lost in this thread.

A sort of a go to list to find if a film is with seeing in 3d.
Thanks. Took your suggestion & moved list to post #1.

(2016-01-24, 12:39)apgood Wrote: That 2nd last quote is from my testing. The combination of using the latest Crimson drivers and swapping which eye is first fixed the 3D depth issue. Works well for me now.
Trying to follow... this is allowing 3D MVC on Windows natively via Kodi w/o external player? Looks like works with only certain GPU's?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-23, 21:53)movie78 Wrote: Enchanted Kingdom (2014) 3D with ATMOS is a must watch

I dont know that one.. Not the movie, not the 3d and not the atmos
Can you comment on all three?

A 3d list would be great, perhaps split from this topic?
In post #1 already... adding titles as you guys suggest them.

Re: 'Enchanted Kingdom', it's a really nice 3D documentary. I don't have ATMOS, but AQ was first-rate in TrueHD 7.1 anyway; lots of spatial effects all around. Very good 3D shots. A review here, and some discussion here.
My Family Room Theater
Add hugo and finding nemo
Add san andreas and everest
Add these too: frozen, epic and toy story 1,2,3
All amazing in 3d
Stop listing these films, my credit card is crying with the amount I need to buy. Smile
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17