[split] Landscape custom list dev discussion
(2016-01-24, 14:20)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven :

I sometimes get lost too lol. So it's about the viewtypes in Designer. Then the answer is YES. I already thought about this and use it a lot myself. Nothing is more ennoying than having to rebuild a whole view to just change the ListType for example. Check "Working with templates" in the readme :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...-templates

In the designer Hilight the viewtype you want to copy (let's say Fanart Inline), click it or press enter, scroll up or down to choose template 1,2 or 3 and choose "copy view to template".

You have then a "background" copy of the view.

To recall it, proceed it the same way :

Choose an empty view, click or press enter on it, scroll up/down to the template number you made the copy and choose "copy template to view". You have now an exact copy you can alter without touching the original one (which may be linked to your library) Wink

... and you're right. Editing a viewtype in the designer will affect all views that are linked to it. In fact, except from the code side, it works like any other skin.

EDIT : Landscape should work the way you did. You might want to use variables instead. I noticed you're tagged skilled Skinner so since Custom_list3.xml is an include you know you can also add <variable> definitions in this same file and replace the $INFO[ListiItem.Art(Landscape)] by a $VAR Wink Just a suggestion Smile

everything working perfect, I use the variable as you suggest and replace by $VAR.., one doubt though maybe is not related but most of the season landscape arts are not scaling doesnt matter if is in focus or not, even when I change it to stretch just to test.

TV Shows working as expect it 'Two Third fanart inline'

Seasons, working with problems of scaling 'Two Third fanart inline' (not necessary skin related)

Episodes working 'fanart right panel' with one column

*I found a few bugs i will post them in the correct thread later, most are overlapping text, missing focus item and stuff
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-01-25, 14:16)Jayz2K Wrote: I'm trying to reproduce it but I can't get Seasons landscape to show (tried $INFO[ListItem.Season,season,-landscape.jpg] but no luck).
Mind to share your variable so I can check ? I'm not that much familiar with Artwork.Downloader :/

sure, i just copy yours from variables.xml and add my conditions but my seasonX-landscape arts shows just that some/mostly of them dont scale accordingly except the one in the picture <game of thrones season 1>, dont know why lol . most of the time I add my artwork directly since i am the one who made it but they are available from fanart.tv

Code:
<variable name="LandscapeArt">
        <value condition="[IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) + !ListItem.IsFolder] | [!IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode) + !ListItem.IsFolder] |Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(thumb)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">season$INFO[ListItem.Season]-landscape.jpg</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(landscape)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
</variable>

found this but havent test it yet:
(2013-02-18, 06:24)mcborzu Wrote: Is there an ListItem.Art() for season landscape thumbs or is $INFO[ListItem.Path,,season]$INFO[ListItem.Season,,-landscape.jpg] the only way?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven :

Will probably sounds stupid but how do you attach them to seasons ?
I open the context menu > manage > Choose art but there's no landscape option at season level :/
Also, I have no arts or folder in //Tv show name/season x/

I activated the scraper for seasons in Artwork Downloader but it keeps getting nothing.
Huh
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-25, 15:14)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven :

Will probably sounds stupid but how do you attach them to seasons ?
I open the context menu > manage > Choose art but there's no landscape option at season level :/
Also, I have no arts or folder in //Tv show name/season x/

I activated the scraper for seasons in Artwork Downloader but it keeps getting nothing.
Huh

context menu on top of the selected season - this is manually (choose art - browse and select it)

this is via the artwork downloader - (choosing extra art -> season thumb 16:9 )

artwork downloader type of art

*notice right side says Choose Art Season2 or Artwokr DownloaderTonguele.....
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Then, it doesn't work for me :/
At least for seasons. I don't get it.
Is there some rules / settings in KODI that makes it broken ? (like naming the seasons folders, flatening seasons ?)

It works fine at shows level, not seasons, that's frustrating.

(2016-01-25, 16:21)Jayz2K Wrote: Then, it doesn't work for me :/
At least for seasons. I don't get it.
Is there some rules / settings in KODI that makes it broken ? (like naming the seasons folders, flatening seasons ?)

It works fine at shows level, not seasons, that's frustrating.

yep its weird, I just delete game of thrones and re-add it and i get nothing just poster instead and the art is there ..., let me try something else
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok fix it, but post a msg to Martijn addon (Artwork Downloader) because the addon download the seasonXX-landscape.jpg art but kodi expect seasonX-landscape.jpg

so if you use the addon you have to go to the show root folder and edit the filename as season1-landscape.jpg, close and re-open kodi and viola !

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven : not in the wiki but had to try and works ... easier :

$INFO[ListItem.Art(seasonlandscape)]

(2016-01-25, 17:32)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : not in the wiki but had to try and works ... easier :

mhhhhh..., nice find !! Big Grin

but the art have to be rename to seasonX-landscape.jpg to remove the extra season number digit ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-01-25, 18:19)reaven Wrote:
(2016-01-25, 17:32)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : not in the wiki but had to try and works ... easier :

mhhhhh..., nice find !! Big Grin

but the art have to be rename to seasonX-landscape.jpg to remove the extra season number digit ?
Cannot say since it's not working at season level (but displays at shows one). Have to test it on another machine. Also, Artwork.Downloader wiki says ListItem.Art(Landscape) works at shows AND seasons level ... ?

well i can confirmed it, test a bunch of strings the only one that works is
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,season]$INFO[ListItem.Season,,-landscape.jpg]

as long as you have seasonX-landscape.jpg in your tvshow root folder the season landscape will showup, you can use artwoprkdownloader but then you have to rename the filename to remove the extra digit in season #.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
@reaven : tried also on my side on 3 different computers, Artwork downloader never place any -landscape.jpg in my folders. Don't know what happens ! I think you already have them since a long time. Never used it by my last tries are a bunch of fails.

(2016-01-25, 20:33)Jayz2K Wrote: @reaven : tried also on my side on 3 different computers, Artwork downloader never place any -landscape.jpg in my folders. Don't know what happens ! I think you already have them since a long time. Never used it by my last tries are a bunch of fails.

you have them(art type) enable on the addon settings ?

cause i delete game of thrones and clean library also delete all my arts and re-scan and redownload them and it works after i rename them to seasonX-landscape.jpg
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Yup ... Nothing. Also tried to force local folder. Still empty. This is driving me crazy.

super weird !!!!

because am telling you i remove the show and delete all the arts and redownloaded
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Landscape custom list dev discussion0