• 77(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2016-01-24, 17:25)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - an attempt to combine variables where appropriate (and so not have profile conditions in those instances) is now on git. I don't know if you use profiles or not - if not, I'll have to do more testing before I'll be happy to commit it Smile (And in general, I'll commit this all to master when I'm happy its working and doing what it needs to do. Between this, the UX branch and a couple of other things to go in there's a high chance of breakages, though, so this is all going to need some thorough user-testing before any repo push)

The conditions for property fallbacks is on my to-do list (was it you who requested it previously?) though a gentle reminder is always welcome Smile The thing that puts me off purely from a coding perspective is handling it in the management dialog, where I'm going to need to think through all the places where its going to need to be re-checked to see if the fallback value would have changed. But I will get to it sooner or later Smile

Thanks Bob. I'll do some testing.

It was me who requested a while back. Thanks for considering this one. Smile
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-01-24, 21:35)BobCratchett Wrote: Feature request here Smile

Thanks.
 Estuary MOD V2 
I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updates the content and is stuck to the time of adding the shortcut.
The same happens with iTunes Movie Trailers addon.

They only update in widget mode but not on opening the shortcut itself.

Is this a problem with the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself (currently Arctic Zephyr)? Thanks.
It's likely to be the known problem with some add-ons including YouTube which seems to be caused by the way they pass variables through the uri. For whatever reason, when they do it in the way that YouTube does it, Kodi uses a cached version when opening a link directly to it. To know whether it is this issue or not, look at the path for the shortcut - if it doesn't have a ?[variable]=[value] part at the end, it most likely is.

You can try and fool Kodi into not using a cached version by changing the action - 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut >' (the last one in the list) and add a property to the path. So, YouTube's Popular Right Now would change from:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/",return)

to something like:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

(The name of the variable, nor the value, actually matter - though I like $INFO[System.TotalUptime] as it will always be different each time the shortcut is accessed, guaranteeing Kodi sees it as a fresh path each time and therefore can't use a cached version. But just ?a=1 should be enough for Kodi to not always use the cached version...)
@Mr. V - conditional matching for custom property fallbacks has just been added to the templates branch. For various reasons, it can only match against <property name="[name]">[value]</property>'s (unlike template matching, which can match against any element of the menu item) so its syntax is:-

Code:
<propertyfallback property="[property you are setting]" attribute="the attribute you're matching against" value="the value you're matching against">The final value</propertyfallback>

So to match against:-

Code:
<property name="widgetStyle">List</property>

you'd use:-

Code:
<propertyfallback property="widgetArt" attribute="widgetStyle" value="List">Poster</propertyfallback>

As always, let me know how you get on Smile
(2016-01-25, 22:19)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - conditional matching for custom property fallbacks has just been added to the templates branch. For various reasons, it can only match against <property name="[name]">[value]</property>'s (unlike template matching, which can match against any element of the menu item) so its syntax is:-

Code:
<propertyfallback property="[property you are setting]" attribute="the attribute you're matching against" value="the value you're matching against">The final value</propertyfallback>

So to match against:-

Code:
<property name="widgetStyle">List</property>

you'd use:-

Code:
<propertyfallback property="widgetArt" attribute="widgetStyle" value="List">Poster</propertyfallback>

As always, let me know how you get on Smile

Cheers Man. Smile Will get onto this soonish.

BTW: Thanks. Variables are working perfect. (Haven't tried different user profiles though)
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hey Bob, I have some user which using my skin which getting script error:
http://pastebin.com/HTtv2EtW

any idea why is that?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-01-26, 11:14)tomer953 Wrote: Hey Bob, I have some user which using my skin which getting script error:

any idea why is that?

Missing required unidecode dependency?
(2016-01-26, 11:20)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 11:14)tomer953 Wrote: Hey Bob, I have some user which using my skin which getting script error:

any idea why is that?

10x.
what addon he is missing ?
(2016-01-26, 11:33)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 11:20)mikesilvo164 Wrote:

any idea why is that?

10x.
what addon he is missing ?
I see an import error with unidecode so I am assuming the user installed manually and does not have the required module.
<import addon="script.module.unidecode" version="0.4.14"/>
Actually no way that he installed it manually, but let me check and test if the missing script.module.unidecode (or not missing) - solve it.
10x
(2016-01-26, 11:50)tomer953 Wrote: Actually no way that he installed it manually, but let me check and test if the missing script.module.unidecode (or not missing) - solve it.
10x
If that is not the problem then this might be one of those cases why a full debug log is preferred. What repos the user installed and how they installed skinshortcuts can be very helpful.
BTW, What is 10x? Feelin' old and like I should already know this Confused
(2016-01-26, 12:02)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 11:50)tomer953 Wrote: Actually no way that he installed it manually, but let me check and test if the missing script.module.unidecode (or not missing) - solve it.
10x
If that is not the problem then this might be one of those cases why a full debug log is preferred. What repos the user installed and how they installed skinshortcuts can be very helpful.
BTW, What is 10x? Feelin' old and like I should already know this Confused

script.module.unidecode was missing and installing it solved the problem.

10x, is an internet slang for "Thanks", as combination of "Ten" (10) and "X" - 10x. (10Q is also possible, "Thank You")
L8R = Later, T2UL = talk to you later, m8 = mate, 2moro = tomorrow, 2b = to be, 4u = for you
(2016-01-26, 14:32)tomer953 Wrote: script.module.unidecode was missing and installing it solved the problem.

10x, is an internet slang for "Thanks", as combination of "Ten" (10) and "X" - 10x. (10Q is also possible, "Thank You")
L8R = Later, T2UL = talk to you later, m8 = mate, 2moro = tomorrow, 2b = to be, 4u = for you
Ha. I knew it would be obvious after you told me... I guess I am getting old Confused but I do know some of the other ones you mentioned Smile
@Bob

Any way you can think of that I can avoid skin shortcuts writing a localized string?

Code:
<control type="button" id="1021">
                    <description>Change widget 1 limit</description>
                    <include>ColorChooserButton</include>
                    <label>  •  Limit</label>
                    <label2>$INFO[Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetLimit)]</label2>
                    <onclick>Skin.SetNumeric(widget.limit)</onclick>
                    <onclick>SetProperty(customProperty,widgetLimit)</onclick>
                    <onclick>SetProperty(customValue,$INFO[Skin.String(widget.limit)])</onclick>
                    <onclick>SendClick(404)</onclick>
                    <visible>!IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)) + !IsEmpty(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetStyle))</visible>
                </control>

I am trying to use the numeric dialog to write a number to a menu property. I replaced $INFO with $NUMBER and no joy either. Starting to think this is not possible.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8