• 5(current)
Release A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 22
2.8.66 (2016-01-24)
- Minor fixes and improvements, including:
Corrected KODI logo size on LoginScreen (now same as on home screen),
Corrected Confluence CommonNowPlaying_Controls,
Removed CommonBackground for LoginScreen and Startup,
Changed OpenELEC "Exit KODI" helper script (now does a clean application restart instead of killing the app too aggressive),
Global animation duration increased by a very small amount (compared to last version)

2.8.65 (2016-01-19)
- Minor fixes and improvements

2.8.64 (2016-01-19)
Restored Exit-Button functionality for OpenELEC (Note: Officially unsupported by OpenELEC)

2.8.63 (2016-01-19)
Conditional plot height in DialogVideoInfo (Linux/Windows) due to different font rendering

2.8.62 (2016-01-19)
- Minor fixes and improvements

@nixpix
Yeah. That's the right section. You would have to change width, height for multiple poster-possibilities and the animations according to the changes. I would really prefer scraping better quality posters. Smile
If you really want to get into changing the sizes you would have to check the basic Skin manual until the main poster section makes sense to you. Unfortunately there is no simple hint like "change two values and you're done". Escpecially since there are multiple possibilities how the poster is displayed and aligned. (as you may have seen in the code)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-01-24, 22:41)axbmcuser Wrote: @nixpix
Yeah. That's the right section. You would have to change width, height for multiple poster-possibilities and the animations according to the changes. I would really prefer scraping better quality posters. Smile
If you really want to get into changing the sizes you would have to check the basic Skin manual until the main poster section makes sense to you. Unfortunately there is no simple hint like "change two values and you're done". Escpecially since there are multiple possibilities how the poster is displayed and aligned. (as you may have seen in the code)

Actually I am getting used to the size so I think I will stick to large poster Wink Didn't know I could get a better quality one? Is there a setting for which one gets downloaded during the scraping? Using tmdb.

EDIT. I have the skin installed through your repo, but there is no update? The version I have is 2.7.88?
if you're on KODI 15.x, 2.7.88 is the latest version of the Skin. As KODI 16 is now almost final, all new updates are only for KODi 16. (to avoid making all changes twice for the two versions of the Skin) Smile
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-01-26, 00:03)axbmcuser Wrote: if you're on KODI 15.x, 2.7.88 is the latest version of the Skin. As KODI 16 is now almost final, all new updates are only for KODi 16. (to avoid making all changes twice for the two versions of the Skin) Smile

Right, gotcha. Yeah I am on 15.2.
At this point you don't really miss out on anything. 15.2 with 2.7.88 is fine.

Technically 15.2 is great! I just upgraded for better artwork scaling algorithm. I can't really answer regarding better tmdb posters in your case, since i don't use a KODI scraper addon. You would guess it has an option, but did not find any either.

Did you consider using an "offline" scraper like http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204 ? (great dev and program)
(2016-01-26, 01:40)axbmcuser Wrote: At this point you don't really miss out on anything. 15.2 with 2.7.88 is fine.

Technically 15.2 is great! I just upgraded for better artwork scaling algorithm. I can't really answer regarding better tmdb posters in your case, since i don't use a KODI scraper addon. You would guess it has an option, but did not find any either.

Did you consider using an "offline" scraper like http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204 ? (great dev and program)

I am using Tiny Media manager for all my musicvideos/concerts, but Kodi handles the rest (movies/Tv-shows/flacs). I was using a Dune media streamer before Kodi, which uses an "offline" scraper (Yadis), but now I have become lazy haha with Kodi doing all the work. I will settle with the default posters etc. Thanks for the tip though Smile
I installed it yesterday on my linux KODI box - wow.
Modernized look, snappy performance. I dig it.
A modern font would be the icing on the cake.
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like it works/feels just as intended. Great. Smile

As you surely saw i kept the latest G00gle Roboto font which is used in Original Confluence and think it's a great universal UX-Font.

In General:
I'm interested and open in finding modern UX-font alternatives. Suggestions welcome.

Edit:
Side note - other topic: Corrected/improved Dialog header background width changes coming soon. (as mentioned some posts before, i just hadn't had the chance to change them on the Jarvis version yet.)

Edit 2:
New Jarvis Skin update online.
I tried it today and those little tweaks really make it a whole better Confluence Blush
Just a feature request - What about a toggle in settings, that would remove the floor? (that bottom bar in the main menu)
Thanks for the feedback! Smile
Are you on KODI 16? (Just out of interest)

The floor serves multiple purposes since Confluence:

- Its the background for the RSS-Feed so it becomes readable
- It's the background for multiple information lines like "now playing", "XXX Items, Page X of X, Total Runtime XXX" so they become clearly readable
- The ContentPanels kind of visually "stand" on it, while there is a slight ContentPanel reflection underneath

Therefore, at this state, it would result in conflicts with the above mentioned points. I made some experiements some time ago and ended up following the path of keeping the floor.
New updates for Jarvis online.

@MarhyCZ

I'll look into making some new tests regarding the removal of the floor. Just started...
(2016-01-31, 17:04)axbmcuser Wrote: New updates for Jarvis online.

@MarhyCZ

I'll look into making some new tests regarding the removal of the floor. Just started...

Yes, I am on Kodi 16 Smile (the last RC). Thanks for a very fast response! Well what about just making it lower, not completely deleting it? Smile
New version coming tomorrow:

- Optimized (and lowered) floor, changed floor transparency for home + other

- New (optional) setting to remove floor and replace it with gradient for readability (disabled by default - i still think sticking with the floor is better than removing it - but feel free to try)
(2016-02-03, 04:05)axbmcuser Wrote: New version coming tomorrow:

- Optimized (and lowered) floor, changed floor transparency for home + other

- New (optional) setting to remove floor and replace it with gradient for readability (disabled by default - i still think sticking with the floor is better than removing it - but feel free to try)

Sweet will try it ASAP Smile Thx for great work Smile
2.8.69 (2016-02-03)
- Reworked floor graphics height and transparency
- Added OPTIONAL setting for removal/replacement of floor-graphics (see Skin Settings)
- Added clean KODI logo for SYSTEM area (native for 1080p)
- Reworked DialogCloseButton.png (now native for 1080p)
- Removed RDS and ProgrammeInfo player control buttons outside of FullscreenVideo (because of inconsistency and problems with ActivateWindow(PVRGuideInfo) - known KODI Bug)
- Reworked standard folder icons like DefaultAddonLyrics.png etc. (just removed the strange border which was "hardcoded" within the graphics - icons itself untouched)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Confluence ZEITGEIST | 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega | 229