• 150(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Kind of hard to help w/o those pics, but your naming looks fine. With 3D MVC MKV's, movie should just start playing in frame-packed mode right away, and with 3D ISO's, you'll get a pop-up menu where you'd choose the main playlist. Also, in Kodi settings, you should choose 'Preferred Mode' for 3D vs. something like 'Ask Me'.

Re: the jagged PQ, no idea. PQ looks great at my end. Maybe use imgur to post a pic or two of what you're seeing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@hdmkv, can't you see the pics I posted?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-01-26, 00:04)ArieS Wrote: @hdmkv, can't you see the pics I posted?

No one can.
Make sure they are in your Public folder of dropbox or only you will be able to see them.
Ahh, sorry about that, I've updated the post and it should be visible now.
(2016-01-25, 11:19)ArieS Wrote: Do you guys have to always choose how you want your movie played too or is it just me?
I'd suggest:
In video/discs/Blu-ray playback mode set to "play main movie"
In video/playback/playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos set to "preferred mode"
In system/video output/preferred mode set to "same as movie"

When I play an ISO file there are no dialogs.

Quote:My second issue is that the 3D gives me extremely jagged text:

Is this part of the video or a subtitle?
For anyone using MKV files there is no need to use any file name tags in order to get Kodi to play in the appropriate 3D mode. Just download MKVToolNixGUI and use the header editor to enter a value in the Stereo Mode box. 1 is for HSBS left eye first. 13 is for MVC left eye first. 14 for MVC right eye first (Edge of Tomorrow). There are others for HTAB and so on, just Google MVC Stereo Mode settings for the full list.

The only reason to use any file name tag is for Kodi to use an appropriate flag in the skin to identify the video format (codec) as Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D etc. All my 3D movies, trailers and videos are in MKV containers and I never need to add any file name tags in order to have them playback in 3D. I only use tags for the above mentioned skin flags and for CinemaVision to recognize 3D versions of bumper videos.

Using the same method you can set non-forced subtitle tracks to always be forced, make an alternate audio track the main track and other things. It's quick and easy to do as well.

I don't use ISO so I don't know if something similar is possible.
(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: In video/playback/playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos set to "preferred mode"
Doh! This is what I was missing... Thanks a lot pcm!

(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: Is this part of the video or a subtitle?
In this example this is part of the video, the opening credits.
Tonight I watched The Martian in 3D and the text from his camcorder, the forced subs for the Chinese parts were all jagged. It really looks like it's over sharpened... I could always upload a small sample of the opening credits of The Walk and you can check if it's jagged for you too?
(2016-01-26, 13:54)ArieS Wrote: In this example this is part of the video, the opening credits.
Tonight I watched The Martian in 3D and the text from his camcorder, the forced subs for the Chinese parts were all jagged. It really looks like it's over sharpened... I could always upload a small sample of the opening credits of The Walk and you can check if it's jagged for you too?

Sure - provide a sample and I'll have a look into it.
(2016-01-26, 04:19)Dave the Minion Wrote: For anyone using MKV files there is no need to use any file name tags in order to get Kodi to play in the appropriate 3D mode. Just download MKVToolNixGUI and use the header editor to enter a value in the Stereo Mode box. 1 is for HSBS left eye first. 13 is for MVC left eye first. 14 for MVC right eye first (Edge of Tomorrow). There are others for HTAB and so on, just Google MVC Stereo Mode settings for the full list.
Interesting, thanks.
Btw, is there a list somewhere of movies with the right eye first? I tried to Google it but came up empty...
(2016-01-26, 14:03)ArieS Wrote: Btw, is there a list somewhere of movies with the right eye first? I tried to Google it but came up empty...

Edge of Tomorrow was my test sample for right-eye-first.
Off the top of my head, these are also right-eye first:
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (not certain as rented once for the kids)
- Dolphin Tale (not certain as rented once for the kids)
- Drive Angry
- Rio

(2016-01-26, 04:19)Dave the Minion Wrote: The only reason to use any file name tag is for Kodi to use an appropriate flag in the skin to identify the video format (codec) as Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D etc.
Talking about tags for skin, only my few .3D.SBS and .3D.TAB named videos get picked up by skin (Artic if it matters) as 3D. Majority I have ISO's and naming them .3D.iso, they don't get identified as 3D. This was discussed briefly some pages back, but no solution to fix ISO 3D identification.
My HT
(2016-01-26, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: Talking about tags for skin, only my few .3D.SBS and .3D.TAB named videos get picked up by skin (Artic if it matters) as 3D. Majority I have ISO's and naming them .3D.iso, they don't get identified as 3D. This was discussed briefly some pages back, but no solution to fix ISO 3D identification.

You should be able to name then .3D.SBS.iso or .3D.TAB.iso (from http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags).
If using my newclock5 branch then .3D.MVC.iso is also valid.

.3D.iso has never been a valid 3D filename tag.
Thanks... had thought only ".3D" was needed, but will changes all my 3D ISO's to ".3D.MVC.iso" as it makes more sense than TAB or SBS.
My HT
Kodi file naming tags for 3D are terribly poor and utterly ugly. I use my own in my customized skin. So simple and clean. My OCD would go crazy trying to name things XXX.XX.XXX.XX. like Kodi wants just to have a few icons show up. Makes my skin crawl.
(2016-01-26, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: Off the top of my head, these are also right-eye first:
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (not certain as rented once for the kids)
- Dolphin Tale (not certain as rented once for the kids)
- Drive Angry
- Rio

Will have to check a few of these out. It's easy to tell when right-eye first should be enabled. The background makes you feel cross-eyed even if the mid-ground seems correct. A simple edit of the header which takes but a few seconds and suddenly everything looks great!
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17