• 4(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
TESTERS NEEDED!

I just pushed v9.3.0 to my development repo.

NOTE: This update will reset ALL custom category backgrounds.

I really appreciate any feedback on:
  • New custom category fanart backgrounds. Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add More Categories / 2 / 3 / 4 > Background (at the bottom).
  • All home screen widgets. They have been largely rewritten, increasing speed and load times and fixing bugs. The add-on service.skin.widgets is not needed anymore, and can be safely uninstalled. Random / Featured widgets will now update every time you enter the home screen. Recently added movies and episodes widgets only shows unwatched items.

Cheers
Gade
Is there a way to show only fanart of a smart playlist??
For example i seperated my tv shows between anime, carttons, tv shows
So the playlist containing so and so shows would only show in that category??
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2016-01-25, 08:09)Furby8704 Wrote: Is there a way to show only fanart of a smart playlist??
For example i seperated my tv shows between anime, carttons, tv shows
So the playlist containing so and so shows would only show in that category??

Sorry, it's not possible to show fanart from playlists as backgrounds the same way you can for random, recent, in progress and unwatched fanart backgrounds.

Widgets are possible to show from playlists with items only from the playlists.
Hi Gade,

I've installed your skin a few days ago in the openelec OS with Jarvis and I'm very pleased. The skin is fantastic.

I just find an issue in my enviroment. In the library, the movie information don't show up the movie Poster when my usb HDD is not plugged in.

However, I've tried to edit the DialogVideoInfo.xml and change the following tags:

<texture>$VAR[PosterThumb]</texture> -> <texture background="true">$VAR[PosterThumb]</texture>

This workaround works for me and now I can see all the posters.

Thanx for your amazing work. Please keep going Smile
(2016-01-26, 02:35)pmartires Wrote: Hi Gade,

I've installed your skin a few days ago in the openelec OS with Jarvis and I'm very pleased. The skin is fantastic.

I just find an issue in my enviroment. In the library, the movie information don't show up the movie Poster when my usb HDD is not plugged in.

However, I've tried to edit the DialogVideoInfo.xml and change the following tags:

<texture>$VAR[PosterThumb]</texture> -> <texture background="true">$VAR[PosterThumb]</texture>

This workaround works for me and now I can see all the posters.

Thanx for your amazing work. Please keep going Smile

Hi pmartires and welcome to the forums.

Thanks a lot for the kind words - I really appreciate it Smile

Good idea, I added the code to DialogVideoInfo.xml and it will be available in the next development and official update.

Thanks for reporting the issue Wink
Hi Gade,

Thanks for you reply Smile

More two questions/resquest:

- It is possible to add a "SHOW YEAR" option (similar to SHOW RATING) in the VIEW OPTIONS for the THUMBNAIL VIEW ? This is useful when the library is sorted by year and we scroll the thumbnails as we can only see one digit/letter in the left top corner. With this option we could see the complete year in the bottom of the screen instead of the rating/genre.

- Can we have a option to choose different movie information layout ?

I've done some minor changes in the layout as you can see in the screenshot bellow, and I think it would be interesting if we could switch between multiple movie information layout.

Thanks
(2016-01-27, 19:37)pmartires Wrote: Hi Gade,

Thanks for you reply Smile

More two questions/resquest:

- It is possible to add a "SHOW YEAR" option (similar to SHOW RATING) in the VIEW OPTIONS for the THUMBNAIL VIEW ? This is useful when the library is sorted by year and we scroll the thumbnails as we can only see one digit/letter in the left top corner. With this option we could see the complete year in the bottom of the screen instead of the rating/genre.

Hi pmartires.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sure, good idea. I'll add the view option, which will be available for movies, tv shows and seasons from next development and official release.

I actually didn't realize the other issue with the sort letter notification in the top. I'll see how I can fix it.

(2016-01-27, 19:37)pmartires Wrote: - Can we have a option to choose different movie information layout ?

I've done some minor changes in the layout as you can see in the screenshot bellow, and I think it would be interesting if we could switch between multiple movie information layout.

Thanks

I appreciate the suggestion and mods are always welcomed.

But sorry, I like the current layout better.

Cheers
Gade
UPDATE: Rapier 9.4.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

NOTE:
- The update of music and movie genre image resource add-ons might need you to set the add-ons again in the skin settings.
- The add-on service.skin.widgets is not needed anymore and can be safely uninstalled.

The highlights are:
  • Increased the speed of most home screen widgets. Random / Featured widgets now updates every time the home screen is entered.
  • Skin Settings > General > Startup. Added a setting to enable startup video, music or image.
  • PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live radio.
  • Redesign and positioning of home screen weather widget.
  • Redesign and positioning of home screen system widget.
  • A new view type has been added for movies and sets: Recommended View. This shows recommended movies for the focused movie in your library (requires script.extendedinfo).
  • Fullscreen music OSD: a new menu has been added for visualisation options. It is displayed automatically when the visualisation button is focused.
  • Fanart backgrounds has been added for all custom categories: movies / tv shows / videos / music - random / recent / in progress / unwatched fanart. NOTE: This will break all current custom category backgrounds!
  • Added Audio DSP button in fullscreen music OSD.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.4.0 (12-February-16)
- Greatly improved visible conditions of fullscreen OSD, information and codec information dialogs.
- Added General skin setting to enable startup video, audio or image.
- Code cleanup.
- Added PVR Stream Information when displaying codec info for fullscreen live radio.
- Added Audio DSP button in fullscreen music OSD.
- Improved skin settings Media and Backgrounds.
- All movie, set, tv show, episode and music video star ratings are now using half stars (0-10).
- Label position fix for RSS Editor windows.
- Update of home screen system info widget.
- Bugfixing of images in DialogVideoInfo.xml
- Added view option to movies, tv shows and seasons to show year in the info pane.
- Update of music and movie genre image resource add-ons.
- Added new view type to movies and sets library: Recommended View (using script.extendedinfo).
- Bugfixing of blu-ray and dvd media flags.
- Add-on settings dialog is now centered in fullscreen video and audio window.
- Update of music OSD. New menu is added for Visualisations.
- Updated languages from Transifex.
- Update of text viewer dialog.
- Updated some textures in video libraries.
- Added fanart backgrounds (movies, tv shows, videos, music: random, recent, in progress, unwatched) to custom categories. THIS WILL BREAK ALL CURRENT CUSTOM CATEGORY BACKGROUNDS!
- Updated some home screen category image languages.
- Redesign of home screen weather widget.
- Changed position of home screen system information widget.
- When movies or tv show episodes are paused, a poster or clear art / clear logo will be visible in the bottom left corner.
- Added PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live visible condition to DialogSeekBar.xml
- Bugfixing of home screen In Progress episodes and movies.
- Improved visible conditions for home screen widgets.
- Removed service.skin.widgets add-on and improved all home screen widgets. Random / Featured widgets now updates every time the home screen is entered.
- Added labels for music OSD random and repeat buttons.
- Bugfixing of fanart images in Extended List View.

- Update of home screen system info widget.
- Changed position of home screen system information widget.

Added new view type to movies and sets library: Recommended View (using script.extendedinfo).

Update of music OSD. New menu is added for Visualisations.
Added Audio DSP button in fullscreen music OSD.

Added fanart backgrounds (movies, tv shows, videos, music: random, recent, in progress, unwatched) to custom categories.
THIS WILL BREAK ALL CURRENT CUSTOM CATEGORY BACKGROUNDS!

Redesign of home screen weather widget.

When movies or tv show episodes are paused, a poster or clear art / clear logo will be visible in the bottom left corner.

ENJOY!
Hi Gade.

The skin is not updating for me and when trying to install from download I am getting the message "Dependencies not met. Contact add-on author"

Many thanks, Ian
(2016-02-15, 09:22)idrabble Wrote: Hi Gade.

The skin is not updating for me and when trying to install from download I am getting the message "Dependencies not met. Contact add-on author"

Many thanks, Ian

It can take some time for the updates to hit the repo.

Where did you download the zip file you are trying to install?
I love the updates for the skin.

How can I get the "In cinemas" widget to show a list of movies instead of what it shows now?

See image:

(2016-02-21, 18:58)nohitter151 Wrote: I love the updates for the skin.

How can I get the "In cinemas" widget to show a list of movies instead of what it shows now?

See image:

Hi nohitter151.

Thanks for the kind words Smile

The add-on calls for those widgets have changed with the new version of script.extendedinfo.

I will fix this as soon as possible and push an update to the official and development repository.

To get this update fastest, your best choice is probably to install my development repository, as I most likely will push this update later tonight.
(2016-02-15, 10:24)Gade Wrote:

Many thanks, Ian

I am having problems with this also. Tried from repository, download zip file, and also tried 9.3 from your repository and get dependencies not met.

I am running 16.0 on fire tv.

I am also getting same error with other skins so I wiped everything and tried from scratch, no joy.
(2016-02-21, 23:55)c_tripps_2k Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 10:24)Gade Wrote:

Many thanks, Ian

I am having problems with this also. Tried from repository, download zip file, and also tried 9.3 from your repository and get dependencies not met.

I am running 16.0 on fire tv.

I am also getting same error with other skins so I wiped everything and tried from scratch, no joy.

Hi c_tripps_2k.

That's strange. If you have this error with all skins, it's most likely not a skin related issue, but a problem with the add-on repository.

Which version do you currently run and which version are you trying to update to?

Which zip file did you download?
I downloaded zip from link in the thread.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/ski...-9.4.0.zip

Also, I have fresh install of kodi, 16.0 so rapier hasn't been installed yet.

I suspect a plugin that is common to a number of skins is either missing, out of date, or not available.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2