• 152(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-26, 13:54)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: In video/playback/playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos set to "preferred mode"
Doh! This is what I was missing... Thanks a lot pcm!

(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: Is this part of the video or a subtitle?
In this example this is part of the video, the opening credits.
Tonight I watched The Martian in 3D and the text from his camcorder, the forced subs for the Chinese parts were all jagged. It really looks like it's over sharpened... I could always upload a small sample of the opening credits of The Walk and you can check if it's jagged for you too?

One thing to check is your TV settings. I had turned off all processing and sharpening on my TV so I thought my raspberry PI was the one giving jaggies, but then I realized the 3D mode on the TV requires separate adjustments, so when it switched into 3D mode, it was turning on all the processing again. Something to check at least.
(2016-01-27, 20:10)tate1293 Wrote: Have you guys seen the Pine64? (http://pine64.com/). It's basically like an upgraded Raspberry PI, with Android support and 4K HEVC decoding. I emailed them about MVC support and they said they're working on supporting it. Hopefully they follow through and this could possibly play 3D bluray rips as well as UHD bluray rips.
Interesting, thanks. But, Allwinner SoC... doesn't inspire confidence based on Allwinner solutions to date. Also, HDMI 1.4 means no 10-bit 4K, nor HDR, nor 60Hz I believe. 3D MVC being worked on is one thing, but what about HD audio passthru? Dunno, I think Pine64 would have a real uphill climb to catch up to RPi2's performance as an already pretty great Kodi home theater box. Just no HD audio passthru and a tad slow (vs. best Android boxes, Chromebox).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-27, 20:10)tate1293 Wrote: [...]I emailed them about MVC support and they said they're working on supporting it. [...]

Yeah, yeah. Seeing is believing Wink
(2016-01-27, 20:26)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 20:10)tate1293 Wrote: Have you guys seen the Pine64? (http://pine64.com/). It's basically like an upgraded Raspberry PI, with Android support and 4K HEVC decoding. I emailed them about MVC support and they said they're working on supporting it. Hopefully they follow through and this could possibly play 3D bluray rips as well as UHD bluray rips.
Interesting, thanks. But, Allwinner SoC... doesn't inspire confidence based on Allwinner solutions to date. Also, HDMI 1.4 means no 10-bit 4K, nor HDR, nor 60Hz I believe. 3D MVC being worked on is one thing, but what about HD audio passthru? Dunno, I think Pine64 would have a real uphill climb to catch up to RPi2's performance as an already pretty great Kodi home theater box. Just no HD audio passthru and a tad slow (vs. best Android boxes, Chromebox).

True about the no 60Hz and no HDR as well as not being sure if they'll actually deliver on the MVC. My TV isn't HDR anyway, so until I get an HDR TV it could be a stopgap solution at least to play 4K bluray rips. That is, assuming we can even rip them at all anytime soon.
If this hardware can support 3D MVC and bit-stream Audio, i can careless about 4K support,there is enough Android boxes that already does that,all we need is a well integrated Kodi box like Raspberry Pi with 3D MVC and Bitstream Support.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-27, 21:29)movie78 Wrote: 4D MVC and Bitstream Support.
Leave it to movie78 to take us to the next dimension Wink. Kidding aside, too many if's already w/this device. For 3D, HiMedia Q5, followed by RPi2 for me. nVidia Shield (sold my Chromebox last year) for most 2D & HD audio needs, including the little 4K content there is.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-27, 21:29)movie78 Wrote: If this hardware can support 3D MVC and bit-stream Audio, i can careless about 4K support,there is enough Android boxes that already does that,all we need is a well integrated Kodi box like Raspberry Pi with 4D MVC and Bitstream Support.

since this thread is about boxes that do full 3d and hd audio i guess, but there are lots of people who care about 4K support, for me im considering being able to play 4K bluray and decode 10 bit hevc rips very important in my coming devices, full 3d is also right up there of course, i think the next gen intel stuff will be where it all comes together.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Has anyone heard any indication that there will be PC bluray drives able to read UHD blurays and what the copy protection situation is... whether we'll be able to rip them or not?
(2016-01-27, 20:13)tate1293 Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 13:54)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: In video/playback/playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos set to "preferred mode"
Doh! This is what I was missing... Thanks a lot pcm!

(2016-01-26, 01:35)popcornmix Wrote: Is this part of the video or a subtitle?
In this example this is part of the video, the opening credits.
Tonight I watched The Martian in 3D and the text from his camcorder, the forced subs for the Chinese parts were all jagged. It really looks like it's over sharpened... I could always upload a small sample of the opening credits of The Walk and you can check if it's jagged for you too?

One thing to check is your TV settings. I had turned off all processing and sharpening on my TV so I thought my raspberry PI was the one giving jaggies, but then I realized the 3D mode on the TV requires separate adjustments, so when it switched into 3D mode, it was turning on all the processing again. Something to check at least.
I agree with you, however it plays fine with my 3D Bluray player so that kinda rules out the Projector 3D settings. I will double check that though.
If anyone wants to give my little sample a go and report:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4DPDmH...sp=sharing
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-01-27, 21:38)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 21:29)movie78 Wrote: If this hardware can support 3D MVC and bit-stream Audio, i can careless about 4K support,there is enough Android boxes that already does that,all we need is a well integrated Kodi box like Raspberry Pi with 4D MVC and Bitstream Support.

since this thread is about boxes that do full 3d and hd audio i guess, but there are lots of people who care about 4K support, for me im considering being able to play 4K bluray and decode 10 bit hevc rips very important in my coming devices, full 3d is also right up there of course, i think the next gen intel stuff will be where it all comes together.

Isn't the Nvidia Shield the hard to get if you need 4K?
We still don't a well supported 3D MVC Kodi,the Raspberry Pi2 is good but it has it limitation
I taught we have well established that a ALL IN ONE Kodi box (Like Chromebox with 3D MVC) doesn't exit,if you want 4K get the Shield,3D without immersive Audio get the Pi2,3D with immersive Audio=good luck.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-27, 21:39)tate1293 Wrote: Has anyone heard any indication that there will be PC bluray drives able to read UHD blurays and what the copy protection situation is... whether we'll be able to rip them or not?
None announced as yet. Also no 3D spec for 4K yet. Will 4K Blu-rays will be a niche within a niche format? I've always been an early adopter, and I'm not jumping in this time.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-27, 22:04)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 21:38)dukester Wrote:

Isn't the Nvidia Shield the hard to get if you need 4K?
We still don't a well supported 3D MVC Kodi,the Raspberry Pi2 is good but it has it limitation
I taught we have well established that a ALL IN ONE Kodi box (Like Chromebox with 3D MVC) doesn't exit,if you want 4K get the Shield,3D without immersive Audio get the Pi2,3D with immersive Audio=good luck.

I think its not that far off to have a chromebox(or similar) that will do 3D MVC, there's MVC implementation going on right now on the intel platform and braswell cpus support 8 bit 4k and the next gen intel cpu will support 4k 10bit hevc. That would make for the perfect box, Openelec on a chromebox, all audio formats supported, 4K@60hz, full hardware decoding for everything.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-01-27, 23:08)dukester Wrote: ...3D MVC, there's MVC implementation going on right now on the intel platform and braswell cpus...
Did I miss the memo on this? Huh Something like Chromebox w/MVC support & HD audio = awesome! Got a link to any discussion on this?

Edit: I see this, but it's probably under Windows as Intel hasn't opened their MVC decoder for any devs to play with don't think. Needed for it to happen on OpenELEC.
My Family Room Theater
Obviously there's no guarantee it can all come together and work, but there are people trying so thats a good sign,

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226440&page=2

and here is some talk about it briefly. seems this could be the best chance since we know the rest of an intel nuc or similar setup is rock solid as a media center

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2226036
(2016-01-27, 22:44)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 21:39)tate1293 Wrote: Has anyone heard any indication that there will be PC bluray drives able to read UHD blurays and what the copy protection situation is... whether we'll be able to rip them or not?
None announced as yet. Also no 3D spec for 4K yet. Will 4K Blu-rays will be a niche within a niche format? I've always been an early adopter, and I'm not jumping in this time.

3D is dead. Part of the 4K bluray specs is backwards compatibility on Bluray players do not have to support 3D its optional. So out the door new hardware does not need to support old 3D bluray. The Chairman of the Blu-ray Disc Association had said numerous times 4K will not get a 3D update.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17