New user
I have not used Kodi before my question is do we load the app to the TV or do I need to use an external box something like Roku work or should I use another type?
Also how well does it work with live TV like NBC or another
live tv requires a PVR (wiki) backend. as far as NBC there is the NBC_Sports_Live_Extra (wiki) add-on.

here is a good place to start looking at hardware: devices (wiki)
you should probably point out how you would like to use Kodi and which other services you might want to use (Netflix, ...), then we can give more recommendations for a certain platform or hardware. If your TV runs AndroidTV, you should be able to install Kodi on it right away. If not, a little more info would be nice.

As bry- already pointed out, Kodi does support LiveTV, but it requires some PVR server running somewhere in your house. If you have such a PVR server/backend, then you can watch LiveTV on any devices Kodi is running on.
Also a new user here. I'm wondering how to add an add-on. I am using an Amazon Firestick. For example, when adding a "video" add on I figure I click on the "direct download" but what after that? Do I just place the downloaded folder somewhere in the usb stick or do I have to use some other method?
I should also mention, I have purchased a firestick already jailbroken with Kodi installed. I just don't know how to add add-ons....
Thread moved to OS independent.

Have a look at the first time user (wiki) pages on the wiki for some guidance.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-28, 04:05)tksirius Wrote: I should also mention, I have purchased a firestick already jailbroken with Kodi installed. I just don't know how to add add-ons....

And now to read from a prepared statement:

There's no such thing as a jailbroken firestick/ Fire TV/ Fire TV stick. They are all the same. You paid extra for no reason. You got ripped off.
(2016-01-28, 08:56)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 04:05)tksirius Wrote: I should also mention, I have purchased a firestick already jailbroken with Kodi installed. I just don't know how to add add-ons....

And now to read from a prepared statement:

There's no such thing as a jailbroken firestick/ Fire TV/ Fire TV stick. They are all the same. You paid extra for no reason. You got ripped off.
You're also talking about something that piracy add-ons provide. We have NO relation to these third-party add-ons and we don't recommend using them. Also, talk about these is banned from our forum, so I'd suggest to not go any further in asking about specifics of these add-ons or this thread will be trashed. Read our http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules and especially the piracy part of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user0