• 1(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Arctic Zephyr: Generations

*This Post Is Out of Date Currently Being Updated Over the Next Few Days!*

Official Sites
Lifecycle Policy

To help ensure and maintain the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes experience, NortheBridge has imposed a lifecycle policy. Each major release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes undergoes several phases during the active life of the Kodi addon: Preview Availability (PA), General Availability (GA), Long Term Support (LTS), and End of Life (EoL). The lifecycle policy for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is available at https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kod.../lifecycle as well as displayed below:
  • Arctic Zephyr: Exploded - Kodi 15 Isengard - Initial Release: April 2015 - Status: End of Life (November 2015)
  • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - Kodi 16 Jarvis - Initial Release: December 2015 - Status: End of Life (November 2016)
  • Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Kodi 18 Leia - Initial Release: Coming Soon

Requirements for From Ashes (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
Optional Suggested Addons (Kodi 18 Leia)
Kodi 16 (Jarvis)
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes support for Kodi Jarvis (Kodi 16) is coming to an end and is now in "End of Life" Status. As of November 2, 2016, it is no longer supported and will not receive future updates. However, we understand that not all devices are Kodi Krypton ready yet. The installation is a little different on Jarvis than it is on Krypton. Rather than installing from a Repo, you'll need to download the zip file from the "How to Get It (Release Channels)" section below and you'll need:
Description

Conceived in April 2015 as "Arctic Zephyr: Exploded," by im85288 and badaas before later being curated and published by NortheBridge as "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes," authored by Guardian Hope - From Ashes is the second generation and successor of the "Arctic Zephyr: Exploded" skin for Kodi and introduced support for Kodi Jarvis while retaining its predecessor's capabilities and design. Now that the From Ashes Project is moving into its second year, the third generation of the skin - "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers" is now co-authored by Guardian Hope and minus0 and introduces new features and design aesthetics for a modern skin intended for Kodi Krypton. It continues to be published by NortheBridge and is based on the original Arctic Zephyr created by Jurialmonkey although many have posed the notion that Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is in its own right, a skin by itself due to how far it has diverged from the original.

History

This From Ashes project has existed on the Emby forums since 2015 and was brought to the Kodi forums with the release of the "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Audio Suite," into the official Kodi Repo the latter available for use with any skin or skin modification provided the appropriate credits are given. Officially, the "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Audio Suite" is used in Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Eunique but will work with any skin.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes supports everything its predecessor did except it has moved well beyond in both design and scope. The idea is to stay true to AZ:E (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223715) while advancing forward with a theme favored by a lot among the Emby community.

How to Get It (Release Channels)

Via the NortheBridge by Design Repository (Krypton - Danvers): https://embycdn.northebridge.com/Natalie...2.0.00.zip
GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...s/releases
Via Enterprise CDN (Jarvis - Dormer): https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.4.70.zip (3.4.70 - latest as of 12/13/2016)
Via Enterprise CDN (Krypton - Danvers) https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/da...beta10.zip (4.9.92-beta10 - latest as of 01/22/2017)
Available in the Emby Beta Repo

To ensure skin authenticity, ensure that you have only downloaded the skin from the above release channels. This skin is not distributed by any other means than those outlined above.

Installing

For Kodi Krypton (v17) or later - Enable "Addons from Third-Party Sources" and Install the NortheBridge by Design Repository. Once installed, simply browse to "Install from Repository," Select "NortheBridge by Design," Select "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers," and Select "Install." It may take two minutes to install depending on the specifications of your hardware and internet connection. Kodi will ask you to switch to "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers" when it's ready.

For Kodi Jarvis (v16) - Install the Dormer Zip File (AZ:FA 3.4.30) or you may get it from the Emby Beta Repository by installing the Emby Beta Repository and then browsing to "Install from Repository," Select "Emby Beta Repository," Select "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes," and Select "Install." It may take two minutes to install depending on the specifications of your hardware and internet connection. Kodi will ask you to switch to "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" when it's ready.

Install from GitHub Source (for advanced users) - Simply download from GitHub and rename the folder inside the zip to either "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes" for Kodi 16 Jarvis (Dormer - 3.4.70) or "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes.danvers for Kodi 17 Krypton (Danvers - 5.x). You may apply this same method to install a development branch which is usually signified by its version number suffixed with "-dev" such as "5.0.00-dev." Please note that using a development branch is intended for advanced users who know how to install the released version as development branches share the same version number as their released counterparts.

Pre-Release Software Notice (Krypton - "Danvers Preview")

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES (DANVERS PREVIEW) IS EARLY STAGE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE COMMUNITY FOR TESTING. ALTHOUGH IT IS LIKELY MOST, IF NOT ALL, FEATURES OF ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES WORK ON KODI 17 KRYPTON, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT CERTAIN FUNCTIONALITY MAY BE LIMITED OR MAY NOT WORK AT ALL. YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE IS DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Known Issues
As with any software, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is not immune to glitches, bugs, and other limitations which may crop up from time to time. Some issues have been inherited from Arctic Zephyr: Exploded while others have been introduced through the ongoing development of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes. The following is a list of all known validated issues:
  • No Known Issues

The Best Audio Experience

To get the best experience, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes will try to change Kodi's default Confluence sounds over to the From Ashes Audio Suite. If it doesn't do that, simply go to "Look and Feel," click "GUI Sounds," and enable the Audio Suite by clicking on it and selecting "Use." It's compatible with any theme working for Jarvis or later and integrated with Eunique as well (another great theme I strongly recommend you check out!).

Donate with Code, Not Money

I took over this theme from im85288 and badaas a while back because I saw that many in the Emby community and clearly the Kodi community as seen by the 85 page thread really do love this theme. I am just one person who does work on this in some spare time. Unlike others who love to stick those lovely donation buttons up I would much prefer it if you make your contribution with code. Is there a feature you want? You have the power to make it happen. I will accept requests to integrate new code into this theme after testing it out to ensure stability, etc. That's all I ask.

Special Thanks
    Jurialmonkey for creating Arctic Zephyr
    im85288 and badaas for creating Arctic Zephyr: Exploded; the predecessor to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
    minus0 for taking up the position of "co-author" and contributing greatly to the From Ashes Project.

Please enjoy the skin that's built for you by you. Your feedback drives the development of this skin as does any single person's contribution - no matter how small or how large. Enjoy!

Drafted Updated Post for FA Wrote:
    *AZ:FA Danvers Logo*
    Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes & Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age
    The "From Ashes Project" by NortheBridge
    *AZ:FA Slideshow*

Current Versions

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers): 4.9.92-beta10 (Released: January 22, 2016)
    Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age (Caitlin Snow): TBA (Released: TBA)

Requirements

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers): Kodi 17 Krypton
    Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age: Kodi 17 Krypton or later

Recommendations

The From Ashes Project supports and recommends Emby to manage your Kodi Library. Get Emby Server and the Emby for Kodi Plugin today!

Summary

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age redefine your media experience with Kodi catering to the needs of its audience no matter how small the feature. Conceived initially in April 2015 by "im85288" and "badaas" on the Emby forums as Arctic Zephyr: Exploded, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age are the direct successors to Arctic Zephyr: Exploded and in the case of For Another Age, the successor to Arctic Zephyr: Braz by "braz" on the Kodi forums. Published by NortheBridge, curated by "Guardian Hope," and co-authored by "Guardian Hope," "minus0" and "Habitual_Sinner," the From Ashes Project is entering its second year by introducing the third and fourth generation of AZ:FA - Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers for Kodi 17 Krypton and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age. Based in part on the original Arctic Zephyr by "Jurialmonkey" on the Kodi forums two years ago, some have argued that the From Ashes Project have diverged so much from the original that it is outright its own skin with unique features not found in the original.

Getting It: the From Ashes Waypoint

It has been over a year since the From Ashes Project launched and in that time we have maintained two versions of the skin revealing the overwhelmingly complicated process of getting From Ashes. We have made great strides in making it simple as possible and starting with Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers and continuing to Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age, we have eliminated the age old adage of "RTFM."

Whether you're a regular user or an advanced one, the From Ashes Waypoint will guide you through your first steps with Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes or Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age.

Redefine Your Media Experience: https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kod...1/start.do
    The From Ashes Waypoint will present you with the only authentic release channels: the NortheBridge by Design Repository, Emby Beta Repository, the NortheBridge Anycast Content Distribution Network (Enterprise CDN), and GitHub (for advanced users). These are the only officially supported sources.

History

This From Ashes project has existed on the Emby forums since November 2015 and was brought to the Kodi forums with the release of the "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Audio Suite," into the official Kodi Repo the latter available for use with any skin or skin modification provided the appropriate credits are given. Officially, the "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Audio Suite" is used in Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Eunique but will work with any skin.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes supports everything its predecessor did except it has moved well beyond in both design and scope. The idea is to stay true to AZ:E (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223715) while advancing forward with a theme favored by a lot among the Emby community. With Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age, we are bringing the features of From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: Braz (AZ:B) together taking the From Ashes Project to entirely new heights.

An Audio Experience

To get the best experience, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes will try to change Kodi's default Confluence sounds over to the From Ashes Audio Suite. If it doesn't do that, simply follow this From Ashes Help Article: <Needs Link>. It's compatible with any theme working for Jarvis or later and integrated with Eunique as well (another great theme we strongly recommend you check out!).

Project Erso

<Teaser Description>

Known Issues, Feature Suggestions, and Project Tracking

From Ashes Project Tracking by NortheBridge: <Needs Link>

For the latest known issues and upcoming features, follow the From Ashes Project Tracking by NortheBridge. We strongly encourage everyone to contribute to both the tracker and to speak up here on the Kodi or Emby forums about what they want to see and what issues they encounter in Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age.

Lifecycle Policy

NortheBridge has instituted an official lifecycle policy for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age. You can read about the varying stages of the lifecycle at https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kod.../lifecycle and the current stages of the various From Ashes Project releases are available below:

• Arctic Zephyr: Exploded - Kodi 15 Isengard - Initial Release: April 2015 - Status: End of Life (November 2015)
    • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - Kodi 16 Jarvis - Initial Release: December 2015 - Status: End of Life (November 2016)
    • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) - Kodi 17 Krypton - Initial Release: August 2016 - Status: Preview Availability (August 2016)
    • Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age - Kodi 17 Krypton - Initial Release: TBD - Status: N/A (January 2017)

Branch Names

Throughout this thread you may see certain releases referred to by names other than "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes," or "Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age." These are references to their branch name or names that were given to each of the various releases by the From Ashes Project. Currently, these are all the known branch names that you may see:

• Exploded - "Arctic Zephyr: Exploded" created by @im85288 and @badaas; what Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is based on
    • Braz - "Arctic Zephyr: Braz" created by @braz; all its features to be implemented in Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age
    • Dormer - "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes," the first release by the From Ashes Project for Kodi 16 Jarvis
    • Danvers - "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers," the current release by the From Ashes Project for Kodi 17 Krypton
    • Caitlin Snow - "Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age," the next generation release by the From Ashes Project for Kodi 17 Krypton or later

Still Using Kodi 16?

Although NortheBridge nor the From Ashes Project supports Kodi 16 Jarvis anymore, the legacy Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Dormer branch) releases are still available for download.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Dormer - 3.4.70): https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kod...req=dormer

Donate with Code, Not MoneyI took over this theme from im85288 and badaas a while back because I saw that many in the Emby community and clearly the Kodi community as seen by the 85 page thread really do love this theme. I am just one person who does work on this in some spare time. Unlike others who love to stick those lovely donation buttons up I would much prefer it if you make your contribution with code. Is there a feature you want? You have the power to make it happen. I will accept requests to integrate new code into this theme after testing it out to ensure stability, etc. That's all I ask.
    Special Thanks
    Jurialmonkey for creating Arctic Zephyr
    im85288 and badaas for creating Arctic Zephyr: Exploded; the predecessor to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
    minus0 for taking up the position of "Co-Author" and contributing greatly to the From Ashes Project.
    Habitual_Sinner for becoming a "Contributing Author"
    Please enjoy the skin that's built for you by you. Your feedback drives the development of this skin as does any single person's contribution - no matter how small or how large. Enjoy!Fun Facts and Easter Eggs

Did you really not expect us to stick in a few Easter Eggs or fire off some fun facts about Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age. Begin your hunt for the Easter Eggs and discover fun facts about Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age at https://northebridge.com/systems/oss/kod...eastereggs today Cool.

The Legal Stuff

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age are licensed under AGPLv3 for non-commercial use only. Contributions to the From Ashes Project are governed by the NortheBridge Open Source Software Contribution Agreement (NOSSCA). More information can be found at the NortheBridge Legal Center.

*AZ:FA Slideshow*
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Update 3.1.01

A dependency issue appeared that crept in from the import of the previous theme base.

Post has been updated with new links.

OS X users should be good to go. Openelec users: I can't make any promises as I don't own an Openelec device.

In the meantime the Git link is provided at the top post or you can direct download from: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.1.01.zip

OS X users and Openelec users - let me know if you continue to have issues.
Nice to see someone is going on with development of this great skin / mod :-)
(2016-01-27, 15:42)b0mb Wrote: Nice to see someone is going on with development of this great skin / mod :-)

Thank you for your kind words. To tell you the truth, it almost went away on the Emby forums and my idea was just to "long term support" it - make sure it stays going but not adding anything new.

However, people have responded and although we all acknowledge the transition made it rough around the edges, I am going to enhance it further while making sure it stays true to the AZ:E lineage I was given.

This theme is my favorite as AZ:E which is this theme's direct predecessor is what made me like Kodi. I used to loathe XBMC and would have never turned to it if it wasn't for the WMC drop in Windows 10.

So it might take some time but the hatches will be battened down. I might complete the last of the backports next week and begin the long road of fixing everything.
@Guardian Hope

You should pat yourself on the back. Great Mod to a Great skin. Keep up the excellent work.
Nicely done. Can't seem to add widgets for things like youtube or twitch, but other than that it's working nicely.

Edit: Figured it out, but it would be nice if you could set the thumbnail type per widget, portrait, landscape etc. Also setting the widget to none for the settings menu doesn't remove the recent movies widget, and I can't figure out how to make the weather widget work.

Thanks for your hard work.
(2016-02-01, 00:11)Jimmeh Wrote: Nicely done. Can't seem to add widgets for things like youtube or twitch, but other than that it's working nicely.

Edit: Figured it out, but it would be nice if you could set the thumbnail type per widget, portrait, landscape etc. Also setting the widget to none for the settings menu doesn't remove the recent movies widget, and I can't figure out how to make the weather widget work.

Thanks for your hard work.

I'm glad you figured out your issue. I haven't delved too much into widgets as I have never used them but I will be looking into it a little bit later on.

Right now, the issue with views being unchangable at any depth lower than than the home screen has taken priority which is either going to be addressed this week or after I get back near the end of February.

I forget to check the Kodi forums unlike the Emby forums so I have updated my thread subscription to email notification replies from here as well.

An update should be out soon with the final back-ports and a fix for the view changes.
Attention to all users having issues with not being able to select colors in the skin settings.

You will have to change 3 lines of code for it to work. This change uses the script.skin.helper.service to bring up the color picker within the script.

You have to edit the SkinSettings.xml in the "16×9 folder located in the skin folder.

*****Please backup the file before you edit.*****

Edit lines:
791, 817, and 843

Line 791
<onclick>RunScript (script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=focuscolor.name)</onclick>

Line 817
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=focuscolor2.name)</onclick>

Line 843
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=selectedcolor.name)</onclick>

These changes will give you 4 color palettes to choose from and the transparency slider also. Make sure you have the above mentioned script installed for these changes to work.
@Guardian Hope

The Enable/Disable Views in the skin settings is not showing up for selection.

Line 86 in SkinSettings is commented out, resulting in the command lines to not show in the skin setting area. Comments just need to be deleted.
watch gallery

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 3.2.00 (Bluestone)

Today we see a major update for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and as such a significant version jump to 3.2.00. Still a part of the Bluestone branch meaning features from Exploded are still being backported and fixed for Jarvis, this version is notable for featuring some community contributed suggestions like the similarities to the "Amber" version in the "Vertical" Home Screen as well as some suggestions and fixes from the Kodi forums too! We also see the return of being able to select a plethora of enabled views with the new enhanced view selector that just works better than the default version that was previously in the theme.

Version 3.2.00 is a long-term release; future updates won't occur until March. In the interim, everyone is welcome to contribute as has been started here and on the Kodi forums.

As usual, you can get it three different ways.

Available in the Emby Beta Repo for Kodi.
Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.00.zip
GitHub Link In First Post

Special thanks to @minus0 for his tip for the color picker! I went a different route with an enhanced view selector. Keep up the contributions! You have been credited in the changelog and you will appear in the Bluestone page information once it's in the theme!
Thanks Guardian Hope. Just trying to help out.
@Guardian Hope

Reworked color selection for "Main Highlight, Secondary Highlight, and selected Text.
Providing a download if you want to use it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KfGJ-...sp=sharing

Tested on Windows, and Android
(2016-02-08, 19:22)minus0 Wrote: @Guardian Hope

Reworked color selection for "Main Highlight, Secondary Highlight, and selected Text.
Providing a download if you want to use it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KfGJ-...sp=sharing

Tested on Windows, and Android

I tried out the SkinSettings.xml provided and it works great. It looks much better than the original set up. Just cleaner and more to the point.

Thanks Minus0....I hope that this makes it into the real skin.
Thanks Scott00007. I goofed on the first instructions I did. So when I corrected the settings I wanted to remove the command to reload the skin when you choose one of the items. Hope Guardian can use it. Enjoy
"It Would Never Be the Enterprise Without a .01 Release"

Yes, that is what this update has been nicknamed because there's always something that doesn't work in the .00 releases.

Addresses the issues above. I do not know how this would happen as Git and the zips uploaded come from the exact same source.

Available on Emby Beta Repository
Available via Git (Link in first post)

Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.01.zip

Changelog:

Code:
3.2.01 (3.2.01_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.01"
"It Will Never Be the Enterprise Without a .01 Release"
SkinSettings.xml space fixed (Contributor: papadcha [Emby Forums, Page 4])
Enhanced Skin Settings (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 1])

In case you are wondering there is a little goof in the changelog that gives it the 3.0.01 designation but still says 3.0.00 but has 3.2.01bsrelease01 and the proper version in addon.xml.

Can't change it now; about to head to the airport
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7